Author Topic: What's Llandudno Like Right Now?  (Read 2663446 times)

Offline Ian

• Administrator
Re: What's Llandudno Like Right Now?
« Reply #6375 on: June 18, 2015, 07:07:55 am »
Indeed.  Wicketly funny, one might say....
Nothing is so firmly believed as that which we least know.  ― Michel de Montaigne

Si hoc legere scis, nimis eruditionis habes.

Offline Tom Davidson

• Ad Free Member
  • Daily Post hack
« Reply #6376 on: June 18, 2015, 02:43:52 pm »
cricket.
After all what is time, a mere tyranny.

Offline Dave

« Reply #6377 on: June 18, 2015, 10:09:50 pm »
The net result is it's past me bye , don't understand the joke, it's over.

Offline wrex

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #6378 on: June 22, 2015, 10:59:49 pm »
On Bryniau rd near Trinity ave and next to the taxi rank on Gloddaeth st CCBC seem to have covered something in the middle of the road,quite bizzar.

Offline SteveH

• Management Board Member & Newsgroup Editor
« Reply #6379 on: June 27, 2015, 04:43:27 pm »
Mrs H. and I stopped for coffee this afternoon, in Madoc St. sitting outside very pleasant, we were joined by a couple from Leeds, had a chat, as you do, they told us they were here for the Elkie Brooks show at VC tonight and that they were part of a two coach party approx 80 people on a National Coach weekend break ( arrive Friday lunch, stay at the Grand, tickets to the show and leave after lunch on Sunday) with free time for shopping etc. approx £100 each.............We both thought this was a great deal, and very good for Llandudno...........and they said it was their first trip here in a long time but liked it so much they would be back soon........so well done to who ever organised the trip..........(give anybody any ideas)     $good$

Offline systema

« Reply #6380 on: June 27, 2015, 09:29:55 pm »
We did the same kind of thing and bought our lovely new house opposite the Snowden pub within 5 mins of viewing it.  What more do you want -- M & S down the road plus  a  £1 shop :-)  We loveit here in lLlandudno

Offline wrex

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #6381 on: June 28, 2015, 03:56:27 pm »
Omg my water feature in the Happy Valley is empty,ok i should;nt be suprised,bloody CCBC are so useless at looking after Llandudno.

Offline Fester

• Ad Free Member.
  • El Baldito
« Reply #6382 on: June 29, 2015, 12:01:20 am »
Two guys fighting outside The 147 Club at about 6.30pm, and it spilled over to where the fence is for Home Cookin'

About 7pm, another scrap outside Cooney's saw two blokes battering each other, whilst another man plus the wives got embroiled, and they fought their way up the street, again finishing up outside Home Cookin'
The main man who tried to intervene and break it up was chatting to me straight after, and his face was more injured than the protagonists! 
Police cars turned up some minutes later, had a brief glimpse, and drove off.

My over riding feeling throughout was, how lovely for those diners inside and outside Home Cookin!  &shake&
Fester...
- Semper in Excretum, Sole Profundum Variat -

Offline Merddin Emrys

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #6383 on: June 29, 2015, 07:57:02 am »
No wonder it is quiet there in the evenings! I can't see many visitors wanting to be around for that!  &shake&
A pigeon is for life not just Christmas

Offline Ian

• Administrator
« Reply #6384 on: June 30, 2015, 07:31:54 am »
Today we should reach 26C. Tomorrow is slightly cooler, although that's not what BBC weather is saying, since all their generalisations about weather are for the SE....
Nothing is so firmly believed as that which we least know.  ― Michel de Montaigne

Offline DaveR

• Administrator
« Reply #6385 on: June 30, 2015, 08:46:51 am »
Two guys fighting outside The 147 Club at about 6.30pm, and it spilled over to where the fence is for Home Cookin'

About 7pm, another scrap outside Cooney's saw two blokes battering each other, whilst another man plus the wives got embroiled, and they fought their way up the street, again finishing up outside Home Cookin'
The main man who tried to intervene and break it up was chatting to me straight after, and his face was more injured than the protagonists! 

My over riding feeling throughout was, how lovely for those diners inside and outside Home Cookin!  &shake&
This is what happens when people are allowed to drink aimlessly all day.

Offline Bosun

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #6386 on: June 30, 2015, 08:59:58 am »
We have just returned from a trip to Spain, where the licencing  laws are very liberal, and on this trip, as every other to the continent,  we saw no violence - hover,  that being said, the state of some of the other British airline passengers, both male and female, suggested a potential for problems. 
Being negative only makes a difficult journey more difficult. You may have been given a cactus, but you don't have to sit on it.

Offline DaveR

• Administrator
« Reply #6387 on: June 30, 2015, 09:04:01 am »
We have just returned from a trip to Spain, where the licencing  laws are very liberal, and on this trip, as every other to the continent,  we saw no violence - hover,  that being said, the state of some of the other British airline passengers, both male and female, suggested a potential for problems.
I agree. There seems to be something about certain sections of British society that means they can't handle alcohol.  &shake&

Offline Fester

• Ad Free Member.
  • El Baldito
« Reply #6388 on: June 30, 2015, 11:45:29 am »

This is what happens when people are allowed to drink aimlessly all day.

In 2016, I intend to join them!  Z**
Fester...
- Semper in Excretum, Sole Profundum Variat -

Offline Ian

• Administrator
« Reply #6389 on: June 30, 2015, 12:41:50 pm »
I agree. There seems to be something about certain sections of British society that means they can't handle alcohol.

I suspect it's more to do with the culture here. It's not considered good to be utterly incapable through alcohol anywhere on the Continent, but here it's almost a mark of achievement.