Author Topic: What's Llandudno Like Right Now?  (Read 2663643 times)

Offline DaveR

• Administrator
Re: What's Llandudno Like Right Now?
« Reply #6195 on: April 21, 2015, 12:01:30 pm »
But today, I see that Car Parking charges around the Pier area have DOUBLED!    It used to cost £1.50 to park by The Grand for 8 hours, and it has gone to £3.00.   To pile on the agony yet further, from 1st May that goes to £4.50!!
Outrageous. There just doesn't seem to be any synergy between various Council depts, one lot is trying to bring more people into the town, another is driving them away with litter wardens and increased car parking fees.  &shake&

Offline Fester

• Ad Free Member.
  • El Baldito
« Reply #6196 on: April 21, 2015, 12:15:30 pm »
Yes, and how can it be right that the same CCBC council allows FREE parking all the way along the Prom at Colwyn Bay, yet mercilessly punishes drivers in Llandudno?

It's wrong, on many levels.
Fester...
- Semper in Excretum, Sole Profundum Variat -

Offline FatAndy

« Reply #6197 on: April 21, 2015, 02:07:13 pm »
Yes, and how can it be right that the same CCBC council allows FREE parking all the way along the Prom at Colwyn Bay, yet mercilessly punishes drivers in Llandudno?

It costs £4.50 for 10 hours at Happy Valley and £4.50 for 6 hours on Llandudno Promenade (between May and September).  If you want to park in Colwyn Bay it's £4.50 for 4 hours on either the Princes Drive or Ivy Street car parks.  You can't pay for more than 4 hours in one go at either Princes Drive or Ivy Street so if you wanted to stay for 10 hours you'd have to buy three seperate tickets at a cost of £13.50.  It also costs £4.50 to park for 4 hours on the council car park in Towyn at present.  Presumably you'll be demanding that Conwy CBC reduces the time allowed at Happy Valley and the Prom to 4 hours in the interests of equality?
"A computer once beat me at chess, but it was no match for me at kick boxing."

Emo Philips

Offline Fester

• Ad Free Member.
  • El Baldito
« Reply #6198 on: April 21, 2015, 02:38:44 pm »
Andy, you get very defensive over what is a simple issue.

To answer your question directly, I want common sense charges, uniform charges.. or preferably none at all!
Fester...

Offline DaveR

• Administrator
« Reply #6199 on: April 21, 2015, 02:44:10 pm »
Charges are being introduced for car parking on Colwyn Bay prom. CCBC has noticed that the new beach is very popular and are determined to put a stop to it...  :laugh:

Offline DVT

• Management board member
« Reply #6200 on: April 21, 2015, 07:46:55 pm »
Mrs DVT has to take her mother to Conwy three times a week for Doctor appointments.  From today the car park charges in the Vicarage Car Park have increased dramatically.

Are the Council in league with the train and bus companies in trying to encourage more visitors to travel by public transport?

Offline Fester

• Ad Free Member.
  • El Baldito
« Reply #6201 on: April 21, 2015, 09:27:40 pm »
DVT, if I thought for one second that such a far-sighted strategy was being implemented then I might even go along with it.
BUT....along with draconian litter enforcement fines, council tax hikes etc.... we are simply being TAXED TO DEATH!!
Fester...

Offline wrex

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #6202 on: April 21, 2015, 09:53:33 pm »
We are paying for the cock ups CCBC have made ,wether here in Llandudno[maesdu bridge] and the pathetic restaurant saga on Coplwyn beach.

Offline DaveR

• Administrator
« Reply #6203 on: April 22, 2015, 08:49:57 am »
Mrs DVT has to take her mother to Conwy three times a week for Doctor appointments.  From today the car park charges in the Vicarage Car Park have increased dramatically.

Are the Council in league with the train and bus companies in trying to encourage more visitors to travel by public transport?
I have a Car Parking Permit, saves a few quid if you use council car parks on a regular basis:
http://www.conwy.gov.uk/doc.asp?cat=10598&doc=27207

Can't use it on the Prom in Llandudno though, for some reason. Apparently, paying over £2000 in Council Tax a year, plus £90 for a Parking Permit, still doesn't entitle me to pay without paying on the Prom.  &shake&

Offline born2run

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #6204 on: April 22, 2015, 09:14:45 am »

Nope, it's Multi story car parking that would be wrong on many levels  _))*

Offline Merddin Emrys

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #6205 on: April 22, 2015, 10:31:59 am »
That permit only covers one car! Shame it is not for the owner to use in any car.
A pigeon is for life not just Christmas

Offline Bri Roberts

• Management board member
« Reply #6206 on: April 22, 2015, 01:43:00 pm »
I hear builders will be starting work at Broadway Boulevard in the next couple of weeks. No word yet as to what's going in there.

I was told nightclub firm  from Manchester has bought it

Did I just see a FOR SALE sign outside where there used to be a sign showing AUCTION?

Offline wrex

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #6207 on: April 22, 2015, 03:04:50 pm »
Auction sign was high up above car park,always been a sign by door,if thats where u mean Bri

Offline DaveR

• Administrator
« Reply #6208 on: April 22, 2015, 03:35:33 pm »
That permit only covers one car! Shame it is not for the owner to use in any car.
I suppose it would be too prone to abuse if the car wasn't named, sadly.

Offline wrex

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #6209 on: April 22, 2015, 08:27:32 pm »
Reading the latest on Broadway in the pioneer isn;t good reading,it makes it sound as if this new owner would sell,god i hope they don;t put anybody off opening it as a night club again,i will give them a peoject,get the Pier pavilion re-built,the preservation society has never shown any interest in 20 years.