Author Topic: What's Llandudno Like Right Now?  (Read 2663594 times)

Offline born2run

• Ad Free Member
Re: What's Llandudno Like Right Now?
« Reply #5955 on: December 19, 2014, 02:46:01 pm »
That's a good question, and I don't mind at all that it doesn't bother you or Fester. I admire your honesty. What riles me is people who are equally not bothered but pretend and make up reasoning that it's for 'their own good' or for the greater good, and that's a politicians move!  It bothers me partly because I know people who have had addictions,mental health problems etc and they've all been fortunate enough to have a good family and friends around them, and they haven't had to end up living in a cave! they've been helped supported and got through it.
I think everyone should have that chance, I like everyone else here work and pay council tax etc I want to see some of that money out there helping those who are not fortunate enough to have friends and family that can help them, the many to protect the few. That is what I believe in.

Offline born2run

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #5956 on: December 19, 2014, 02:52:34 pm »
born2run - you know what, as I read up to the last sentence of what you just wrote I thought: 'yeah, let's just agree to disagree', which I am more than happy to do - we all have differences of opinion. But then your last sentence was thus: 'But I would have more respect for you if you stuck to your statements than try to weasel out of them.' And you know what, I object to that and I feel pressed to say so. I don't try and 'weasel' out of anything and haven't made any personal attack on anything you've said or on you personally, but you have. Maybe that's the difference between us, and we'll never rectify that by going back and forth on here. So let's just leave it and go back to talking about 'What Llandudno's like right now' for the benefit of people who come on here to read and discuss exactly that.

I'm sorry you feel like that greyhound, I have enjoyed our discussion. I promise you it wasn't a personal attack on you in any way, I don't know you personally so it would be impossible for me to do that! Doesn't change that I still think you have back tracked from your original statement and intentions though and that's all I was saying, again only my opinion. I may be wrong to think that, never have claimed I'm always right, but it's just how I see it.

Anyway as for what Llandudno is like right now, it seems that this man now has a home for Christmas and this is great news! It seemed the local community responded to the article with warmth and generosity. Unlike the majority of this forum! It's a shame that this forum doesn't reflect the local feeling, and I think that is because, as I've already said many of those with any sort of varying opinion from the 'gang' have been driven away.

Offline Greyhound

« Reply #5957 on: December 19, 2014, 02:59:31 pm »
Always an unnecessary sting in the tail...

Offline born2run

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #5958 on: December 19, 2014, 03:19:00 pm »
Do you mean the bit about people being driven away?

I find it unnecessary that every time I express an opinion I'm jumped on by about 5 or 6 people. I think it's called 'pack mentality'
As I've said, look at the article comments on things like facebook, the vast majority of public opinion clearly sides with me. This forum does not represent local opinion, and there is a reason for that.

Offline Merddin Emrys

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #5959 on: December 19, 2014, 03:26:51 pm »
I have not seen it on Facebook? Which group is that with? Probably one that has the same views as you which is fair enough, whatever interests you I suppose. The subject would never arise on the Facebook pages I look at. Re this forum, I am unaware of being part of any pack here, I just have my own views, I'm not bothered who agrees or disagrees with me! How does one join this pack of which you speak? Any links to it?  WWW
A pigeon is for life not just Christmas

Offline born2run

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #5960 on: December 19, 2014, 03:43:38 pm »
https://www.facebook.com/dailypostwales?fref=ts

The daily post page itself - the second article after he was found a new place has 1,305 likes and 74 coments

the first has about him being homeless has just 80 likes - 43 comments though.

So there you go.  80 up to 1,305 likes. And the vast majority of comments echoing similar sentiment to me.

the two top (most liked) comments for example

"Richard James All those people that have a dig, remember one thing, your never more then 3 pay slips away, from being homeless , tomorrow it could be you !!!!!! I hope Ray has more luck in 2015
Like · Reply · 71 · Yesterday at 12:35

Stephanie Vaughan Brenda the angel at Hope restored at Gloddaeth church in Llandudno has now found Ray a flat he will be moving in on Saturday thank you to the wonderful people out there who care one never knows what tomorrow brings but for Ray he will be warm for Christmas

I'll say it again, this forum does not reflect local opinion, There is a reason for that, the admins should be trying to find out why, it's not my job.

Offline Merddin Emrys

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #5961 on: December 19, 2014, 04:25:27 pm »
Quote,

"I'll say it again, this forum does not reflect local opinion, There is a reason for that, the admins should be trying to find out why, it's not my job."

Anyone is free to join and put their opinions up, I'm sure they would be welcome, the admins can't force anyone to join and post, that would be impossible!
A pigeon is for life not just Christmas

Offline Fester

• Ad Free Member.
  • El Baldito
« Reply #5962 on: December 19, 2014, 04:51:43 pm »
Born to Run.... how do you know that Forum members didn't do anything to help?
It's just possible that ''someone'' on here saw to it that this chap got housed for Christmas.

How do you know that I didn't pop down to that cave at 1.30 yesterday afternoon with a small food parcel, a £20 note and a couple of spare blankets.   (Ones I haven't needed for a couple of winters, so I won't miss them)
How do you know that my Mrs didn't get on to her friend at Social Services, and call in a favour for her to 'look again at his circumstances'
Some people do charitable acts without having to broadcast it on here, Facebook or wherever.

What have you done to help by the way?

I didn't do any of those things by the way, because I chose to ignore him......... but how do you know someone else on here didn't?   :laugh:

Fester...
- Semper in Excretum, Sole Profundum Variat -

Offline born2run

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #5963 on: December 19, 2014, 04:57:42 pm »
Fester breaking the record for contradicting himself in the quickest time possible! (next line)

"Some people do charitable acts without having to broadcast it on here, Facebook or wherever.

What have you done to help by the way?"  L0L

Answer: I don't want to broadcast it on here Fester!!! $good$

Thanks for sending me off home with a chuckle though!

Online Ian

• Administrator
« Reply #5964 on: December 19, 2014, 08:04:51 pm »
I find it unnecessary that every time I express an opinion I'm jumped on by about 5 or 6 people. I think it's called 'pack mentality'

Well, that's one opinion. The other could possibly be that what you are saying is simply wrong.  I haven't got the time, nor the inclination, to go through your various posts and list the various ways in which you contradict yourself, make spurious accusations, implications and inferences, but trust me - there's a lot of them. And if you're accusing Greyhound of trying to 'weasel out' of his original posts, then I'd invite you to re-read all your posts in this topic alone.

From my perspective, I find something puzzling. You and I probably agree more than we disagree, but my issue is never with your sentiments, but about the ways in which you express them. It saddens me when folk can't discuss things dispassionately, from a disinterested perspective and have to resort to personal abuse. Your enthusiasm for and interest in the vulnerable and disadvantaged is admirable, but I think it sometimes blinds you to the validity of others' comments.

The Ts and Cs to which you agreed when you signed up are as follows:

"You agree, through your use of this forum, that you will not post any material which is false,  inaccurate, abusive,  etc.,".

Have a pleasant family Xmas with the new arrival and come back ready to join in all the discussions with your usual ardour.

VV VV VV VV
Nothing is so firmly believed as that which we least know.  ― Michel de Montaigne

Si hoc legere scis, nimis eruditionis habes.

Offline wrex

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #5965 on: December 21, 2014, 10:33:49 am »
It was nice to see town rammed last night just like it used to be,we may never go back to those days again unless somebody invests in a nite spot,but hey ho,lifes a bitch

Offline Dave

« Reply #5966 on: December 21, 2014, 01:43:08 pm »
It was nice to see town rammed last night
They must have escaped from the Gt Orme !

Offline wrex

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #5967 on: December 21, 2014, 03:02:58 pm »
Goats or the Ormites

Offline norman08

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #5968 on: December 21, 2014, 06:30:24 pm »
Anyone know what,s happened at the HSBC bank .

Offline TheMedz

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #5969 on: December 21, 2014, 07:39:30 pm »
One policeman stood guard on the smashed door as I drove past at 8:30 am this morning.  Driving past again at 9:45 two policemen being let into the bank by a bank employee. Door covered in blue and yellow tape. Didn't seem to be any massive reaction for employee or police.