Author Topic: What's Llandudno Like Right Now?  (Read 2615929 times)

Offline DaveR

• Administrator
Re: What's Llandudno Like Right Now?
« Reply #345 on: December 02, 2010, 04:32:19 pm »
Fester encouraged me to give Wetherspoons food another try, so we popped in this afternoon. Within 5 mins of entering, a fight broke out amongst 2 'regulars' that resulted in police and paramedics being called. Burger was good, though...

Offline Merddin Emrys

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #346 on: December 02, 2010, 04:44:43 pm »
Fester encouraged me to give Wetherspoons food another try, so we popped in this afternoon. Within 5 mins of entering, a fight broke out amongst 2 'regulars' that resulted in police and paramedics being called. Burger was good, though...

We've never seen 'entertainment' in there and 6 of us are going there next week for a xmas dinner, we've always liked the food there, for my simple tastes its very good for the price  D)
A pigeon is for life not just Christmas

Offline Fester

• Ad Free Member.
  • El Baldito
« Reply #347 on: December 02, 2010, 05:30:38 pm »

The Burger was better than the fight... and lasted much longer.
Apart from the good value food, you have to admit it was a hell of a good shot with that crutch!   WWW WWW

Merddin, I am looking forward to my £7.99 Xmas Dinner in there, one day next week .. with or without the floor show!
Fester...
- Semper in Excretum, Sole Profundum Variat -

Offline DaveR

• Administrator
« Reply #348 on: December 02, 2010, 05:44:10 pm »
My wife and I went up to Grandpa's grave on the Orme and there were some lovely icicle formations around Marine Drive.
These were on the Marine Drive today:

Icicles by SnakeCorp, on Flickr

Yorkie

« Reply #349 on: December 02, 2010, 05:49:56 pm »
Lot better than my shots which were not good enough to post!   ZXZ

Offline Merddin Emrys

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #350 on: December 02, 2010, 06:38:34 pm »
The Burger was better than the fight... and lasted much longer.
Apart from the good value food, you have to admit it was a hell of a good shot with that crutch!   WWW WWW

Merddin, I am looking forward to my £7.99 Xmas Dinner in there, one day next week .. with or without the floor show!

L0L we're in there next Wednesday at lunchtime, looking forward to it, do I need to book the floor show? L0L
A pigeon is for life not just Christmas

Offline Jas

« Reply #351 on: December 03, 2010, 12:02:44 pm »
snakecorp, I liked that photo of the icicles. I would love to send a copy to my friends in Aus & tell them, this is my shower now. lol. I am able to download it from here??

Offline DaveR

• Administrator
« Reply #352 on: December 03, 2010, 01:47:12 pm »
snakecorp, I liked that photo of the icicles. I would love to send a copy to my friends in Aus & tell them, this is my shower now. lol. I am able to download it from here??
Yes, just right-click on the photo, then a little menu should pop up with an option to 'save image as' or similar. Save it to your hard drive and then attach it to your email to send.

Offline Fester

• Ad Free Member.
  • El Baldito
« Reply #353 on: December 03, 2010, 05:33:49 pm »
I am absolutely gutted.... I have just arrived home, to find all the doors are open, and everything has gone.... ransacked,...totally empty.

Thats Christmas RUINED.!!!  ¢¢##

What sort of person would do this to someones Advent Calendar????  VV

Fester...

Offline TheMedz

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #354 on: December 03, 2010, 07:31:09 pm »
Does anyone know why the police were seemingly randomly pulling over town bound cars near the Links Hotel this afternoon? On a similar note I was travelling back from Manchester along the A55 near St Asaph this afternoon I was passed at speed by about 6 police outrider bikes (Blue lights  flashing) followed by an unmarked  Volvo Estate and A Police Car (blue lights again) and then 3 further blue lights police bikes. My immediate thought was William on the way back from the world cup draw but instead of continuing onto Anglesey they all went off at the St Asaph slip road. Any suggestions?

Offline DaveR

• Administrator
« Reply #355 on: December 03, 2010, 07:39:13 pm »
As regards the second point, North Wales Police do a lot of police driver training, it could have been something to do with that.

Offline Fester

• Ad Free Member.
  • El Baldito
« Reply #356 on: December 03, 2010, 07:42:18 pm »
Sounds to me like a VERY important person..... (in the Volvo) .... either Wills or Oscar?

Might have needed to go for a pee at St Asaph?   Or a Big Mac and regular fries?

Fester...

Offline DaveR

• Administrator
« Reply #357 on: December 03, 2010, 07:48:55 pm »
Sounds to me like a VERY important person..... (in the Volvo) .... either Wills or Oscar?
Oscar, indeed!  _))* _))* _))*

There was a lot of police activity outside the Orient Express cafe this afternoon.  An umarked police Focus went racing up Mostyn Street with lights flashing, followed closely by a police van. Went I went past about 30 mins later, there was still a police patrol car parked outside in the bus stop.

Yorkie

« Reply #358 on: December 03, 2010, 08:00:26 pm »
Does anyone know why the police were seemingly randomly pulling over town bound cars near the Links Hotel this afternoon?

Apparently they were stopping cars with snow on the roof - issuing £60 fixed penalty notices - something about it being dangerous if it all flew off over windscreens, following cars etc.

Linda Groom put warning on facebook last night.
"For everyone who drives, if you don't already know, As of tomorrow the
Police will be pulling over anyone driving around with snow on the roof
of their car and will automatically be issued with a £60 fixed penalty
and 3 points on your licence!!! please repost this on your pages"
« Last Edit: December 03, 2010, 08:02:30 pm by Yorkie »

Yorkie

« Reply #359 on: December 03, 2010, 08:06:09 pm »
The part of the RTA that applies:

s3 Road Traffic Act 1988 (as amended):- "Careless, and inconsiderate, driving. If a person drives a mechanically propelled vehicle on a road or other public place without due care and attention, or without reasonable consideration for other persons using the road or place, he is guilty of an offence."

Never heard of it before in all my years, and that's quite a few!   ¢¢##