Author Topic: What's Llandudno Like Right Now?  (Read 2663505 times)

Offline Bri Roberts

• Management board member
Re: What's Llandudno Like Right Now?
« Reply #5265 on: June 08, 2014, 05:59:59 pm »
Yorkie, it is no different here in Craig-y-Don with the Community Centre.

There are no toilets any longer in the park across the road but the general public are not allowed to use the toilet facilities inside the Community Centre or park a car in their car park.

Offline Yorkie

« Reply #5266 on: June 08, 2014, 07:16:22 pm »

There are no toilets any longer in the park across the road but the general public are not allowed to use the toilet facilities inside the Community Centre or park a car in their car park.

Perhaps something that could be taken up with Councillor Christine Rees Jones who was a priime mover in getting the Grant for the improvements?    ZXZ
Wise men have something to say.
Fools have to say something.
Cicero

Offline Bri Roberts

« Reply #5267 on: June 08, 2014, 08:53:29 pm »
Except CR Jones is no longer Cllr CR Jones.

Are you beginning to lose it, Yorkie?  :o

Offline Yorkie

« Reply #5268 on: June 08, 2014, 09:06:47 pm »
Except CR Jones is no longer Cllr CR Jones.

Are you beginning to lose it, Yorkie?  :o

Long time since I left the Council and just not up to date.  Must ask Tessa for an up to date list, or have a look at the web site, if it is operational!   :D
Wise men have something to say.
Fools have to say something.
Cicero

Offline DaveR

• Administrator
« Reply #5269 on: June 09, 2014, 09:04:03 am »
I noticed over the weekend that the large rectangular flower beds on either side of the Cenotaph have been filled with perennials - no more colourful displays on the Prom for our visitors!  &shake&

Offline Bri Roberts

« Reply #5270 on: June 09, 2014, 09:06:22 am »
Long time since I left the Council and just not up to date.  Must ask Tessa for an up to date list, or have a look at the web site, if it is operational!   :D

When you do, Yorkie, I suggest you remind her to change the names of the town mayor and deputy mayor on their website.

Do you know Llandudno Town Council donates £500 or £600 to premises that allow the general public to use their toilet facilities?

I cannot understand why a publically-funded community centre is allowed to restrict the use of its toilet facilities to patrons only and bar the general public from using them.  &shake&

Offline norman08

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #5271 on: June 09, 2014, 09:39:55 am »
talking about toilets and the council paying different places to let the public use i went to use them in the town hall ,yes they were locked ,iv,e just found that the merion hotel is in the scheme bet nobody knows that .

Offline Ian

• Administrator
« Reply #5272 on: June 09, 2014, 10:00:33 am »
v,e just found that the merion hotel is in the scheme bet nobody knows that

That's the big problem.  The Vic centre loos are free to use by the public, but the notice saying that is fastened to the toilet doors, first floor, inside the centre. By the time you've made that journey, you're about the use the toilets, anyway, so a notice telling you that you can is ludicrous. The council ought to have ensured that places which are part of the scheme display notices outside their premises.

>?>??
Nothing is so firmly believed as that which we least know.  ― Michel de Montaigne

Si hoc legere scis, nimis eruditionis habes.

Offline Bri Roberts

« Reply #5273 on: June 09, 2014, 10:58:22 am »
How many council tax payers are aware that Llandudno Pier receives two sets of payments because they have two sets of toilet facilites?

I can understand places like the Meirrion Hotel and Tribells receiving £600 because they have customer toilets for customers but places like the Pier (2) and the Victorial Centre !!

M&S have toilets for customers but I do not see them claiming £600.

If every business in Llandudno with toilets claimed £600, there would be no money left for the annual Xmas decorations.

Offline born2run

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #5274 on: June 09, 2014, 11:00:43 am »
Walked along Bryniau rd this morning then across the oval,all i can say it looked disgracefull.Bryniau rd verges must be over a foot long and the oval just uncut,biggest mistake letting the cricket club cut their own grass because CCBC never turn up now.CCBC have decided to stuff looking after gardens and beach which is what Llandudno needs to look aDECENT tourism destination so all that rubbish from the lady in the protest meeting telling us tourism is important toCCBC WAS A LIE.

That's interesting because I go to the conwy cricket park often and the CCBC tractor is there almost everyday cutting the grass

Offline norman08

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #5275 on: June 09, 2014, 11:41:38 am »
where is the conwy cricket park born to run .

Offline born2run

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #5276 on: June 09, 2014, 12:22:53 pm »

Who owns the lawn grass there? Is it privately owned by the 'croquet' club or is it public land?
Same question if anyone knows with the lawn on West Shore where they put the crazy golf.
If they're both privately owned then there isn't a decent bit of grass in Llandudno that I can think off that is for public use

Offline born2run

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #5277 on: June 09, 2014, 12:25:16 pm »
where is the conwy cricket park born to run .

Bodlonded field, the Grass up there is very nice and well cut. There is only a small section roped off that the public can't use and I think that's going back to the damage done a while ago with that music festival

Offline Bri Roberts

« Reply #5278 on: June 09, 2014, 01:28:42 pm »
Who owns the lawn grass there? Is it privately owned by the 'croquet' club or is it public land?

The lawn grass in the park is cut by Conwy County Borough Council.

The croquet club next to the community centre are using the bowling green that is owned by Conwy County Borough Council.

Offline born2run

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #5279 on: June 09, 2014, 02:50:40 pm »
So is the green only for the croquet club or can anyone use it?