Author Topic: What's Llandudno Like Right Now?  (Read 2650885 times)

Yorkie

Re: What's Llandudno Like Right Now?
« Reply #285 on: November 22, 2010, 09:04:56 pm »
Civic Council - The Past President and founder of this sham organisation was Dr Craig Cameron who passed away earlier this year.

The current Chairman is ex-Councillor Alan Guinn ably assisted by ex-Councillor Roy Gambrill plus a supporting cast made up of people from the town.  The term 'supporting cast' is rather appropriate as the whole group is rather akin to a Pantomime.     _))*

Offline DaveR

• Administrator
« Reply #286 on: November 22, 2010, 09:18:46 pm »
The current Chairman is ex-Councillor Alan Guinn ably assisted by ex-Councillor Roy Gambrill plus a supporting cast made up of people from the town.
Ah. The same Alan Guinn who is organising the 'Friends of the Happy Valley' group? I think it must be over a year now that I've been waiting to hear about this Group and what it's going to do....

Offline Blongb

• Management board member
  • I love living in Llandudno.
« Reply #287 on: November 22, 2010, 09:33:08 pm »
An old saying comes to mind. Who will watch the watchers?  $wales They are self appointed, non elected, non effective and undemocratic.  $uk If you want to have a pop at the Council for being ineffectual / inefficient etc. there are plenty of other ways of doing it without becoming yet another hot air factory. $eu
Quot homines tot sententiae: suus cuique mos.
(There are as many opinions as there are people: each has his own view.)

Yorkie

« Reply #288 on: November 22, 2010, 09:54:14 pm »
The main production centre of hot air is located on the first floor of the Town Hall in Lloyd Street, Llandudno.   Unfortunately output is never at maximum capacity due to non performance, or non attendance, of many of the production vessels.  However, sufficient appears to be emanating to confuse the uninitiated public before it disappears from the building into the ether apparently without purpose or effect.   Or maybe it does make a minor contribution to the increase in greenhouse gases!    ZXZ

Offline Nemesis

« Reply #289 on: November 23, 2010, 08:28:32 am »
The pedicure is done by little fish nibbling at your feet!!  ???
Hmmmm...something like this....

My daughter booked for this treatment but it was cancelled as all the fish had died !
Mad, Bad and Dangerous to know.

Offline suepp

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #290 on: November 23, 2010, 09:53:44 am »
wasn't me honest!

If you are interested in Birdwatching Waxwings are  causing excitement amongst the twitchers in B&Q car park and Craig-y-Don Park!http://www.northwalesbirding.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=4606&start=15

Offline Hugo

« Reply #291 on: November 23, 2010, 02:58:53 pm »
My friend was telling me the other week that there is a spot in Ruthin where you often get the Waxwings.  We passed it on the way to a walk in Llangollen and it is near to a roundabout on the industrial estate.
Apparently it is the number of Rowan trees there that are attracting the birds

Offline suepp

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #292 on: November 23, 2010, 03:18:45 pm »
Yes they have been seen in abundance down there, haven't seen them myself but yesterday there were watchers with zoom lenses and tripods all set up! I think the spot is at the far end near the garden centre

Offline Jas

« Reply #293 on: November 23, 2010, 04:05:38 pm »
Hi Hugo, Just letting you know I am back in Llandudno. Trying to work my way thru this new format, so different since I was in Aus  :)

Offline Hugo

« Reply #294 on: November 23, 2010, 04:28:58 pm »
Hi Jas, good to know that you're back on the scene, hope you are settling in to your new home and that you've brought your Winter woolies with you for the months that lie ahead.

Offline DaveR

• Administrator
« Reply #295 on: November 23, 2010, 06:43:43 pm »
Trying to work my way thru this new format, so different since I was in Aus  :)
I bet the weather is, too!  :o

Welcome back.

Offline DaveR

• Administrator
« Reply #296 on: November 23, 2010, 06:44:56 pm »
Something seem to have gone a bit wrong with the KFC refurbishment, as it has reopened but the only furniture they have are some old patio type tables and chairs scattered around.  :o

Offline Fester

• Ad Free Member.
  • El Baldito
« Reply #297 on: November 25, 2010, 05:58:33 pm »
A bit of good news....
Just driven along the prom, and the town looks beautiful...BECAUSE.

1,The Pier Head is beautifully lit.
2,The light in Happy Valley Rd which shines on the Gt Orme is on,and looks great...

and...
3, The light on Ty Gwyn Rd, is actually shining again...(the other one which illuminates the Orme)  ... but that one is so dim that you can only see it by the time you reach North Parade...

Must be the pressure that DaveR applied to the Town Clerk !   Y^^Y &well&
Fester...
- Semper in Excretum, Sole Profundum Variat -

Offline DaveR

• Administrator
« Reply #298 on: November 25, 2010, 06:17:13 pm »
...and the 'Welcome to Llandudno' sign in Penrhyn Bay is lit up as well! Good stuff!  ;D

Offline Pendragon

• Ad Free Member.
« Reply #299 on: November 25, 2010, 06:26:18 pm »
Must be the pressure that DaveR applied to the Town Clerk !   Y^^Y &well&
It just goes to show a difference can be made through this forum. Its not all just coincidence,    )*)&
Only hindsight has 20/20 vision
Angiegram - A romantic notion derived from the more mundane truth.

Truth is, everybody is going to hurt you; you just gotta find the ones worth suffering for." -Bob Marley