Author Topic: What's Llandudno Like Right Now?  (Read 2643776 times)

Offline DaveR

• Administrator
Re: What's Llandudno Like Right Now?
« Reply #255 on: November 16, 2010, 06:08:59 pm »
Madoc Street is already closed for the setting up of the Celtic Winter Fayre. Should be a good event, I'll pop down to do some photos tomorrow afternoon.  :)

Offline Michael

• Ad Free Member
Re: Lost Black Labrador Collie Cross
« Reply #256 on: November 17, 2010, 08:41:50 pm »
I'm not sure about the phone number, I threw the poster away. But the dogs names are not the same, I think the one I was asked about was called Peggy or something similar  Mike

Offline DaveR

• Administrator
« Reply #257 on: November 18, 2010, 05:56:08 pm »
Celtic Fayre is well underway, quite a few about even though the weather hasn't been too good so far. Trees along Madoc Street are all strung with blue lights and look pretty good. Naturally, the Town Council haven't bothered to switch their Christmas lights on.

Offline TheMedz

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #258 on: November 18, 2010, 06:29:28 pm »
We had a walk around early this afternoon and there was a really nice feel to the whole thing. Some of the tents were really packed but surprisingly the food demonstration tent was almost empty. Still that did mean I could  go back and get a second helping of the wonderful seafood chowder that was being demonstrated.

Offline Nemesis

• Management board member
« Reply #259 on: November 18, 2010, 08:47:18 pm »
The place was packed when I passed through today early on then my OH and I went down at lunch time and it was very busy in the tents.
Mad, Bad and Dangerous to know.

Offline Fester

• Ad Free Member.
  • El Baldito
« Reply #260 on: November 19, 2010, 12:16:43 am »
Yep, we had a wander around at around 3pm,  quite busy ... and weather was so much better than last year.

I was impressed by the diversity of merchandise this year.... very few cross-overs, and good quality too ... prices of food getting steep though.

Fester...
- Semper in Excretum, Sole Profundum Variat -

Offline Nemesis

« Reply #261 on: November 19, 2010, 08:49:01 am »
No cake stands on sale I take it ? :(

Offline suepp

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #262 on: November 19, 2010, 09:21:53 am »
I'm looking forward to going today and also a stroll round town!

Offline Nemesis

« Reply #263 on: November 19, 2010, 11:26:29 am »
Didn't believe my eyes about an hour ago.
I was parking my car in the Summit Car Park on the Orme when I saw a traffic warden up there issuing a parking ticket ! >>>
There were only 4 cars there including mine, so he couldn't have made much of a killing.

Yorkie

« Reply #264 on: November 19, 2010, 02:37:40 pm »
If he gets 25% in every car park the Council will be quids in!               ZXZ

Offline DaveR

• Administrator
« Reply #265 on: November 20, 2010, 08:26:58 pm »
Whilst wandering about in the gloom on the Orme last night taking photos, I noticed that the floodlighting on the Little Orme wasn't working. Then I noticed that the Great Orme floodlighting in the old quarry on Ty Gwyn road wasn't working either. Later on, when passing the top of Penrhyn Hill, I noticed that the 'Welcome To Llandudno' sign wasn't on either!

Not very impressive.  :(

It's true! by SnakeCorp, on Flickr

Offline wrex

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #266 on: November 20, 2010, 08:50:07 pm »
    :(  I hope dave that your not suprised,this is the buisiest xmas shopping weekend with the celtic fair being on and our council cannot bring themselves too put any of the town lights on,they really are not interested in helping anyone who is bringing people into Llandudno. :rage:

Yorkie

« Reply #267 on: November 20, 2010, 09:03:28 pm »
As some people may know, there is also an organisation (if one can use such a word) called The Llandudno Civic Council who claim that their main purpose is to monitor the efforts of the Conwy County Council and the Llandudno Town Council and to keep a watching brief on what they do and also their expenditure.

Whatever they are doing they must be doing it in total secrecy, as I have not seen sight or sound of any results of their efforts or any positive action in "monitoring" the two Councils, offering any suggestions, or even publishing any details of their deliberations or meetings.  I am sure local Blogs and Forums would give them houseroom if they were interested in keeping the public informed.  I, for one, would like to know what they are doing, if anything!   >>>

Offline Nemesis

« Reply #268 on: November 21, 2010, 11:33:23 am »
    :(  I hope dave that your not suprised,this is the buisiest xmas shopping weekend with the celtic fair being on and our council cannot bring themselves too put any of the town lights on,they really are not interested in helping anyone who is bringing people into Llandudno. :rage:

mmm The Celtic Fayre. I happened to be working there yesterday afternoon, in one of the huts. All afternoon some officious bod kept coming round asking if we had heaters on ( not allowed). If he'd seen the state of our fingers and toes he needn't have asked. Fair enough the generators would probably have exploded if eveyone had had one, BUT-- all afternoon the lights kept failing and we were plunged into gloom. Try helping people in and out of those huts and trying to decipher pound coins from 10 pences in the gloom. Not easy, as the afternoon progressed I had to ring my OH to bring a torch, just so that people could chose their Christmas Cards.
Another point-- there were no toilets provided so people were directed to Tribels, bet they were busy !
Ah well at least we raised plenty of money for the charity---  will still be there today-- not manned by myself, but come and buy if you need Christmas Cards.

Offline Pendragon

• Ad Free Member.
« Reply #269 on: November 21, 2010, 01:02:59 pm »
I had a quick gander round the fair this morning. Some lovely stalls there. Had to open up at 11am so didn't get much time. Everyone had raved about the Buffalo Burgers and steaks, so I bought some for tea tomorrow, can't wait to see the boy's face when he's presented with Buffalo.
Only hindsight has 20/20 vision
Angiegram - A romantic notion derived from the more mundane truth.

Truth is, everybody is going to hurt you; you just gotta find the ones worth suffering for." -Bob Marley