Author Topic: What's Llandudno Like Right Now?  (Read 2664480 times)

Offline Blongb

• Management board member
  • I love living in Llandudno.
Re: What's Llandudno Like Right Now?
« Reply #4335 on: October 03, 2013, 08:38:05 pm »
I made no suggestion of racism in Llandudno, I've lived in the town for 37 years and I know that racism is virtually non-existent.

If you're wondering why I brought up the proposed EDL march, and anti-Muslim racism, I'm a little amazed that people can consider graffiti to be a problem and a potential EDL march to be unimportant.  (I'm sorry if I've got the wrong end of the stick I'm a little confused about what you're actually trying to say with this this sentence "Maybe thats because no one commented that the EDL visit was unimportant in the general scheme of things." )

I'm really sorry if I've misread things but I only had the evidence of this message board's contents to go on. I looked through all the likely topics on this forum from the time of the "protest" announcement until the time of its cancellation for evidence of condemnation of the EDL march. I hoped that I'd find something along the lines of  "A daytrip for racist thugs that has no place in society, never mind Llandudno" but alas I didn't. There are instant condemnations of graffiti however.

Weird, no.

Just because you saw nothing in print on the Forum doesn’t mean its members were apathetic to the proposed EDL visit, I along with a great many others was totally opposed to them using our town as a platform for their racist filth and choose to object in a far more effective manner.
As to the graffiti incident, the guy responsible has apologised and said he made a mistake and will clean it up. Good for him, I’m pleased he has seen the error of his action. Now let’s see how long it takes for him to live up to his words
Quot homines tot sententiae: suus cuique mos.
(There are as many opinions as there are people: each has his own view.)

Offline Kowalski

« Reply #4336 on: October 03, 2013, 08:43:01 pm »
In the thread quoted by Dave there's seems to be a total of three comments against The EDL's protest, the comment that was quoted, a post from Big Alan and another comment;

"Frankly, I don't want either group in Llandudno, disrupting trade in the town."

That's the extent of the condemnation. Where's the "I don't want to see fascists in Llandudno" or "I don't want to see racists on the streets of Llandudno."?

If people cared about Llandudno there should have been posts condemning the EDL's "protest". There weren't, not even in the thread called "Scum".

Offline DaveR

• Administrator
« Reply #4337 on: October 03, 2013, 08:45:24 pm »
Yeah but where the posts on here condemning the EDL's "protest".

In the thread quoted there's seems to be a total of three comments against The EDL's protest, the comment that was quoted, a post from Big Alan and another comment;

"Frankly, I don't want either group in Llandudno, disrupting trade in the town."

That's the extent of the condemnation. Where's the "I don't want to see fascists in Llandudno" or "I don't want to see racists on the streets of Llandudno."?
Well, you were a Member of the Forum at the time - so I guess the question that needs to be asked is....where was YOUR  comment condemning it?  ?{}?

Offline Kowalski

« Reply #4338 on: October 03, 2013, 08:50:44 pm »
The "protest" was mentioned without my help.

Why didn't you include the EDL protest in your "Scum" thread? After all the EDL fits the name of the thread perfectly.

Offline DaveR

• Administrator
« Reply #4339 on: October 03, 2013, 09:06:07 pm »
The "protest" was mentioned without my help.
I guess all the other Forum members who didn't comment felt the same as you then?

Quote from: Kowalski
Why didn't you include the EDL protest in your "Scum" thread? After all the EDL fits the name of the thread perfectly.
Again, there was nothing to stop you posting on the matter in the 'Scum' or any other thread. As you hold such strong opinions, I'm amazed that you didn't bother to make any comment.

Offline Merddin Emrys

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #4340 on: October 03, 2013, 09:33:57 pm »
I'm suspecting that Kowalski seems to be a communist of some sort?  The story about the EDL has no connection whatsoever with the Marine Drive graffiti, why the obsession with a protest that didn't happen?
A pigeon is for life not just Christmas

Offline Kowalski

« Reply #4341 on: October 03, 2013, 09:45:59 pm »
You'll have to excuse me I assumed that if I linked two ideas people would be able to clearly see the implication that I was trying to make.

God forbid, a Communist in the Queen of Welsh Resorts!!!! A putrid worm in the core of the family resort of Llandudno!!!! Quick call Eugene McCarthy and the Daily Mail.

Having lived in Llandudno for 37 years I thought I knew all that I possibly could know about "my" small town, turn's out Llandudno ain't "my" small town anymore.

I think this is what they used to call a Naked Lunch moment..................What the hell am I doing here?

Offline Yorkie

« Reply #4342 on: October 03, 2013, 09:49:20 pm »
Get the Hell out of the place then!   :D
Wise men have something to say.
Fools have to say something.
Cicero

Offline snowcap

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #4343 on: October 03, 2013, 09:55:04 pm »
Resa_Malin, missed your post yesterday, but having read it today thought came to me why don't you get the trouser press off ME to help with your more pressing cases

Offline Merddin Emrys

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #4344 on: October 04, 2013, 06:40:25 am »
 L0L

Offline Ian

• Administrator
« Reply #4345 on: October 04, 2013, 09:09:51 am »
As to the graffiti incident, the guy responsible has apologised and said he made a mistake and will clean it up. Good for him, I’m pleased he has seen the error of his action

Ah, so you think he apologised?  But his username says a lot about his attitude, he used a fake  email address and may well have used someone else's computer to post. He admitted to a crime, and we have his IP address in the log, but if he used someone else's computer, then it would make it harder to identify him, should the need arise.

Nothing is so firmly believed as that which we least know.  ― Michel de Montaigne

Si hoc legere scis, nimis eruditionis habes.

Offline Ian

• Administrator
« Reply #4346 on: October 04, 2013, 09:11:06 am »
You'll have to excuse me I assumed that if I linked two ideas people would be able to clearly see the implication that I was trying to make.

But you didn't link two ideas, you conflated them.
Nothing is so firmly believed as that which we least know.  ― Michel de Montaigne

Si hoc legere scis, nimis eruditionis habes.

Offline wrex

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #4347 on: October 04, 2013, 09:34:31 am »
Where are the rally fans going to spray their messages of support.

Offline DaveR

• Administrator
« Reply #4348 on: October 04, 2013, 09:37:36 am »
Kowalski said it was ok to use the side of his house as he didn't think graffiti was a big deal....  $good$  :laugh:

Offline Merddin Emrys

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #4349 on: October 04, 2013, 09:51:55 am »
Kowalski said it was ok to use the side of his house as he didn't think graffiti was a big deal....  $good$  :laugh:

$good$ make sure to use RED paint!   :laugh: