Author Topic: What's Llandudno Like Right Now?  (Read 2664268 times)

Offline Fester

• Ad Free Member.
  • El Baldito
Re: What's Llandudno Like Right Now?
« Reply #4035 on: July 28, 2013, 07:29:28 pm »
If it hadn't been for the hoteliers the dreaded demo would have gone ahead. I should think the police, council and Mostyns finally got sick of the dozens of E- Mails which were thrown at them.

Engage brain------

Nem, no disrespect, but I think you will find that the EDL/NWA Demo was snuffed out by other means, far removed from Llandudno Hoteliers.   ;) ;)
Fester...
- Semper in Excretum, Sole Profundum Variat -

Offline wrex

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #4036 on: July 28, 2013, 08:14:46 pm »
Althought ive made stupid comments i have to stand by what i see when i walk past the little bit of beach we have and it is always a mess,no pride,no commitment ,there will have been 30 councillors and guests stood within 20 feet of that beach this morning and i bet not one of them even thinks theres a problem,let alone thinking of doing anythink about it,just leave it as it is.

Offline norman08

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #4037 on: July 28, 2013, 08:50:45 pm »
just a shame them seagulls didn,t sh?? on them councilers as they all rushed to the hotel  for the free nosh well us taxpayers pay. _))*

Offline wrex

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #4038 on: July 28, 2013, 09:16:59 pm »
Norm,if they actually stood up and showed us they really cared about issues,then they are due their only freebie,but not one seems to be going to the press and fighting for anything,we see the issues on here ,they must have a look,but no,most are there for their party or self esteem and it stinks.

Offline Nemesis

• Management board member
« Reply #4039 on: July 29, 2013, 08:33:47 am »
If it hadn't been for the hoteliers the dreaded demo would have gone ahead. I should think the police, council and Mostyns finally got sick of the dozens of E- Mails which were thrown at them.

Engage brain------

Nem, no disrespect, but I think you will find that the EDL/NWA Demo was snuffed out by other means, far removed from Llandudno Hoteliers.   ;) ;)

You stick to your opinion-- I'll stick to mine. !! :twoface:
Mad, Bad and Dangerous to know.

Offline Fester

• Ad Free Member.
  • El Baldito
« Reply #4040 on: July 29, 2013, 09:24:30 pm »
Yeah, I think on this occasion, I'd rather stick with the facts.  Z**
Fester...
- Semper in Excretum, Sole Profundum Variat -

Offline Blongb

• I love living in Llandudno.
« Reply #4041 on: July 31, 2013, 07:31:35 pm »
We the electorate put 22 Tory councillors onto the county council at the last election. Trouble was although they were the largest single group all the other parties formed a coalition against them and as in any democracy, apart from Egypt, when you are in the majority you can prevent that group from doing what needs to be done.  $walesflag$ Long live local democracy
Quot homines tot sententiae: suus cuique mos.
(There are as many opinions as there are people: each has his own view.)

Offline wrex

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #4042 on: August 03, 2013, 08:09:14 am »
DaveR must be on holiday or he is busy finding out who is the new tennant for the Tudno Castle or is he the new vice on the hospitality assoc,where ever he is this is all good news.

Offline Hugo

« Reply #4043 on: August 03, 2013, 10:24:53 am »
I bet he's enjoying a nice stay in some lovely hotel or having a delicious breakfast somewhere, all in the name of research of course.    It's a hard job but someone has to do it.        $good$    Z** 

Offline Cambrian

• Genealogy & Research team
« Reply #4044 on: August 03, 2013, 02:08:56 pm »
Re the Conwy Council, aren't there 59 clls.  So if 37 don't agree with 22, why is that not democratic ?

Offline DaveR

• Administrator
« Reply #4045 on: August 03, 2013, 08:13:04 pm »
I'm glad I have been missed! I'm currently staying in the exotic locale of Denbigh but will be back on Monday.

Offline Blongb

• I love living in Llandudno.
« Reply #4046 on: August 03, 2013, 08:59:35 pm »
Re the Conwy Council, aren't there 59 clls.  So if 37 don't agree with 22, why is that not democratic ?

Well spotted Cambrian I got my Knickers in a twist and was referring to the Council make-up before the last election's. largest grouping now are the Independents, which is very democratic.  $good$
Quot homines tot sententiae: suus cuique mos.
(There are as many opinions as there are people: each has his own view.)

Offline Bellringer

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #4047 on: August 07, 2013, 07:01:37 pm »
Likely to be busy and possibly a bit congested at times tomorrow in and around Holy Trinity Church. The car park will be closed to the general public until later in the afternoon because of a military funeral at 1.45pm.

Offline Big Alan

• Scouse not English
« Reply #4048 on: August 14, 2013, 12:55:45 pm »
Me and Paula hoping to come to Llandudno tomorrow until Sunday but struggling to find somewhere on the Internet. Any ideas folks? We are a nice couple, honest! ZXZ
Justice for the 96

Offline FatAndy

« Reply #4049 on: August 14, 2013, 04:00:35 pm »
Me and Paula hoping to come to Llandudno tomorrow until Sunday but struggling to find somewhere on the Internet. Any ideas folks? We are a nice couple, honest! ZXZ

The Kendrick has a couple of rooms spare - http://www.thekendrick.com/

No idea what it's like and it's a bit out of the way but it's got reasonable reviews on TripAdvisor.

"A computer once beat me at chess, but it was no match for me at kick boxing."

Emo Philips