Author Topic: What's Llandudno Like Right Now?  (Read 2616519 times)

Offline Michael

• Ad Free Member
Re: Lost Black Labrador Collie Cross
« Reply #240 on: November 14, 2010, 06:09:37 pm »
It appears you live in a bad area for lost dogs!!  Only a few weeks ago a lady who lives further along Tyn y Coed lost a border collie cross. She asked me about it and, as it happens, I had seen this dog around five or six hours before. I told her but obviously I didnt know where it had gone. The next day she came back to me, "I've found the dog. I asked a cafe owner on the pier, he said he had seen a similar dog around the Carlton the previous night, and then I found the owners of the shop which used to be Wollies had kept him/her overnight, so Ive got her back. Here---theres the poster of her as a missing dog with phone number etc. You can keep it in case she goes missing in the future."   If I had been her I would take better care of my dog in the future rather than giving out posters!!! Mike

Offline TheMedz

• Ad Free Member
Re: Lost Black Labrador Collie Cross
« Reply #241 on: November 14, 2010, 06:22:59 pm »
is it the same phone number Mike?

Offline wrex

• Ad Free Member
Re: What's Llandudno Like Right Now?
« Reply #242 on: November 14, 2010, 06:45:32 pm »
   ;)Nearly 4 thousand people in Venue Cymru last night, 15 hundred watching Rod Gilbert and up to two thousand five hundred watching Motorhead,now that is what the town needs people coming into town and many staying over night,unfortunatly this does not happen very often,hence the Venue management are failing all Llandudno buisnesses. ¢¢##

Offline Paddy

« Reply #243 on: November 14, 2010, 06:50:08 pm »
It was great to see the town so busy Wrex, and a very welcome extra 4,000 customers for us cabbies!

Offline wrex

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #244 on: November 14, 2010, 07:00:17 pm »
 :)  It certainly was nice Paddy but like i say you cabbies and bar owners, hoteliers,cafes are being let down by the lack of gigs in thr Arena and nobody seems to give a hoot just leave the management to fail the town. :P

Offline DaveR

• Administrator
« Reply #245 on: November 14, 2010, 07:21:10 pm »
It would be great to have the theatre and arena in use all the time Wrex, but its important to remember that the management don't book the acts, independent promoters do.

Offline Paddy

« Reply #246 on: November 14, 2010, 07:57:43 pm »
As a matter of interest, does anyone know how much it would cost to hire the theatre or arena?

Offline DaveR

• Administrator
« Reply #247 on: November 14, 2010, 08:11:40 pm »
As a matter of interest, does anyone know how much it would cost to hire the theatre or arena?
The Arena would cost you about £4,500 for the night.

Offline Ian

• Administrator
« Reply #248 on: November 14, 2010, 08:24:47 pm »
its important to remember that the management don't book the acts, independent promoters do.

Being a promoter is a full time job, but it can be done by anyone who's sufficiently determined and has a good, logistical mind. But it's very stressful and extremely hard work.
Nothing is so firmly believed as that which we least know.  ― Michel de Montaigne

Si hoc legere scis, nimis eruditionis habes.

Offline wrex

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #249 on: November 14, 2010, 08:35:06 pm »
 8)   Dave surely its the managements job to persue the promotors and promote the LLandudno Arena,even the franchise for the caterers cannot be happy with the lack of gigs,for the westlife gig there was no bar in the arena itself,leaving the 2,500 audience to walk too the ocean bar,what was that about. :rage:If the rent for the night needs to come down to help the town thrive so be it,going by the amount of people in the pubs last nite there will be a few closing soon.The buisiest pub we went to last nite was the Kings Arms and that was because at about 11 loads came in from the Motorhead concert at the ARENA. ££$

Offline DaveR

• Administrator
« Reply #250 on: November 14, 2010, 08:40:50 pm »
its important to remember that the management don't book the acts, independent promoters do.
Being a promoter is a full time job, but it can be done by anyone who's sufficiently determined and has a good, logistical mind. But it's very stressful and extremely hard work.
The problem is that most major acts are under contract to a major promoter, so you can't book them even if you had the cash. Add to that the fact that a lot of acts will not even consider Llandudno as it's too far out of the way. Add again the large fees charged by acts and all the ancillary costs that a promoter has to pay, like security, insurance etc and you are laying out upwards of £20,000. That's a big gamble to take, especially if you consider acts like Westlife and the Rocky Horror Show did not sell out.

Offline DaveR

• Administrator
« Reply #251 on: November 14, 2010, 08:53:18 pm »
8)   Dave surely its the managements job to persue the promotors and promote the LLandudno Arena,even the franchise for the caterers cannot be happy with the lack of gigs,for the westlife gig there was no bar in the arena itself,leaving the 2,500 audience to walk too the ocean bar,what was that about. :rage:If the rent for the night needs to come down to help the town thrive so be it,going by the amount of people in the pubs last nite there will be a few closing soon.The buisiest pub we went to last nite was the Kings Arms and that was because at about 11 loads came in from the Motorhead concert at the ARENA. ££$
I'm sure I was told that the bar in the Arena was not opened for Westlife as it was thought the majority of the audience would be under age!

Another big problem is that the Arena was designed for conferences, rather than concerts and, as a result, the ceiling is too low for major acts lighting rigs. I know, you couldn't make it up, etc.  ))*

I'd agree that the management could do more to try and pursue suitable acts.

Offline Fester

• Ad Free Member.
  • El Baldito
« Reply #252 on: November 14, 2010, 10:27:49 pm »
More can be done, and must be done to promote the Arena,

Its important that people note the REAL answer by Dave to Paddy's question.

i.e.,you CAN rent the arena for approx £4500 for the night ... but the REAL cost of staging the hole event is much higher .. in excess of £20,000
Thats because of ticketing, security, advertising, ..and the percentage that Venue Cymru want from the sale of your tickets.

Any attempt to break into the 'cartel' which is gig promoting will be met with immense frustration.   Any major talent is controlled by maybe two major management companies.... they have thier favoured promoters and venues, and these guys are most unlikely to even return your calls.

That doesn't mean that more cannot be done by the VC management to persue it though.
More nights like last night are vital, otherwise this white elephant will go the way of Conwy Civic Hall ... and close!
Fester...
- Semper in Excretum, Sole Profundum Variat -

Offline Paddy

« Reply #253 on: November 14, 2010, 11:39:11 pm »
You've taken the wind out of my sails a bit there Fester. I was just knocking up some Take That tickets on my laptop!

Offline DaveR

• Administrator
« Reply #254 on: November 15, 2010, 08:19:45 am »
You've taken the wind out of my sails a bit there Fester. I was just knocking up some Take That tickets on my laptop!
Best knock that idea on the head, Paddy, Take That would want around £100,000+ to appear for the one show....  :o ;D