Author Topic: What's Llandudno Like Right Now?  (Read 2663985 times)

Offline Nemesis

• Management board member
Re: What's Llandudno Like Right Now?
« Reply #4020 on: July 27, 2013, 08:19:20 am »
Fire in Moorings Holiday Flats Abbey Road tonight, fire people been there over an hour.
Any pics, Nem, I'm not in town at the moment?

Sorry Dave-- didn't think that it would be Kosher to go across with a camera as all the residents were scattered all over the pavement and I thought I might have the race relations people on my back !

Mainly smoke and water damage and the fire people had to break in, so doors etc.
No one was hurt, that was the main thing to me.
Mad, Bad and Dangerous to know.

Offline DaveR

• Administrator
« Reply #4021 on: July 27, 2013, 08:28:33 am »
Sorry Dave-- didn't think that it would be Kosher to go across with a camera as all the residents were scattered all over the pavement and I thought I might have the race relations people on my back !

Mainly smoke and water damage and the fire people had to break in, so doors etc.
No one was hurt, that was the main thing to me.
No worries.  :) Fortunate that no-one was injured, as you say.

Offline Bri Roberts

« Reply #4022 on: July 27, 2013, 08:38:36 am »
On another note, I seem to remember a post from you last year about a very interesting evening visiting the Penmaenmawr quarries, and I'm sure I have seen an advert in the NWWN or the Pioneer for the same trip this year but I can't seem to get any info on it. Has anybody else heard anything on the subject?

Gwynant, I have no info on that but this is on in Penmaenmawr later this morning.

Saturday 27th July 10.30am - 4.30pm - Council for British Archaeology - An unique opportunity to witness Dave Chapman making Bronze Age tools and weapons such as found above Penmaenmawr - New York Museum, Bangor Road, Penmaenmawr - Also visit the Graiglwyd Axe Factory' at the Museum. Admission free. Further details at www.archaeologyfestival.org.uk

Offline Llechwedd

• Sixer
« Reply #4023 on: July 27, 2013, 11:43:18 am »
I was woken up at 7.00 a.m. by the thumping this morning.  It must be a machine doing it as it is regular rhythm.  Wonder what it is doing to the sea bed.

Offline Yorkie

« Reply #4024 on: July 27, 2013, 11:54:12 am »
I was woken up at 7.00 a.m. by the thumping this morning.  It must be a machine doing it as it is regular rhythm.  Wonder what it is doing to the sea bed.

Someone told me it was a couple of Irish Navvies in diving suits with pick-axes and shovels!    _))*
Wise men have something to say.
Fools have to say something.
Cicero

Offline wrex

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #4025 on: July 27, 2013, 12:46:31 pm »
It should make everybodies blood boil,but nobody gives a damn,ive not heard anyone complain so we get what we deserve.

Offline Yorkie

« Reply #4026 on: July 27, 2013, 01:53:33 pm »
Difficult to complain if you're not disturbed by the problem.  Don't notice any thumping where I am in PB, otherwise you know I would be one of the first in line!    ZXZ
Wise men have something to say.
Fools have to say something.
Cicero

Offline Nemesis

« Reply #4027 on: July 27, 2013, 02:21:22 pm »

Someone told me it was a couple of Irish Navvies in diving suits with pick-axes and shovels!    _))*

A burial at sea? _))* _))*

Offline Linda

« Reply #4028 on: July 27, 2013, 11:49:40 pm »
We overlook the sea  and are high up. Did have to close the windows during the night a couple of times , think it was said they had hit bedrock. seems to last roughly 30mins each time. Sounds eirie,  especially if you look across and the sea is misty and calm. If it was going on all night I think more folk would complain.

Offline wrex

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #4029 on: July 28, 2013, 08:27:21 am »
Sorry Yorkie,im on about the dump which is the town beach,not the windmills.Complaining is not something the town does,people think i enjoy it,believe me if we had a nice beach or even a clean beach i don;t think the hospitality association or the hoteliers would notice.

Offline Nemesis

« Reply #4030 on: July 28, 2013, 11:27:04 am »
Sorry Yorkie,im on about the dump which is the town beach,not the windmills.Complaining is not something the town does,people think i enjoy it,believe me if we had a nice beach or even a clean beach i don;t think the hospitality association or the hoteliers would notice.

Hey don't tar everyone with the same brush :rage:

Offline Blongb

• I love living in Llandudno.
« Reply #4031 on: July 28, 2013, 12:22:57 pm »

What a stupid comment Wrex. If it hadn't of been for the Hoteliers the rubble dumped on the beach would have been put right up to the pier wall. I've lost count of the number of letters of complaint I've written to C.C.B.C. and when that hasn't worked written and received satisfaction from our A.M. and M.P. So try thinking a little harder next time.   >>>
Quot homines tot sententiae: suus cuique mos.
(There are as many opinions as there are people: each has his own view.)

Offline Nemesis

« Reply #4032 on: July 28, 2013, 03:56:13 pm »
If it hadn't been for the hoteliers the dreaded demo would have gone ahead. I should think the police, council and Mostyns finally got sick of the dozens of E- Mails which were thrown at them.

Engage brain------

Offline wrex

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #4033 on: July 28, 2013, 06:09:39 pm »
If e-mails are thrown at the papers and the gogarth county and town councillors they may make sure the beach is cleaned daily at this sunny and busy time,can;t say i have ever heard of any complaints from anyone re-the beach and if complaints have been made no notice has been taken,at the end of the day its not my buisness that is effected by the dump of a beach i just feel sorry for tourists and locals thats all.

Offline Blongb

• I love living in Llandudno.
« Reply #4034 on: July 28, 2013, 06:38:40 pm »
The Beach was ruined when Mr Barker was the C.E.O. of C.C.B.C was allowed by the Council to choose the cheapest option to supposedly protect the town from rising sea levels allegedly cased by Global Warming. Why he wasn't strung up from the nearest lamp post is beyond me. One man allowed to make a catastrophic error of judgement and then to add insult to injury we paid him a bonus when he finished his contract.

Seaweed can come in on any tide at any time of the year. This months green addition was in my opinion cleaned up in a very thoroughly and expeditiously by C.C.B.C.
Quot homines tot sententiae: suus cuique mos.
(There are as many opinions as there are people: each has his own view.)