Author Topic: What's Llandudno Like Right Now?  (Read 2663800 times)

Offline norman08

• Ad Free Member
Re: What's Llandudno Like Right Now?
« Reply #3645 on: April 18, 2013, 04:27:05 pm »
another story in the weekly about the windows debate , one hotel top of town no windows,other hotel bottom of town windows boarded up umm  :rage: barmy planners making folk spend thouands to change their windows ,i know if i visited here i would rather see the clean pvc ones , please don,t rush to reply and say i,m wrong,  also about how good mostyn est,s are putting an air show on big deal they robbed the land anyway .

Offline Yorkie

« Reply #3646 on: April 18, 2013, 05:35:06 pm »
A MAN'S HOME IS NOT HIS CASTLE ANY MORE AS I SEE IT!

I am wondering if there is a further avenue of appeal under the CHARTER OF FUNDAMENTAL RIGHTS OF THE EUROPEAN UNION

Article 17
Right to property
1. Everyone has the right to own, use, dispose of and bequeath his or her lawfully acquired
possessions. No one may be deprived of his or her possessions, except in the public interest and in
the cases and under the conditions provided for by law, subject to fair compensation being paid in good time for their loss. The use of property may be regulated by law in so far as is necessary for the general interest.

Article 44
Right to petition
Any citizen of the Union and any natural or legal person residing or having its registered office in a
Member State has the right to petition the European Parliament.

Article 47
Right to an effective remedy and to a fair trial
Everyone whose rights and freedoms guaranteed by the law of the Union are violated has the right to an effective remedy before a tribunal in compliance with the conditions laid down in this Article.
Everyone is entitled to a fair and public hearing within a reasonable time by an independent and
impartial tribunal previously established by law. Everyone shall have the possibility of being defended and represented.  Legal aid shall be made available to those who lack sufficient resources in so far as such aid is necessary to ensure effective access to justice.
Wise men have something to say.
Fools have to say something.
Cicero

Offline Bri Roberts

• Management board member
« Reply #3647 on: April 19, 2013, 10:04:47 am »
Can someone please post me a link to the website for 'Llandudno Town Council'?

I have unsuccessfully tried googling it.

It must be just me !!

Offline Yorkie

« Reply #3648 on: April 19, 2013, 11:37:43 am »
Cicero

Offline Bri Roberts

« Reply #3649 on: April 19, 2013, 11:52:16 am »
Thank you, Yorkie, but that ain't a website.

Offline DaveR

• Administrator
« Reply #3650 on: April 19, 2013, 12:07:00 pm »
www.llandudno.gov.uk

However, there is no website there at the moment. I believe there is some sort of problem/dispute re it. I have recommended to a Councillor that they employ View Creative to design/maintain a new website.

Offline Bri Roberts

« Reply #3651 on: April 19, 2013, 12:16:20 pm »
Thank you, DaveR.

It is interesting to note that former website address no longer appears in a google search.

Meanwhile, I wonder how local residents manage to communicate electronically with the Town Hall and also what happens to all the e-mails being sent to the e-mail address kindly provided by Yorkie.

I haven't noticed an announcement anywhere in the NWWN or Pioneer.

Offline Yorkie

« Reply #3652 on: April 19, 2013, 12:32:22 pm »
Sorry about that Bri, brain bit slow to warm up today!  I'm just picking up a Dutch hosting company so maybe they are getting their IT problems sorted out at long last. :D
Cicero

Offline DaveR

• Administrator
« Reply #3653 on: April 19, 2013, 12:45:59 pm »
Thank you, DaveR.

It is interesting to note that former website address no longer appears in a google search.

Meanwhile, I wonder how local residents manage to communicate electronically with the Town Hall and also what happens to all the e-mails being sent to the e-mail address kindly provided by Yorkie.

I haven't noticed an announcement anywhere in the NWWN or Pioneer.
It is a bit poor, to put it mildly. The site will have disappeared automatically from the Google listing as there is no longer a site to view.

Offline Yorkie

« Reply #3654 on: April 19, 2013, 04:13:29 pm »
Reply re website received following my enquiry to Town Clerk:

"Sadly, the website has recently gone down and we are unable to technically retrieve at present.
Following discussion with members, companies are currently quoting for a new site and Council plans to have something up and running asap.
Our apologies.
With regards"

I know that the Council were having problems with their site that was administered by a local company, but if anyone knows of a "RELIABLE" company they can recommend I'm sure the Clerk would be pleased to hear from them.   :D
Cicero

Offline Bri Roberts

« Reply #3655 on: April 19, 2013, 05:16:38 pm »
DaveR already has, Yorkie.

I have recommended to a Councillor that they employ View Creative to design/maintain a new website.

BTW, what e-mail address, Yorkie, did you use to contact the Town Clerk?

Offline Yorkie

« Reply #3656 on: April 19, 2013, 05:49:36 pm »
Cicero

Offline DaveR

• Administrator
« Reply #3657 on: April 19, 2013, 06:59:54 pm »
I know that the Council were having problems with their site that was administered by a local company, but if anyone knows of a "RELIABLE" company they can recommend I'm sure the Clerk would be pleased to hear from them.   :D
"I have recommended to a Councillor that they employ View Creative to design/maintain a new website."  $good$

Offline Yorkie

« Reply #3658 on: April 21, 2013, 04:07:50 pm »
This afternoon we had a run out and started with a trip round Marine Drive on the Gt. Orme.   The road was in a disgusting state with beer cans, bottles, fast food wrappings, and loads of other rubbish littering the whole drive.  On the trip down to West Shore from the R & BT the road was also littered with scree and rocks.

It's pretty obvious that the road hasn't been swept or cleared of rubbish for ages.   What a lovely welcome for locals and tourists alike!   :rage:
Cicero

Offline DaveR

• Administrator
« Reply #3659 on: April 21, 2013, 04:48:23 pm »
Fester was telling me on Friday that a load of builders rubbish, including old doors etc, had been dumped over the wall on Marine Drive and it was very visible from the Pier.