Author Topic: What's Llandudno Like Right Now?  (Read 2664345 times)

Offline dwsi

Re: What's Llandudno Like Right Now?
« Reply #3525 on: March 09, 2013, 04:40:12 pm »
The majority of councillors use their own equipment because the council supplied kit doesn't allow them to use social networks, install apps etc etc  :rage:

Offline Ian

• Administrator
« Reply #3526 on: March 09, 2013, 05:01:55 pm »
Conwy Councillors have all been issued with Laptops, Blackberrys and iPads

Can't see why they'd get both...
Nothing is so firmly believed as that which we least know.  ― Michel de Montaigne

Si hoc legere scis, nimis eruditionis habes.

Offline DaveR

• Administrator
« Reply #3527 on: March 09, 2013, 05:17:53 pm »
Conwy Councillors have all been issued with Laptops, Blackberrys and iPads

Can't see why they'd get both...
They were issued with Blackberrys last year (a pointless exercise) and now its been decided that iPads will be more useful.  :roll:

Offline Cambrian

• Genealogy & Research team
« Reply #3528 on: March 09, 2013, 05:47:29 pm »
Looking at the various websites, it seems Bay of Colwyn (three communities) has 24 town councillors, Conwy Town Council has 15 and Llandudno 30.  Conwy CBC cllrs for the same areas are: 13, 7 and 10. So it looks as if Llandudno has around 10 town councillors too many!

Offline Yorkie

« Reply #3529 on: March 09, 2013, 06:17:19 pm »
Looking at the various websites, it seems Bay of Colwyn (three communities) has 24 town councillors, Conwy Town Council has 15 and Llandudno 30.  Conwy CBC cllrs for the same areas are: 13, 7 and 10. So it looks as if Llandudno has around 10 town councillors too many!

THIRTY TOO MANY IN MY BOOK!   :D
Wise men have something to say.
Fools have to say something.
Cicero

Offline Sara

« Reply #3530 on: March 11, 2013, 10:33:35 am »
Just received a Parking Charge Notice from Smart Parking for staying too long in Asda car park. Except I didn't, I went in at 12.17 for fuel and then went back later to do my shopping where they have me leaving at 16.47. They have obviously chosen to ignore the fact that i left after getting fuel and then re-entered later in the afternoon. Do they think that if they do this to enough people that might have gone in twice in one day that they will maybe scare one or two into paying up? Well they are not getting a penny from me. I would guess if I query it they will not have photo's of my car leaving the first time or entering the second time!  $angry$

Offline Yorkie

« Reply #3531 on: March 11, 2013, 12:02:39 pm »
This is a Civil matter and you did not enter into any contract with them. Jut TOTALLY IGNORE ANY CORRESPONDENCE YOU RECEIVE.

See previous discussion n this subject. :D
Cicero

Offline Sara

« Reply #3532 on: March 11, 2013, 12:12:46 pm »
Thanks Yorkie. Have seen the previous discussion on this. Just venting my annoyance about it all. I'm sure many people go into Asda car park more than once a day. They are onto a nice little earner if they disregard the middle photo's where you leave and then re-enter later.

Offline Bri Roberts

• Management board member
« Reply #3533 on: March 11, 2013, 12:44:22 pm »
Ignoring the notice is certainly one option, Sara, but you could also consider informing the NWWN so they can feature your story on the front page of this Thursday’s edition and thus inform other shoppers that they too can ignore the notice in the future.

Offline Ian

• Administrator
« Reply #3534 on: March 11, 2013, 01:43:34 pm »
It's also worth considering the Consumers' Association's advice on this: if you enter a car park with clearly indicated and defined conditions you are deemed to have accepted them.  If they then take you to court, they can also recover expenses.
« Last Edit: March 11, 2013, 03:15:42 pm by Ian »
Nothing is so firmly believed as that which we least know.  ― Michel de Montaigne

Offline DaveR

• Administrator
« Reply #3535 on: March 11, 2013, 01:48:36 pm »
I would inform them clearly of the circumstances and request they cancel the fine.

Offline Sara

« Reply #3536 on: March 11, 2013, 02:25:18 pm »
Ian, I did not overstay the time limit though as they are stating, so I didn't break any conditions. I went in at 12.17  to get fuel and drove out straight after. At 15.00 i was picking my grandson up from school and then drove back to Asda around 15.45- 16.00 and left there at 16.47. They are stating I was there from 12.17 until 16.47, over 4 1/2 hours.

Offline Ian

• Administrator
« Reply #3537 on: March 11, 2013, 03:17:07 pm »
I agree with Dave.  Explain clearly and concisely what happened. The onus is then on them to prove otherwise.

Offline Yorkie

« Reply #3538 on: March 11, 2013, 03:56:48 pm »
Ian, I did not overstay the time limit though as they are stating, so I didn't break any conditions. I went in at 12.17  to get fuel and drove out straight after. At 15.00 i was picking my grandson up from school and then drove back to Asda around 15.45- 16.00 and left there at 16.47. They are stating I was there from 12.17 until 16.47, over 4 1/2 hours.

It will obviously help if you are still in possession of your receipts as they will have the date and time  recorded.  So hang on to them!   ;D
Cicero

Offline Sara

« Reply #3539 on: March 11, 2013, 04:25:48 pm »
All sorted. It's all to do with the position of the cameras. When you drive in there is a camera before the garage that snaps your numberplate. You can then park up do your shopping etc. When you go to drive out the exit camera is before the garage. So in my case I got snapped going in for the garage but there is no camera for when you exit the garage. Then when i went back later I was snapped entering again and then snapped exiting the car park. Customer services said it had happened before. Anyway a manager is getting the ticket cancelled for me.