Author Topic: What's Llandudno Like Right Now?  (Read 2664193 times)

Offline Nemesis

• Management board member
Re: What's Llandudno Like Right Now?
« Reply #3150 on: November 13, 2012, 05:11:43 pm »
 $good$
Mad, Bad and Dangerous to know.

Offline Yorkie

« Reply #3151 on: November 13, 2012, 06:29:18 pm »
Following on from my last comment a look at the Government migration figures reveals a very small nett immigration.   In the year to mid 2010 it was circa 1900 and the year to mid 2011 it was circa 3000.  These figures are for the whole country of Wales.   More available on the Government web site.

Perhaps Llechwedd would like all the English tourists to go somewhere else and leave Wales to the Welsh!
Wise men have something to say.
Fools have to say something.
Cicero

Offline Fester

• Ad Free Member.
  • El Baldito
« Reply #3152 on: November 13, 2012, 06:32:58 pm »
Llechwedd is quite prone to those type of comments.

Its not the first time I have pointed them out on this Forum.  &shake&

I'm pretty thick skinned, but she did cause me to slightly raise an eyebrow!

Fester...
- Semper in Excretum, Sole Profundum Variat -

Offline wrex

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #3153 on: November 13, 2012, 07:29:05 pm »
Im Welsh and proud of it and as you all know love this damn town if not its council,but nobody should be biting  at these coments,we are all the same and most of us get on together so please don;t start a little Welsh -English hate thing.

Offline snowcap

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #3154 on: November 13, 2012, 08:05:15 pm »
well said wrex behind you 100%

Offline Yorkie

« Reply #3155 on: November 13, 2012, 08:47:47 pm »
well said wrex behind you 100%

And so say I, and my Welsh Wife from Rhos-on-Sea!

Chwarae teg. . . . . . . ;D
Cicero

Offline Fester

• Ad Free Member.
  • El Baldito
« Reply #3156 on: November 14, 2012, 12:02:26 am »
.... and you better hope I don't get my Welsh Grandparents to come round and put you straight.

It could get very unpleasant, (seeing as they have been dead these last 20 years)  :laugh:

Fester...

Offline Llechwedd

• Sixer
« Reply #3157 on: November 15, 2012, 01:17:48 pm »
No I'm not taking it back.  Why? Well the English pensioners who come to live here make absolutely no attempt to integrate and after years should be able to pronounce most names.  I actually met  a lady who told me she had lived in Eggleback for 25 years.  When I asked her why she couldn't pronounce Egg Lewis Bach.   I asked her why she couldn't say it properly she looked amazed and said she couldn't be bothered and other examples are Rile, Aber geeel, Sinchan,t Crisyeth and of course our old friend Bettsy Coed.  I can understand coed but Bettsy?  They are also a huge drain on the social services infrastucture of the county, free prescriptions and district nurses are over stretched.  Many live in caravans and don't pay countil taxes so I think I' entitled to whinge.  It's not racisem it's aboyt fairness and erwealising that you live in a foreign country with its own customs and traditions and you should at least try and take part and make a contribution.  I'd like to see them get away with it in France or Spain.

End of rant. :twoface:

Offline Gaylord Screwsby

« Reply #3158 on: November 15, 2012, 02:17:36 pm »
No I'm not taking it back.  Why? Well the English pensioners who come to live here make absolutely no attempt to integrate and after years should be able to pronounce most names.  I actually met  a lady who told me she had lived in Eggleback for 25 years.  When I asked her why she couldn't pronounce Egg Lewis Bach.   I asked her why she couldn't say it properly she looked amazed and said she couldn't be bothered and other examples are Rile, Aber geeel, Sinchan,t Crisyeth and of course our old friend Bettsy Coed.  I can understand coed but Bettsy?  They are also a huge drain on the social services infrastucture of the county, free prescriptions and district nurses are over stretched.  Many live in caravans and don't pay countil taxes so I think I' entitled to whinge.  It's not racisem it's aboyt fairness and erwealising that you live in a foreign country with its own customs and traditions and you should at least try and take part and make a contribution.  I'd like to see them get away with it in France or Spain.

End of rant. :twoface:

Your inability to produce a reply in English with the correct spelling completely undermines your argument.

Offline Yorkie

« Reply #3159 on: November 15, 2012, 02:19:35 pm »
Leckweth you are talking a load of krap!     My wife is Welsh but when she was a child the powers that be decided to withdraw Welsh language classes.   Needless to when pursuing her career outside of Wales there was no need to learn the language.  I am half Dutch, half Yorkshire but I have learnt some Welsh phrases.  In the family we speak, French, German, Portuguese, some Japanese, Spanish,   Welsh and a great deal of English.

It is attitudes such as yours that prevents many Industrialists and Major Companies setting up factories in the Principality.  I certainly would not even open a shop here and I know many others who feel the same way.

If you want integration then it must be tackled from both sides, including yours.
Cicero

Offline Fester

• Ad Free Member.
  • El Baldito
« Reply #3160 on: November 15, 2012, 02:46:58 pm »
Llechwedd, I hardly know where to start!

You state that ALL English pensioners who come to live in Wales make NO attempt to integrate?
You must have come across a few who have led you to that conclusion and disappointed you, but it certainly is not the case in the majority of people who live/work/retire here.

How do your views differ when it comes to those who moved from England to Wales during their working life? They contributed, still are in many cases, and then retire.
What about those who are English by birth, but are currently working in Wales? Whether they be 24 or 63 years old?
What about people from say, Poland? who are earning minimum wage in Wales, so pay no tax, but still retire here?
I would imagine that their pronunciation of Betws-y-coed might be worse even than an English person?

I could go on, and on..... but that's enough to wrestle with for starters.

Fester...

Offline DaveR

• Administrator
« Reply #3161 on: November 15, 2012, 03:15:33 pm »
You state that ALL English pensioners who come to live in Wales make NO attempt to integrate?
You must have come across a few who have led you to that conclusion and disappointed you, but it certainly is not the case in the majority of people who live/work/retire here.
Are you sure about this? I've lived amongst many English retirees when I lived in Penrhyn Bay and I can't honestly think of a single one that could speak more than a few words of Welsh. All very nice people, of course, but no interest in the Welsh language or culture.

As a matter of interest, how many forum users have moved to Wales from England and can speak Welsh?

Offline Tosh

« Reply #3162 on: November 15, 2012, 03:51:24 pm »
You know, I was going to write a fairly long piece about this type of racist cr*p but I just can't be bothered.
Crawl back into your cave Llechwedd and sit there fermenting your hatred for the English.
Can you specify just one thing that any English person has done to upset you personally or is it something dating back hundreds of years that was done to your ancestors?

Offline wrex

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #3163 on: November 15, 2012, 03:52:31 pm »
I did say don;t bite did;nt i,when are you going to learn,but if all the English people who retire here complained to their councillors about the lack of xmas illuminations we would now have the best display in North Wales. :laugh:

Offline wrex

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #3164 on: November 15, 2012, 04:04:25 pm »
Im looking forward to seeing the Daffodil capitol of Wales next year,its a great idea and will look good for a month( im not sure if that is right) but how are they going to market it,some times their out early and some times late so im just wondering how the council are going to do it. Im notpicking just curious,im sure all our English visitors will love them. D)