Author Topic: What's Llandudno Like Right Now?  (Read 2664264 times)

Offline DaveR

• Administrator
Re: What's Llandudno Like Right Now?
« Reply #3135 on: November 12, 2012, 01:47:21 pm »
Cheers Dave, your winking face aroused my interest in learning more, so I went to send a pm but apparently I do not have permission to do that. Oh well, guess we'll probably find out through the usual media outlets soon no doubt *cough*.
If you click on the little envelope icon under a user's avatar, you can send them an email.   ;)

Offline Ian48

« Reply #3136 on: November 12, 2012, 02:08:30 pm »
No, that doesn't appear on mine, just a globe, and a head and shoulders symbol below the avatar, with no envelope. It said when I tried to send a message that an error had occurred and that I wasn't allowed to send messages. Oh well!

Offline Yorkie

« Reply #3137 on: November 12, 2012, 02:24:23 pm »
You have to update your Profile settings to say you accept email.    ;D.  Some people opt not to.

Can you see my envelope?
Wise men have something to say.
Fools have to say something.
Cicero

Offline Ian48

« Reply #3138 on: November 12, 2012, 02:32:34 pm »
Yes, I can. but no-one else's it would seem. Curious.

Offline Ian48

« Reply #3139 on: November 12, 2012, 02:35:32 pm »
Actually I take that back, I can see yours and a couple of others. Dave doesn't have one though (along with several others)

Offline DaveR

• Administrator
« Reply #3140 on: November 12, 2012, 02:36:24 pm »
Yes, I can. but no-one else's it would seem. Curious.
I've emailed you.

Offline Dave

« Reply #3141 on: November 12, 2012, 06:03:51 pm »
http://i987.photobucket.com/albums/ae359/jaymark1/RemembranceDayLlandudno2012_zps9bb98f37.jpg

A cracking image of the Cenotaph service  taken by a friend and enhanced in Photoshop.

Offline Dave

« Reply #3142 on: November 12, 2012, 06:12:27 pm »
Some of you might have noticed the large gatherings of folk with cameras,telescopes and binoculars in and around B&Q's car park.
Over the week end and on in to today there has been a substantial number of Waxwings, over 100, feeding on the Rowan berries.Keen birders travelled miles to take a look at these handsome birds.

Offline wrex

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #3143 on: November 12, 2012, 07:12:59 pm »
Don;t tel;l DaveR there are a 100 birds hanging around B&Q ,he will be there like a shot.

Offline Merddin Emrys

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #3144 on: November 12, 2012, 07:17:04 pm »
 _))*  _))*
A pigeon is for life not just Christmas

Offline DaveR

• Administrator
« Reply #3145 on: November 13, 2012, 08:27:43 am »
Don;t tel;l DaveR there are a 100 birds hanging around B&Q ,he will be there like a shot.
They flock around me now, mate.  $good$

Offline DaveR

• Administrator
« Reply #3146 on: November 13, 2012, 08:28:37 am »
I'm still laughing at the supposed story posted on the Llandudno Facebook group by a guy called Ron Jones:

Ron Jones
Seems many petty local arguements on the comments recently but have just seen a developers grand plan for town,financed by far east company includes new tramway infrastructure but with conditions that in return for their input, The town would provide a big enough site for northwales new mosque, as central infrastructure for islamic teaching,community centre and general fitness rooms etc as with ones in London. these building contain islamic banking,councelling ,college etc and as al halal no benefit to local shops withcatereing..sites suggested are , town hall, north western and pier pavillion sites.
Further to the plan they hope to build a wave generated powerstation which they say will be intergrated into a causeway linking the two ormes which will allow cruise liners to call in on short day trips ,with bay remaining as a laggoon ,and llandudno is one of 3 proposed areas with potential to compensate for loss of potential regenerated power in failed severn estuary barrier plans..
you need to get your councillors to be more transparent about the plans as one and not as individual schemes, and if Mosque refused ,trams fail etc ,,public meetings are needed to fight this as is a partnership of mostyn estates and the far eastern company who are also hoping to include council in partnership but at what cost
Like ·  · Unfollow post · 28 October at 22:59

Offline Llechwedd

• Sixer
« Reply #3147 on: November 13, 2012, 01:23:15 pm »
Anyone know what's happening on the scrub land next to West Shore cafe?  It is newly fenced off and there are wooden pegs here and there and now channels being dug.  Is it yet another bliock of flats for English retirees?

Offline DaveR

• Administrator
« Reply #3148 on: November 13, 2012, 02:28:52 pm »
It's for a model railway.

Offline Yorkie

« Reply #3149 on: November 13, 2012, 04:36:40 pm »
Anyone know what's happening on the scrub land next to West Shore cafe?  It is newly fenced off and there are wooden pegs here and there and now channels being dug.  Is it yet another bliock of flats for English retirees?

Probably for British people not necessarily English.  I, and I suspect others who contribute or read this Forum, object to such racial comments.   Maybe Llechwedd would like to withdraw the remark?

I have supported North Wales with work and my taxes for the past  25 years am I then to be denied a home for my remaining years?   The Welsh should be proud that others choose this country in which to live and maybe end their days, rather than create division.   Maybe Patagonia should be recolonized by its original inhabitants?

$walesflag$ $uk
Wise men have something to say.
Fools have to say something.
Cicero