Author Topic: What's Llandudno Like Right Now?  (Read 2663657 times)

Offline Bellringer

• Ad Free Member
Re: What's Llandudno Like Right Now?
« Reply #3045 on: October 10, 2012, 09:13:38 pm »
Looks like a big delivery of either kitchen equipment or furniture has arrived at the American Disaster.

I saw the lorry there too towards 7pm  parked partly on the pavement. I'm sure from its size, and length particulary, that there could well be a few more cracked paving slabs for the unsuspecting pedestrian to trip over!!

Offline DaveR

• Administrator
« Reply #3046 on: October 10, 2012, 11:05:23 pm »
  I think I am correct in saying where there are predestrians ALREADY crossing the road on junctions such as you mention, they have precidence and the car should stop or reduce speed. I always do this if someone is well into crossing a wide road---like the island by the Carlton.  Mike
Wise words, Mike.  $good$ Thanks for the little present via Fester, as well.

Offline Fester

• Ad Free Member.
  • El Baldito
« Reply #3047 on: October 11, 2012, 12:50:35 am »
Dave / Mike, you are making a very different point there gentlemen.

I agree that if I am driving down Mostyn St, for example and someone is halfway across the road, of course I would slow down and allow them to complete the crossing, who wouldn't?

What I am referring to are those who walk out into the road with no intention of looking left or right. It happens all the time.
(Its teenagers usually), or even worse they look at the driver with a look of contempt or disdain as if they have no right to be driving on 'their' road.   $angry$
Fester...
- Semper in Excretum, Sole Profundum Variat -

Offline Ian

• Administrator
« Reply #3048 on: October 11, 2012, 06:57:49 am »
What I am referring to are those who walk out into the road with no intention of looking left or right. It happens all the time.

This reminds me of when our kids were very young.  I would watch with horror as young mothers would push their baby into the road in their buggies to stop traffic. They seemed utterly unaware of the fact that, while they were safe, the child in its buggy was about 3 - 4 feet further out and quite likely to be clipped by a passing lorry or bus.
Nothing is so firmly believed as that which we least know.  ― Michel de Montaigne

Si hoc legere scis, nimis eruditionis habes.

Offline Merddin Emrys

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #3049 on: October 11, 2012, 07:30:32 am »
Often I see pedestrians either on mobile phones or iPods just stepping right out into the road without looking!  &shake&   DaveR could you wear a hi viz coat so us poor drivers can see you on the road  ;D
A pigeon is for life not just Christmas

Offline Blongb

• Management board member
  • I love living in Llandudno.
« Reply #3050 on: October 11, 2012, 05:37:56 pm »
My OH told me to treat Mostyn Street as if I was driving through a car park. Since taking her advice my speed and heart rate have reduced dramatically and I go home each night with the warm feeling that at least half-a-dozen people are alive as a direct result
Quot homines tot sententiae: suus cuique mos.
(There are as many opinions as there are people: each has his own view.)

Offline Yorkie

« Reply #3051 on: October 11, 2012, 06:26:41 pm »
Often I see pedestrians either on mobile phones or iPods just stepping right out into the road without looking!  &shake&   DaveR could you wear a hi viz coat so us poor drivers can see you on the road  ;D

What we need is a "Pedestrian Test" for non driving road users!  Bring in strong fines and prison for Jaywalking.   _))*

Also drivers of mobility scooters could do with some lessons in road and pavement craft, and be made aware that the pavements are not a disabled race track and that scooter should give way to walkers. :laugh:
Wise men have something to say.
Fools have to say something.
Cicero

Offline SDQ

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #3052 on: October 11, 2012, 09:41:37 pm »

Cyclists can be just as bad with regards to iPods. I once had a girl ride under & get trapped by the lowering barriers at Deganwy Quay crossing, she managed to get free with the help of a motorist waiting at the lights & phoned me at the Signalbox. I could hear the crossing warning sound in the background as she spoke to me but when I pointed this out to her she admitted to not hearing it because she was listening to her iPod whilst riding, she could give no reason for ignoring the lights.
Valar Morghulis

Offline wrex

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #3053 on: October 14, 2012, 09:44:26 am »
Did Cll Greg Robbins ever achieve anything about the pier pavillion,i seem to remember that it was part of his mayorial speech to get it sorted.With eyesores like the pier,the Clarence,Tudno Castle,augusta holiday flats what can anyone do until a major investor decides to move,the town has now started to slip back with the closure of Stead and Simpsons,book publishers .

Offline Tosh

« Reply #3054 on: October 14, 2012, 05:08:35 pm »
http://uk.eurosport.yahoo.com/l/red-bull-stratos/
Sunday afternoon 5-09 pm.
Click on the link, the American is half way up to his jump point for the highest jump from 23 miles above the earth.
It's LIVE now

Offline Yorkie

« Reply #3055 on: October 14, 2012, 07:19:35 pm »
Absolutely FANTASTIC!!!!    ZXZ
Wise men have something to say.
Fools have to say something.
Cicero

Offline Tosh

« Reply #3056 on: October 14, 2012, 07:34:30 pm »
I agree totally, that was the best 2 hours of my life this year.
Glad you enjoyed it.

Offline Fester

• Ad Free Member.
  • El Baldito
« Reply #3057 on: October 14, 2012, 08:39:55 pm »
So what did we miss that was so fantastic?

They said on the BBC news his brain might turn to mush?   I assume that didn't happen?
Fester...
- Semper in Excretum, Sole Profundum Variat -

Offline 1_rob_1

« Reply #3058 on: October 14, 2012, 08:43:15 pm »
I think his brain must already be mush for him to do something like this

Offline TheMedz

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #3059 on: October 14, 2012, 11:01:37 pm »
Sorry if it's already been talked about on the forum recently but what is the extensive development taking place currently on Bodafon fields? Is it the much talked about housing development ?