Author Topic: What's Llandudno Like Right Now?  (Read 2663615 times)

Offline Tosh

Re: What's Llandudno Like Right Now?
« Reply #3030 on: October 08, 2012, 06:04:51 pm »
Sorry, I forgot to put ,,,,,,,, ;D

Offline Michael

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #3031 on: October 08, 2012, 08:17:22 pm »
Dave, Ive just been looking on at your vour first entry on this post back in 2010. Simple beginnings and now we are on page 136 on thereabouts!!!   How about a What's Colwyn Bay Like Right Now? Or even a Rhos version. At least you, I, Welshmaid, White Rabbit could put a bit out. Mike  Apologies to any Rhos readers/writers I have omitted.

Offline Bri Roberts

• Management board member
« Reply #3032 on: October 08, 2012, 10:16:07 pm »
I think the floral clock may be running slow when I just passed by in the car.  &shake&

Yup, sadly it is 23 minutes slow.

Good news.  $good$

The floral clock is running on time.

Offline norman08

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #3033 on: October 09, 2012, 09:56:30 am »
but will it be right in 3 weeks time bri  $donald$

Offline DaveR

• Administrator
« Reply #3034 on: October 09, 2012, 01:09:59 pm »
Oscar is reporting that: "Someone in trouble. 2 police cars and ambulance still stationary by trinity sq and traffic single line."

Anyone know more?

Offline Nemesis

• Management board member
« Reply #3035 on: October 09, 2012, 05:19:35 pm »
Been a fair amount of bother with our inebriated community in the last couple of days. We had to call the police to a brawl in Lloyd Street yesterday afternoon. People were scurrying into the charity shop for sanctuary. Two blokes were knocking hell out of each other in the road.
Later on a pair of women sitting outside the town hall were falling off the bench complete with cans of Strong Bow. The same pair were on the seats by the library just after lunch today.
Mad, Bad and Dangerous to know.

Offline DaveR

• Administrator
« Reply #3036 on: October 09, 2012, 09:04:44 pm »
Oscar is reporting that: "Someone in trouble. 2 police cars and ambulance still stationary by trinity sq and traffic single line."

Anyone know more?
Apparently, an elderly man walked out in front of a bus to cross the road and was hit by a car.  :(

Offline Fester

• Ad Free Member.
  • El Baldito
« Reply #3037 on: October 09, 2012, 11:26:21 pm »
Hopefully, members of our local constabulary are still looking on the forum, and may feel moved to comment about the police patrols these days.

After all, the police are familiar with the local anti-social types, and will no doubt be keeping regular tabs on them.

On the subject of the chap getting knocked down, well that is very sad and I hope he fully recovers....

.... BUT, I have said this before on the forum, that I have never known a town like Llandudno where people casually walk out into the road with no regard for traffic coming either way.  It drives me nuts to be honest.
Fester...
- Semper in Excretum, Sole Profundum Variat -

Offline norman08

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #3038 on: October 10, 2012, 09:52:56 am »
today,s daily post  conwy council spending £ 600,000 +on putting tonnes of sand on colwyn bays beach, it definetly won,t be taken from our beach , :rage: $donald$

Offline DaveR

• Administrator
« Reply #3039 on: October 10, 2012, 10:03:11 am »
I have said this before on the forum, that I have never known a town like Llandudno where people casually walk out into the road with no regard for traffic coming either way.  It drives me nuts to be honest.
I do it all the time, I have to be honest. There's certain roads where it is customary to do so, like when you're crossing Lloyd Street between HSBC and NatWest or St Georges Place between Caffe Nero and Cafe Culture.

Offline Yorkie

« Reply #3040 on: October 10, 2012, 10:46:52 am »
Is there a hidden message there about your lifestyle - flitting twist Banks and Coffee Shops?   ;)
Wise men have something to say.
Fools have to say something.
Cicero

Offline DaveR

• Administrator
« Reply #3041 on: October 10, 2012, 05:40:02 pm »
Looks like a big delivery of either kitchen equipment or furniture has arrived at the American Disaster.

Offline Merddin Emrys

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #3042 on: October 10, 2012, 06:40:22 pm »
Looks like a big delivery of either kitchen equipment or furniture has arrived at the American Disaster.

Will it be open by next summer I wonder?  :twoface:
A pigeon is for life not just Christmas

Offline Fester

• Ad Free Member.
  • El Baldito
« Reply #3043 on: October 10, 2012, 07:20:08 pm »
I have said this before on the forum, that I have never known a town like Llandudno where people casually walk out into the road with no regard for traffic coming either way.  It drives me nuts to be honest.
I do it all the time, I have to be honest. There's certain roads where it is customary to do so, like when you're crossing Lloyd Street between HSBC and NatWest or St Georges Place between Caffe Nero and Cafe Culture.

So you weren't paying attention in school when you were instructed to 'look left,look right etc...'' before stepping out in the road.  &shake& &shake&
Either that, or you possess steel legs?

I just hope you are not feeling 'run-down' in the to come....  ^*^0
Fester...
- Semper in Excretum, Sole Profundum Variat -

Offline Michael

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #3044 on: October 10, 2012, 07:50:06 pm »
  I think I am correct in saying where there are predestrians ALREADY crossing the road on junctions such as you mention, they have precidence and the car should stop or reduce speed. I always do this if someone is well into crossing a wide road---like the island by the Carlton.  Mike