Author Topic: What's Llandudno Like Right Now?  (Read 2664365 times)

Offline Nemesis

• Management board member
Re: What's Llandudno Like Right Now?
« Reply #2580 on: July 02, 2012, 08:12:03 am »
Thing was yesterday afternoon I went down to the prom in a fleece, but ended up carrying it-- those blokes must have been sweating cobs !
Mad, Bad and Dangerous to know.

Offline DaveR

• Administrator
« Reply #2581 on: July 02, 2012, 10:13:31 am »
Talking of fencing --what is the second lot of fenced area near the cenotaph and the new "Pocket Watch" going to be used for? anyone know?
The second fenced off area - I see a power supply is being installed - I will make enquiries!
The second fenced area is just to install the power supply that will run the Floral Clock.

Offline wrex

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #2582 on: July 02, 2012, 10:16:09 pm »
had a nice walk this evening along the prom,very busy so i;ve come to the conclusion there is no need to weed the flower beds ,cut the grass or clean the beach as it is not needed,the fact that i think the place looks shabby is just my view,30 councillors can;t be wrong or our COUNTY COUNCILLORS ,YET soon the bloom squad will be out getting ready for the judges and all of a sudden everybody wants too weed, cut grass ,MAYBE even clean the beach,i would love to drive the judges around,my route.

Offline wrex

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #2583 on: July 03, 2012, 08:41:48 pm »
At last an explanation for the dire flower beds and uncut grass,Oscar has revealed that there are new people in charge of the parks dept,great shame for Llandudno.

Offline DaveR

• Administrator
« Reply #2584 on: July 04, 2012, 11:08:45 am »
Good news from Twitter, Wrex:

Judith Phillips ‏@WeeklyNewsJude
Llandudno North Shore clean up on its way. See tomorrow's North Wales Weekly News.

$good$

Offline Fester

• Ad Free Member.
  • El Baldito
« Reply #2585 on: July 04, 2012, 09:44:46 pm »
I think the creation of the Floral Clock is an excellent thing, but its such a terrible decision to do the excavating work IN JULY!!

The promenade near the cenotaph looks like a building site, which in effect it is, and the overwhelming impression for visitors to Llandudno is not good in the middle of the tourist season.   Lets hope it is completed VERY quickly.
Fester...
- Semper in Excretum, Sole Profundum Variat -

Offline DaveR

• Administrator
« Reply #2586 on: July 04, 2012, 10:28:48 pm »
I think the creation of the Floral Clock is an excellent thing, but its such a terrible decision to do the excavating work IN JULY!!

The promenade near the cenotaph looks like a building site, which in effect it is, and the overwhelming impression for visitors to Llandudno is not good in the middle of the tourist season.   Lets hope it is completed VERY quickly.
I was actually thinking the same today when I went past. All of the grass has been badly churned up and there are several deep ruts where the excavator has been working. Still, will be great when its finished...just hope they can afford some flowers to put in it...  :roll:

Offline Yorkie

« Reply #2587 on: July 05, 2012, 07:29:34 am »
I had a look yesterday and I think it's just a BIG WIND UP!    _))*
Wise men have something to say.
Fools have to say something.
Cicero

Offline DaveR

• Administrator
« Reply #2588 on: July 05, 2012, 08:44:15 am »
Saw this comment on Oscar...

"Amazing but true !
An ex council gardener was employed to tidy someone's garden .

Some of the seasonal bulbs and pernnials had finished flowering and there wasa few weeds in the borders

The owner of the garden went out shopping and left the gardener to get on with the job

He started work and promtly removing ALL the plants, bulbs and weeds , leaving totaly barren borders.

All the plants etc had been "binned"

When the owners returned to the proprty,
The gardener ask "Did they get any plants from the shops?"
The owners of the garden were none to please to find most of their garden void of plants and asked the gardener what was he doing?

The gardener explained that as a ex council gardener. It was common practice for the council to remove all the plants etc and replace with new ones !"

&shake&

Offline Nemesis

« Reply #2589 on: July 05, 2012, 09:44:57 am »

Some hope. Is anything ever done quickly?

Offline Nemesis

Offline wrex

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #2591 on: July 05, 2012, 05:32:33 pm »
Walked along there last nite and i can;t say the beach looked any different ,considering it has been dragged to remove stones.

Offline wrex

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #2592 on: July 05, 2012, 05:39:59 pm »
and ive just driven past Venue Cymru and the weeds and the long grass are looking splendid,i can;t think what CCBC are playing at,ok there are no shows on so that is no excuse to leave the place looking so disgusting.If you take a look at the flower beds outside the Arena entrance,they have been left with a few winter pansies in and have nearly dissapeared,they are supposed to be star shaped i think.As we have read today CCBC are shedding 66 jobs,looks like the whole of the parks dept have gone already,long live the weeds.

Offline DaveR

• Administrator
« Reply #2593 on: July 06, 2012, 11:11:58 am »
Llandudno may look like this later today if the rain keeps up!

[smg id=2708]

Offline DaveR

• Administrator
« Reply #2594 on: July 06, 2012, 12:02:17 pm »
Be warned that there is currently heavy flooding outside Ysgol John Bright on Maesdu Road:

https://twitter.com/jonathenharty/status/221191553824210944/photo/1/large