Author Topic: What's Llandudno Like Right Now?  (Read 2660764 times)

Offline wrex

• Ad Free Member
Re: What's Llandudno Like Right Now?
« Reply #1620 on: September 22, 2011, 03:15:56 pm »
 Lets enjoy the visitors andenvent this weekend without complaints,we have a motorbike event next weekend and the car rallies in oct and nov so let be glad our hoteliers will be getting some winter trade. Ithink i can work out how to get around without useing the closed roads. :rage:

Offline Bri Roberts

• Management board member
« Reply #1621 on: September 22, 2011, 05:34:26 pm »
I think i can work out how to get around without using the closed roads. :rage:

Have you any suggestions, wrex, as to how and where to watch the Wales Rally GB around the Great Orme in November?

The organisers are charging spectators a hefty £20 per person plus another £5 to park their car up on the Great Orme.

It doesn't last long and there is no mention either about there being any covered grandstands.

Offline wrex

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #1622 on: September 22, 2011, 06:07:24 pm »
 8) Book into the Lighthouse Bri.  :D

Offline wrex

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #1623 on: September 22, 2011, 06:10:56 pm »
 ;)  I can;t wait till next saturday nite to see thee Major leading 150 Honda Golldwings,, apparently he will be on the back of a trike with his chain in one hand and a pint in the other. WWW

Offline Bri Roberts

« Reply #1624 on: September 22, 2011, 06:21:08 pm »
The race up and down Gloddaeth Avenue tomorrow should be interesting as well.

Apparently, it starts at Noon and lasts 24 hours.

I assume runners will turn round well before Wetherspoons.

Offline Pendragon

• Ad Free Member.
« Reply #1625 on: September 22, 2011, 06:26:27 pm »
£20 quid to watch a car race  :o how many times are they going round the Orme? Will they close off all access then? Surely you can still walk up there while the race is on  :roll:

I don't mean walk on the road obviously.
Only hindsight has 20/20 vision
Angiegram - A romantic notion derived from the more mundane truth.

Truth is, everybody is going to hurt you; you just gotta find the ones worth suffering for." -Bob Marley

Offline Bri Roberts

« Reply #1626 on: September 22, 2011, 07:31:57 pm »
There seems to be two special stages so I guess that means each car will go round twice.

I imagine they will close all access including all cars going up the Great Orme.

As for walking up, well I guess that will also be stopped for a few hours although some locals will more than likely be able to find ways and means to gain a vantage point.

Venue Cymru will be selling tickets but when I called in this afternoon the lady at the Box Office knew nothing about it but, apparently, I wasn’t the first to ask about tickets.  *&(

Offline Michael

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #1627 on: September 22, 2011, 08:54:21 pm »
Llechwedd----- you must have a sight problem, or a counting problem. Twice you counted 35 wind turbines.  Seeing double perhaps?   Maybe they might even have been turning!!

Offline Dave

« Reply #1628 on: September 22, 2011, 09:00:22 pm »
I can't see any way that the general public can be denied access on foot on to the Gt Orme, then it's just a case of finding a good spot to watch from. What date in November does the rally take place ?

Offline Bri Roberts

« Reply #1629 on: September 22, 2011, 09:03:03 pm »
Thursday afternoon, 10 November 2011.

Offline Jack

« Reply #1630 on: September 22, 2011, 09:05:25 pm »
What date in November does the rally take place ?

The Cambrian rally is on 8th October around the Orme.
The WRC rally is November 10th.

Offline Merddin Emrys

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #1631 on: September 22, 2011, 10:41:26 pm »
Have you any suggestions, wrex, as to how and where to watch the Wales Rally GB around the Great Orme in November?

The organisers are charging spectators a hefty £20 per person plus another £5 to park their car up on the Great Orme.

I was really looking forward to this, but there is no way I would pay £45 to see it (2 of us plus parking)
A pigeon is for life not just Christmas

Offline DaveR

• Administrator
« Reply #1632 on: September 22, 2011, 11:01:30 pm »
There's no way they can enforce it, there are many hidden ways up on to the Orme...  ;)

Offline Bri Roberts

« Reply #1633 on: September 23, 2011, 03:14:30 am »
I was really looking forward to this, but there is no way I would pay £45 to see it (2 of us plus parking)

An alternative is to use the Park and Ride from Bodafon Fields but that will still cost £2 per person and that will only save you one pound, Merddin.

Because of the pricing, I agree with DaveR and a great many spectators will find their own way up, over and down the Great Orme to watch the event, which is exactly what CCBC will not want.

Offline Dave

« Reply #1634 on: September 23, 2011, 11:48:01 am »
Other than having an army of marshals ( which would cost a fortune anyway) there is no way that access on foot could be prevented as there are far too many access points. I doubt that legally it could be enforced either, the council might be able to close the road but not all the public footpaths across the Gt Orme. I guess they will just have to settle for what they can get from those not prepared or able to walk.