Author Topic: What's Llandudno Like Right Now?  (Read 2662963 times)

Offline Trojan

Re: What's Llandudno Like Right Now?
« Reply #1350 on: July 21, 2011, 01:07:55 pm »
I note that Cafe Culture on Mostyn Street  were recently refused Planning Permission to have strip lighting along the top of their signage. I can't see quite why this would be refused, being as practically every other shop in the area has illuminated signage? I understand that the chip shop next door (under same ownership) has also been refused permission. How odd?

I think some mannequin dummies wearing lighted miners helmets, strategically placed above the verandah may sway the council.  8)

Offline DaveR

• Administrator
« Reply #1351 on: July 21, 2011, 01:20:39 pm »
I note that Cafe Culture on Mostyn Street  were recently refused Planning Permission to have strip lighting along the top of their signage. I can't see quite why this would be refused, being as practically every other shop in the area has illuminated signage? I understand that the chip shop next door (under same ownership) has also been refused permission. How odd?

I think some mannequin dummies wearing lighted miners helmets, strategically placed above the verandah may sway the council.  8)
I now understand that the refusal of Planning Permission applies not just to the proposed lighting but to the signage itself.

Offline Trojan

« Reply #1352 on: July 21, 2011, 01:52:23 pm »

I now understand that the refusal of Planning Permission applies not just to the proposed lighting but to the signage itself.

What's wrong with the sinage?  :-X

Offline Merddin Emrys

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #1353 on: July 21, 2011, 01:54:27 pm »
[]
Just looking at their UK website. The main model, the i2, has a 24 mile range and top speed of 12.5mph. Would be ideal for the cycle track along the Prom!
http://www.segway-uk.net/index.php?option=com_content&view=section&layout=blog&id=1&Itemid=5

I can't get that page to load up for some reason, I still can't see why they are not legal here, when disabled buggies are allowed

'The Highway Act of 1835 renders the Segway PT illegal in the UK on pavements. They cannot be used where bicycles can (even electric bicycles) because they do not have pedals - and they cannot be used on the road as a motor vehicle because they do not meet any kind of permitted type approval in the UK. The only place they CAN be used is on private property (and only with the land owner's permission).'

http://www.legalisesegways.co.uk/

they seem to me to be ideal for the prom etc

A pigeon is for life not just Christmas

Offline Merddin Emrys

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #1354 on: July 21, 2011, 02:02:59 pm »
I've just looked on Ebay at Segways and they are not cheap :o I would not want to leave it anywhere at these prices!

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Black-Segway-i2-Transporter-bonus-brand-new-fast-ship-/180696528979?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item2a125a3853

Offline Yorkie

« Reply #1355 on: July 21, 2011, 02:12:19 pm »
I thought the blonde came with it!    L0L

Nearer to £5k in the UK!   Lot of money for a couple of gyroscopes!     >>>
Wise men have something to say.
Fools have to say something.
Cicero

Offline Fester

• Ad Free Member.
  • El Baldito
« Reply #1356 on: July 21, 2011, 11:08:02 pm »

There is absolutely NOTHING wrong with the signage at either Cafe Culture or the Chippie next door.
It is tasteful, in keeping with the conservation area, and unobtrusive.
Methinks that someone is being victimised... :-X :-X
Fester...
- Semper in Excretum, Sole Profundum Variat -

Offline Trojan

« Reply #1357 on: July 22, 2011, 12:42:13 am »

There is absolutely NOTHING wrong with the signage at either Cafe Culture or the Chippie next door.
It is tasteful, in keeping with the conservation area, and unobtrusive.
Methinks that someone is being victimised... :-X :-X

What again?  :o

Offline DaveR

• Administrator
« Reply #1358 on: July 22, 2011, 09:06:59 am »
BT are upgrading the Llandudno Exchange to enable Broadband speeds of up to 20Mbps.

Offline Bri Roberts

• Management board member
« Reply #1359 on: July 22, 2011, 09:17:22 am »
Yes, I have just read that news in today's edition of the Daily Post but it doesn't say when.

Does anybody know the answer?

Offline DaveR

• Administrator
« Reply #1360 on: July 22, 2011, 09:30:13 am »
Yes, I have just read that news in today's edition of the Daily Post but it doesn't say when.

Does anybody know the answer?
Will be upgraded by next Spring.

Offline Merddin Emrys

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #1361 on: July 22, 2011, 10:00:31 am »
What about Rhos on Sea exchange (which serves Penrhyn Bay) ?

Offline DaveR

• Administrator
« Reply #1362 on: July 22, 2011, 10:02:42 am »
No upgrade, as of yet. I get over 8Mbps in Colwyn Bay (which uses the Rhos exchange) and I find that more than enough.

Offline Merddin Emrys

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #1363 on: July 22, 2011, 10:16:37 am »
No upgrade, as of yet. I get over 8Mbps in Colwyn Bay (which uses the Rhos exchange) and I find that more than enough.

We can only dream of such exotic speeds here in Penrhyn Bay!  currently it's 3.2Mbps which is not too bad for here!

Offline SDQ

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #1364 on: July 22, 2011, 11:02:09 am »
No such luck where I live, 0.5Mbps and fingers crossed the signal holds long enough for me to get my online business done before it drops off.  :rage:
Valar Morghulis