Author Topic: What's Llandudno Like Right Now?  (Read 2647915 times)

Offline Merddin Emrys

• Ad Free Member
Re: What's Llandudno Like Right Now?
« Reply #1050 on: May 20, 2011, 03:53:05 pm »
I've not read the report, but before we bought our property in Penrhyn Bay we rejected several as a result of looking at the flood map!

A pigeon is for life not just Christmas

Offline DaveR

• Administrator
« Reply #1051 on: May 20, 2011, 06:07:36 pm »
I noticed that one of the empty shops in Madoc Street has been taken and is to become ACME Games.

Offline Paddy

« Reply #1052 on: May 21, 2011, 03:12:52 am »
I noticed that one of the empty shops in Madoc Street has been taken and is to become ACME Games.

Dave, they used to be next to Molly's Cafe on Augusta St. so that unit is now empty!

Offline wrex

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #1053 on: May 21, 2011, 08:54:57 am »
  :) It is nice to see all the big works going on in Colwyn Bay,it needs regenerating so good luck,what alarmed me was the plans for their railway station as ours is still not finalised,i have a horrible feeling that Llandudno;s station is going to be sacrificed to the fund the Bays new station. :-[

Offline DaveR

• Administrator
« Reply #1054 on: May 22, 2011, 10:58:39 am »
It's utter chaos in town at the moment - nobody has any idea which way they are supposed to go by car. Roads seem to be closed entirely at random, people are just driving around trying to work out which way they are supposed to go. This race, without a doubt, has been very badly organised.

Offline wrex

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #1055 on: May 22, 2011, 11:32:41 am »
 :)Just had a little stroll down the prom,i noticed that our little patch of beach by the cenotaph is still covered in stones ,seaweed and litter,while sat in the CCBC HUT NEXT TO THE CENOTAPH is a member of CCBC staff reading a paper ,what a shame he does;nt have a rack then he could rack that small patch each morning looking for litter,glass etc.There is no will power with CCBC to look after the North shore,pour some West Shore sand on our beach and not R O S LIKE THEY HAVE.Does anyone remember CCBC buying a machine too clean the beaches at a great cost to us,where is it ? :rage:   

Offline Ian

• Administrator
« Reply #1056 on: May 22, 2011, 11:44:28 am »
This race, without a doubt, has been very badly organised.

I'm not sure organisation and Cabinet decisions occupy any mutual ground. In fact, to judge from today, I suspect the entire concept of organisation is anathema to the council cabinet.
Nothing is so firmly believed as that which we least know.  ― Michel de Montaigne

Si hoc legere scis, nimis eruditionis habes.

Offline Nemesis

• Management board member
« Reply #1057 on: May 22, 2011, 01:37:40 pm »
Just returned from a stroll as far as the middle of the pier. The whole place is chaos, I counted about 3 people on the prom, not many on the pier and the town is jammed with motorists being turned back and forth. One man got out of his car by the Empire and said to the marshall standing there "How the F***** ing H*** am I supposed to get out of this god-forsaken place". Excellent for tourism :roll:
Poor Fester is twiddling his thumbs in his shop-- perhaps a claim to the Council for loss of buisness could be the order of the day !!

I can see a punch up before today is over. These race people haven't a clue what they are doing . >>>
Mad, Bad and Dangerous to know.

Offline Merddin Emrys

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #1058 on: May 22, 2011, 01:54:07 pm »
sounds like the same organisers who tried organising a drinking session in a brewery ;D

Offline DaveR

• Administrator
« Reply #1059 on: May 22, 2011, 02:58:24 pm »
Looking at the race route, you do have to wonder how anyone thought it could not cause major disruption in the town? We did predict it on here after all! Surely CCBC must have looked at the proposed route and said "Sorry, you'll have to rethink this, it will cause too much disruption'? There certainly needs to be a major rethink before any similar race is allowed again.

Offline TheMedz

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #1060 on: May 22, 2011, 08:02:45 pm »
Nice weather currently but the met office have issued a "be aware" warning for Northern England and Wales for tomorrow (it was "be prepared" and for Tuesday morning as well but they've scaled it down a bit) and we are just on the southern edge so keep your fingers crossed.
http://www.metoffice.gov.uk/weather/uk/wl/wl_forecast_warnings.html?day=2

Offline Fester

• Ad Free Member.
  • El Baldito
« Reply #1061 on: May 22, 2011, 09:57:22 pm »
With regard to the Race event today... after 5 fruitless hours supposedly 'working', I finally admitted defeat and asked Mrs Fester to drive down and pick me up to go home.

Well, that was as stressful as anything else has been today.

She tried to get from Asda to the Pier, a half hour nightmare... during which she encountered many 'road rage' type incidents of people going berserk at Marshalls and each other.

Then, as we tried to go up Ty Gwyn road...(our only route home) ..a Marshall said, 'Sorry, you can't go up there..please park up over there''

After getting the sharp end of my tongue...Mrs F had no choice but to blatantly ignore him... and drive up Ty Gwyn Road.

Today was a write-off business wise (at least for many) .. and an unmitigated disaster in terms of organisation.

Fester...
- Semper in Excretum, Sole Profundum Variat -

Offline Merddin Emrys

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #1062 on: May 22, 2011, 10:16:21 pm »
I was wondering why these runners coudn't have run several times up and down the promenade to avoid road closures?

Offline DaveR

• Administrator
« Reply #1063 on: May 23, 2011, 08:15:23 am »
Good point!

Offline Llechwedd

• Sixer
« Reply #1064 on: May 23, 2011, 12:50:57 pm »
As this town drpends on tourism why on earth wssn't the Tourist Information Office open on Sunday?  There were piles of confused people going up to the Library doors and walking away disgusted.  You'd think in the summer they would open. :(