Author Topic: What's Llandudno Like Right Now?  (Read 2647904 times)

Offline Ian

• Administrator
Re: What's Llandudno Like Right Now?
« Reply #1020 on: April 29, 2011, 07:48:47 pm »
I'm currently thinking of  turning right at the Empire and then onto Church Walks or Abbey Road going over the railway bridge and out?

The trickiest bit is Gloddaeth Ave if they have the transport parade at that time.  But I doubt 10 or 3 will be that bad.
Nothing is so firmly believed as that which we least know.  ― Michel de Montaigne

Si hoc legere scis, nimis eruditionis habes.

Offline Nemesis

• Management board member
« Reply #1021 on: April 29, 2011, 09:39:11 pm »
I need to go parental visiting and get onto the A55 either around 10am tomorrow morning or afternoon around 3pm. Any suggestions re what the best way out onto the A55 from the Orme will be tomorrow at these times ? I'm currently thinking of  turning right at the Empire and then onto Church Walks or Abbey Road going over the railway bridge and out? Any alternative suggestions gratefully accepted.

So long as you use Church Walks or Abbey Road at the times you suggest and you are prepared to joust for a passing place you should be OK.
Mad, Bad and Dangerous to know.

Offline Yorkie

« Reply #1022 on: April 29, 2011, 09:45:00 pm »
At 10.00 you could go round Marine Drive, along West Shore and then into Bryniau Road.
Wise men have something to say.
Fools have to say something.
Cicero

Offline Fester

• Ad Free Member.
  • El Baldito
« Reply #1023 on: April 29, 2011, 11:59:55 pm »
;D "Parts of central Mostyn Street will be closed overnight from 7pm to 7am, for two nights starting 4th May, to allow resurfacing work to take place."

What, after they've buried Kate and William?  WWW $walesflag$

Mean spirited Micox,  very mean spirited.
Fester...
- Semper in Excretum, Sole Profundum Variat -

Offline wrex

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #1024 on: April 30, 2011, 07:53:43 am »
 8) Im very interested in CCBC approach to the coach situation in town,we know they have scrapped security and now the gates have to be left open due to the death of a young boy with simlar gates in Manchester,god nows where they are putting all the daytrip coaches this weekend because they have filled Builders st with ccbc skips and veichles.I know they are refitting the tin shed on Broadway but if it is not open why have they not put temporay units there for this weekend,i know CCBC put all their efforts and resources into Colwyn Bay Prom day and charge Llandudno for it. If any one gets a chance especially on sunday and Monday drive past Builders st mid afternoon too see where these coaches park im baffled unless they send them out of town somewhere. Z**

Offline wrex

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #1025 on: April 30, 2011, 08:01:26 am »
 ;) Don;t forget that ther is a special steam engine pulling into Llandudno station at lunch time bringing extravaganza supporters into town from the West Midlands,actually i think it is being pulled by two steam engines,how nice that will look. Z**

Offline Ian

• Administrator
« Reply #1026 on: April 30, 2011, 08:05:02 am »
How's it all going, Wrex?  Any problems?
Nothing is so firmly believed as that which we least know.  ― Michel de Montaigne

Si hoc legere scis, nimis eruditionis habes.

Offline Bri Roberts

« Reply #1027 on: April 30, 2011, 09:08:10 am »
wrex, coaches usually park free all day in either the disused Halfords car park or in the cul-de-sac by the fire exit of Queen Elizabeth Court.

I cannot understand why CCBC cannot hold their Prom Day in Colwyn Bay on Whit Monday when there is never anything on.

Offline Bri Roberts

« Reply #1028 on: April 30, 2011, 09:33:43 am »
BTW, Colwyn Bay are playing FC United in the Evo-stik play-off final at 3pm on Monday afternoon with a full house of 2,000 spectators expected.

With that and the Colwyn Bay Prom Day, it will be very busy over there.

Offline wrex

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #1029 on: May 01, 2011, 05:41:58 pm »
 ZXZ Packed too the rafters ,that;s what LLandudno like right now,and how nice too see. Z**

Offline DaveR

• Administrator
« Reply #1030 on: May 01, 2011, 06:10:01 pm »
ZXZ Packed too the rafters ,that;s what LLandudno like right now,and how nice too see. Z**
I was saying just the same thing to a local shop owner yesterday.  ;D

Offline Trojan

« Reply #1031 on: May 01, 2011, 09:25:09 pm »
BTW, Colwyn Bay are playing FC United in the Evo-stik play-off final at 3pm on Monday afternoon with a full house of 2,000 spectators expected.

With that and the Colwyn Bay Prom Day, it will be very busy over there.

Sounds like it will be a good game. I bet they'll be stuck like glue to their seats.  8)

Offline Merddin Emrys

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #1032 on: May 01, 2011, 09:42:39 pm »
 L0L  get a grip man  ;D
A pigeon is for life not just Christmas

Offline Trojan

« Reply #1033 on: May 02, 2011, 04:26:06 am »
L0L  get a grip man  ;D

I think we've just bonded Merddyn.  Z**

Offline Nemesis

« Reply #1034 on: May 03, 2011, 10:38:08 am »
;) Don;t forget that ther is a special steam engine pulling into Llandudno station at lunch time bringing extravaganza supporters into town from the West Midlands,actually i think it is being pulled by two steam engines,how nice that will look. Z**

Someone raised the subject of how the steam trains turn round.
My very knowledgeable neighbour has furnished me with this info.

It was simpler in the old days they would go to the turntable

Yes they have to go to Holyhead where there is a system for them to go in a loop to come back.

On Saturday the 2 steam loco’s were pulling the train to Junction.   At Junction one was released and placed at the end of the train so on arrival at Llandudno – one loco pulling and one at the back pushing.

The one at the back reversed out of Llandudno with the carriages the one at the front reversed to a set of points onto another line.   Then the carriages were pushed back into Llandudno and the 2 loco’s went off to Holyhead and round the loop – facing the Junction.    At Junction they would then reverse to Llandudno to attach to the carriages.     So when they left they were both pulling the carriages.

With a diesel they have a driving cab at each end. 

A friend who loves ‘diesels’ calls these steam trains ‘kettles’ and on the way back to the West Midland they caused 6 lineside fires.

Mad, Bad and Dangerous to know.