Author Topic: What's Llandudno Like Right Now?  (Read 2613014 times)

Offline JasonW

• Jason Weyman Blog
Re: What's Llandudno Like Right Now?
« Reply #630 on: February 08, 2011, 06:37:50 pm »
Planning Application tomorrow:
Code Ref: 0/37261 - 1. Change of use of Retail Shop to Restaurant and Take-Away 2. External alterations (rear yard flue installation & works to frontage) 3. Use of area under canopy for the siting of table and chairs for dining 135 Upper Mostyn Street, Llandudno.

I visted the site today and it is on the agenda for tomorrow's Planning Committee.
I was just wondering what local views were of the application to change the use to a Fish & Chips/Pizza Restuarant and Shop.

I have my views, but would be interested in Forum members views before tomorrows meeting, as I know Upper Mostyn St is mentoined quite regularly on the Forum.

Full report can be found here: http://modgoveng.conwy.gov.uk/ieListDocuments.aspx?CId=205&MId=2371&Ver=4

Offline DaveR

• Administrator
« Reply #631 on: February 08, 2011, 06:52:33 pm »
The old Merediths Goth Shop. If done properly, and run properly, I don't think there will be a problem.

One question would be...the area under the canopy outside - would those tables/chairs be for the use of Restaurant customers only or for people buying Takeaway Fish & Chips also? I think it would be desirable to make it for Restaurant customers only, myself, so to avoid potential litter problems.

One other things I just thought of...the shop would look a lot better if the canopy had its glazing reinstated - much more in keeping with the other properties.
« Last Edit: February 08, 2011, 06:56:56 pm by DaveR »

brumbob

« Reply #632 on: February 08, 2011, 07:02:45 pm »
mmmm, a street full of eateries  Z**
It doesn't look like Mrs Lyons is happy though

Offline Blongb

• Management board member
  • I love living in Llandudno.
« Reply #633 on: February 08, 2011, 08:04:43 pm »
Its time our Councillors faced reality. Upper Mostyn Street is one of the few areas of Llandudno that works. Yes there are a lot of eating and Drinking establishments there but that’s because there is a demand for them. I read through the list of objections on the planning website and if that is all they can come up with I can’t see it being refused. What's better a vibrant restaurant / takeaway business or an empty retail unit?  ZXZ
Quot homines tot sententiae: suus cuique mos.
(There are as many opinions as there are people: each has his own view.)

Offline JasonW

• Jason Weyman Blog
« Reply #634 on: February 08, 2011, 08:43:28 pm »
Its time our Councillors faced reality. Upper Mostyn Street is one of the few areas of Llandudno that works. Yes there are a lot of eating and Drinking establishments there but that’s because there is a demand for them. I read through the list of objections on the planning website and if that is all they can come up with I can’t see it being refused. What's better a vibrant restaurant / takeaway business or an empty retail unit?  ZXZ

Thanks for the feedback so far.
I should have said that I am on the Planning Committee, and hence will be voting on the decision tomorrow.

The problem with Planning Applications is that we are usually presented with list of complaints but rarely see letters or views from those who support the applcation. Hence my attempt to get some views.

The site vist today raised some concerns amongst some councillors about the suitability of the building to convert.

Offline Barbiroli

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #635 on: February 08, 2011, 09:38:17 pm »
Just passed an accident on Conway Road. in the same spot as the other fatal accidents took place. there was an ambulance there but the car did`nt look too bad.

brumbob

« Reply #636 on: February 09, 2011, 07:32:13 am »
there was an ambulance there but the car did`nt look too bad.
was the ambulance badly damaged?

Offline DaveR

• Administrator
« Reply #637 on: February 09, 2011, 10:27:39 am »
I see the idea of making Ball & Boyd into an Indoor Market has been revived again - a Planning application went in 2 weeks ago.

Offline Fester

• Ad Free Member.
  • El Baldito
« Reply #638 on: February 09, 2011, 10:46:52 am »
It will be a disaster.

Last year I considered getting involved,  this year I've wised up!

Fester...
- Semper in Excretum, Sole Profundum Variat -

Offline JasonW

• Jason Weyman Blog
« Reply #639 on: February 09, 2011, 05:39:02 pm »
Planning Application tomorrow:
Code Ref: 0/37261 - 1. Change of use of Retail Shop to Restaurant and Take-Away 2. External alterations (rear yard flue installation & works to frontage) 3. Use of area under canopy for the siting of table and chairs for dining 135 Upper Mostyn Street, Llandudno.

I visted the site today and it is on the agenda for tomorrow's Planning Committee.
I was just wondering what local views were of the application to change the use to a Fish & Chips/Pizza Restuarant and Shop.

I have my views, but would be interested in Forum members views before tomorrows meeting, as I know Upper Mostyn St is mentoined quite regularly on the Forum.

Full report can be found here: http://modgoveng.conwy.gov.uk/ieListDocuments.aspx?CId=205&MId=2371&Ver=4

Application Approved

Offline TheMedz

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #640 on: February 09, 2011, 08:34:24 pm »
We went for a walk to Angel Bay this afternoon and there must have been about 12 to 15 seals either on shore ,coming ashore or out in the water. The seals in the water included 4 seals who were obviously 2 pairs playing in the really mild sea. Must have been such a relief after the battering of the last few days.

Offline Merddin Emrys

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #641 on: February 09, 2011, 08:54:01 pm »
typical, we live very near there and missed seeing them, most times that we visit Angel Bay we see no seals at all
A pigeon is for life not just Christmas

Offline DaveR

• Administrator
« Reply #642 on: February 11, 2011, 06:41:33 pm »
Something going on by the Regency Royal Hotel in Craig Y Don. The Prom is closed and there are several fire engines and other emergency services vehicles there.

Offline Merddin Emrys

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #643 on: February 11, 2011, 06:45:13 pm »
earlier on this afternoon the police helecoptor was circling over Penrhyn Bay and the Little Orme
A pigeon is for life not just Christmas

Offline Nemesis

• Management board member
« Reply #644 on: February 11, 2011, 09:22:44 pm »
It was over the top of Upper .Mostyn St and Gloddaeth as well
Mad, Bad and Dangerous to know.