Author Topic: What's Llandudno Like Right Now?  (Read 2665441 times)

Offline Michael

• Ad Free Member
Re: What's Llandudno Like Right Now?
« Reply #6450 on: July 20, 2015, 08:27:28 pm »
  Drug dealers have a vehicle of choice? I didn't know that. But then again as far as I know I don't know any drug dealers, so I would be hard put to know what they drive.

Offline Bri Roberts

• Management board member
« Reply #6451 on: July 22, 2015, 07:58:23 am »
I was woken up at 5.24am this morning by what I think was a police helicopter arriving over C-y-D and circling around several times for six minutes.

Does anybody know what was going on so early?

Offline wrex

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #6452 on: July 22, 2015, 08:37:19 am »
Dreaming Bri

Offline Fester

• Ad Free Member.
  • El Baldito
« Reply #6453 on: July 23, 2015, 12:05:14 pm »
I was woken up at 5.24am this morning by what I think was a police helicopter arriving over C-y-D and circling around several times for six minutes.

Does anybody know what was going on so early?

Hey Bri, it was nice chatting with you and Mrs R last night.... interesting stuff!    *&(
Fester...
- Semper in Excretum, Sole Profundum Variat -

Offline Bri Roberts

« Reply #6454 on: July 23, 2015, 02:30:04 pm »
It certainly was, Fester.

You were very busy when we walked past earlier and so was the pier itself.

I am sure I saw John Craven intervewing your new landlord, Mr Adam Williams, further down with the cameras rolling. $good$

That should eventually prove to be good publicity for the town.

Offline Fester

• Ad Free Member.
  • El Baldito
« Reply #6455 on: July 23, 2015, 04:45:25 pm »
Yes Bri.
BBC Countryfile filming on the Pier today.
The programme itself goes out in about 2 weeks.

The Pier was indeed very busy today, and about time too!

However, just how DEAD was town last night?
I stayed out until 10pm,  there was not a soul in Fountains as I went home, (but 5 staff)
Gresham and Lilly were closing up at 10pm.  Truly shocking.
Cooney's had 3 locals and 4 visitors in...... the visitors were 4 ladies from Stoke, who asked me where the best and busiest pubs were in the town.
Sadly, I had to inform them that they were IN THEM!!   
I took some pictures of the area at 10pm, but I know no one is really interested.
Fester...

Offline Bri Roberts

« Reply #6456 on: July 23, 2015, 05:04:26 pm »
It is a coincidence you saying that about Fountains later last night because I happened to comment to Mrs R that Fountains was absolutely empty both inside and out around midday today when we passed.

Mind you, so were most other places in Upper Mostyn Street around that time.

Worrying times.

Offline born2run

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #6457 on: July 24, 2015, 12:25:10 pm »
It is a coincidence you saying that about Fountains later last night because I happened to comment to Mrs R that Fountains was absolutely empty both inside and out around midday today when we passed.

Mind you, so were most other places in Upper Mostyn Street around that time.

Worrying times.

More worrying is look at the ages of those that go out on weeknights and before 9pm
Mainly old people - the younger generation only go out on Saturdays after 9 - they can't afford to do anything else.
There won't be any 'pubs' left by the time I'm Fester's age (40/50 years)

Worrying times

Offline Fester

• Ad Free Member.
  • El Baldito
« Reply #6458 on: July 24, 2015, 11:48:11 pm »
I spoke to the General Manager of a large hotel adjacent to the Grand Ash today.

He told me that many of the new 'residents' of The Grand Ash were leaving vehicles permanently on the double yellow lines outside.
So, urged by his own guest's complaints, he asked the Traffic Warden directly why nothing was being done.

The answer is truly shocking, and I have no reason to doubt the accuracy of what he says.

The Warden said he had been instructed to steer clear of that issue, and ignore the vehicles outside that establishment as his suoeriors had no wish to get involved in a messy or costly RACISM claim.    :o :o

This needs clarifying, investigating and sorting out immediately.   
Fester...

Offline Bosun

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #6460 on: July 25, 2015, 08:14:15 am »
I spoke to the General Manager of a large hotel adjacent to the Grand Ash today.

He told me that many of the new 'residents' of The Grand Ash were leaving vehicles permanently on the double yellow lines outside.
So, urged by his own guest's complaints, he asked the Traffic Warden directly why nothing was being done.

The answer is truly shocking, and I have no reason to doubt the accuracy of what he says.

The Warden said he had been instructed to steer clear of that issue, and ignore the vehicles outside that establishment as his suoeriors had no wish to get involved in a messy or costly RACISM claim.    :o :o

This needs clarifying, investigating and sorting out immediately.   

Fester, can I ask if the warden spoken to was a North Wales Police Traffic Warden or a Conwy Council Warden/Enforcement Officer?
Being negative only makes a difficult journey more difficult. You may have been given a cactus, but you don't have to sit on it.

Offline Hugo

« Reply #6461 on: July 25, 2015, 02:59:04 pm »
If that is true about parking in front of the Grand Ash and after all you have heard it first hand then it is really disgusting.   What if the Travelling community or anyone else parked outside there what would the Wardens do then?   
It's discrimination of the wrong kind and unfair to the majority of motorists, whether we agree with the law or not.

Offline Ian

• Administrator
« Reply #6462 on: July 25, 2015, 03:37:38 pm »
If that is true about parking in front of the Grand Ash and after all you have heard it first hand then it is really disgusting.

That's a big 'If', Hugo. I find it extremely difficult to believe, frankly. And F didn't hear it first hand - he heard a third hand account from the Manager of a chat he'd had with a traffic warden. But this is easy to confirm, one way or another. 
Nothing is so firmly believed as that which we least know.  ― Michel de Montaigne

Si hoc legere scis, nimis eruditionis habes.

Offline Ian

• Administrator
« Reply #6463 on: July 25, 2015, 04:17:58 pm »
I've just come off the 'phone with several councillors and not one has any idea what this is about. The Dunoon hotel also denies knowing anything about it. More news if I get any, later.
Nothing is so firmly believed as that which we least know.  ― Michel de Montaigne

Si hoc legere scis, nimis eruditionis habes.

Offline Hugo

« Reply #6464 on: July 25, 2015, 04:48:56 pm »
I take it that the Bacon butty van won't be able to park outside all day then.