Author Topic: What's Llandudno Like Right Now?  (Read 2665425 times)

Offline born2run

• Ad Free Member
Re: What's Llandudno Like Right Now?
« Reply #5160 on: May 16, 2014, 02:24:50 pm »
Ran through Conwy before and it looked like big piles of imported sand being put down  :o

Offline norman08

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #5161 on: May 18, 2014, 01:22:09 pm »
went for a stroll on the prom last night walked back down mostyn street what a mess ,a saturday night and hardly a soul to be seen the place was filthy remember when the shops looked nice the paving slaps uneven and broken ,thought our councilors had set up a working party to see what requires doing. :rage:

Offline Nemesis

• Management board member
« Reply #5162 on: May 20, 2014, 04:16:57 pm »
DONT FORGET THE MEETING . 7PM VENUE CYMRU. TONIGHT
Mad, Bad and Dangerous to know.

Offline Fester

• Ad Free Member.
  • El Baldito
« Reply #5163 on: May 20, 2014, 06:59:45 pm »
There seems to be very strong polarised views on the beach subject.   Verging on the extreme in many cases.

I never seem to meet anyone who has a middle of the road view.
I expect the VC meeting could be a highly charged atmosphere.

Many people (and I include several Forum members) have dropped by whilst I have been 'working' and have almost gone into a rant on the subject.    I'm not sure that anyone has sufficient information to feel so strongly.

One thing I am certain of, is that CCBC won't have sufficient funds to undo the recent work on North Shore.
Fester...
- Semper in Excretum, Sole Profundum Variat -

Offline Yorkie

« Reply #5164 on: May 20, 2014, 07:49:32 pm »
Whether we like it or not, I think that sea defence work on North Shore is essential, and the Central Government powers that be must have employed experienced sea defence engineers to suggest the method of so doing.   I have to rely on he experts and am generally happy to do so.

We have had floods in Llandudno in the past caused by ingress of the sea.  If we have them again, without the sea defences in place , the same people will then complain that the defences should have been built!   Damned if one does and damned if one doesn't.
 WWW  WWW  WWW
Wise men have something to say.
Fools have to say something.
Cicero

Offline wrex

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #5165 on: May 20, 2014, 09:52:57 pm »
Lots of people at the meeting,lots of interesting views,not sure what was achieved but at least we may get the beach cleaned.

Online Bri Roberts

« Reply #5166 on: May 20, 2014, 09:58:05 pm »
Congratulations to the Great Orme Family Golf for winning Trip Advisor’s 2014 Certificate of Excellence.  &well&

Offline llewelyn

« Reply #5167 on: May 20, 2014, 10:24:46 pm »
What beach, feel depressed its like plaiting fog.................... ???

Offline Hugo

« Reply #5168 on: May 20, 2014, 10:34:45 pm »
Whether we like it or not, I think that sea defence work on North Shore is essential, and the Central Government powers that be must have employed experienced sea defence engineers to suggest the method of so doing.   I have to rely on he experts and am generally happy to do so.

We have had floods in Llandudno in the past caused by ingress of the sea.  If we have them again, without the sea defences in place , the same people will then complain that the defences should have been built!   Damned if one does and damned if one doesn't.
 WWW  WWW  WWW

I suppose that they employed  experienced sea defence engineers for the West Shore too and just look what happened!     You mentioned that we have had floods in Llandudno in the past caused by ingress of the sea but I've lived in the area since 1946 and I can't remember any, but please correct me if I am wrong and the floods of 1993 were caused by a freak rainfall, not the sea.

Offline snowcap

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #5169 on: May 20, 2014, 10:38:03 pm »
just watched it on the news, any members on ?

Offline Yorkie

« Reply #5170 on: May 21, 2014, 08:10:33 am »

I suppose that they employed  experienced sea defence engineers for the West Shore too and just look what happened!     You mentioned that we have had floods in Llandudno in the past caused by ingress of the sea but I've lived in the area since 1946 and I can't remember any, but please correct me if I am wrong and the floods of 1993 were caused by a freak rainfall, not the sea.

Not going to argue with a man who knows!   >>>
Wise men have something to say.
Fools have to say something.
Cicero

Offline Nemesis

« Reply #5171 on: May 21, 2014, 08:26:04 am »
Ian Turner and Greg Robbins spoke well. I felt that the others seemed out of their depth faced with such a volume of angry people.
Mad, Bad and Dangerous to know.

Offline suepp

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #5172 on: May 21, 2014, 01:28:27 pm »
Its a shame the work seemed to take the locals by surprise which suggests a lack of consultation or any  proposal of the alternatives. To me the work carried out seems to be enormously expensive as some sort of quick fix solution or a knee jerk response to  predictions of high tides to come

Offline born2run

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #5173 on: May 21, 2014, 01:36:29 pm »
So.... is anything at all going to come from the meeting? Or was it, as I suspect, a complete waste of time. Save for Ian Turner getting himself some more attention

Offline Ian

• Administrator
« Reply #5174 on: May 21, 2014, 01:45:57 pm »
Its a shame the work seemed to take the locals by surprise which suggests a lack of consultation or any  proposal of the alternatives.

It might be interesting to find out exactly who on CCBC was consulted, and who on CCBC was taken by surprise by the outcome.  It's been my experience that you'll often find those responsible for something claim they had "no idea it would be like that" after the event.
Nothing is so firmly believed as that which we least know.  ― Michel de Montaigne

Si hoc legere scis, nimis eruditionis habes.