Author Topic: What's Llandudno Like Right Now?  (Read 2664882 times)

Offline Nemesis

• Management board member
Re: What's Llandudno Like Right Now?
« Reply #3360 on: January 03, 2013, 01:09:39 pm »
Embellish his front????
Whooo--- the mind boggles ! _))* _))* _))*
Mad, Bad and Dangerous to know.

Offline Yorkie

« Reply #3361 on: January 03, 2013, 01:23:57 pm »
Unfortunately, such a petition would result in the Town Council being dissolved.... permanently. Without there being any sort of replacement body solely dedicated to Llandudno, this would not be a good thing.

Not from what I understand.  See www.onevoicewales.gov.uk unless I have misunderstood it.
 $walesflag$
Wise men have something to say.
Fools have to say something.
Cicero

Offline wrex

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #3362 on: January 03, 2013, 01:31:16 pm »
Talk about a storm in a tea cup,just a shame there where no women taking part in the streak.

Offline dwsi

« Reply #3363 on: January 03, 2013, 03:27:44 pm »
A seaside town's mayor says a pair of skinny dippers who joined in an annual Boxing Day charity swim spoiled the event for many people.

Dozens of swimmers took part in the annual Llandudno dip watched by a large crowd off the resort's North Shore.

But mayor Myra Wigzell said two swimmers were naked which led some parents to hurry their children away.

Police are studying CCTV to identify the naked swimmers and say officers will attend next year as a precaution.

Ms Wigzell, who was at the swim, says it is a family event and the actions of the pair were in "extremely bad taste".

One of them felt it necessary on the way out to extend or embellish his front with what appeared to be a long sock”

"It's always been excellent fun with lots of people dressing up," she said. The event has grown over the years and is looked forward to by everybody in the area and they often take the whole family out on Boxing Day to witness it.

"Unfortunately this year two people took it into their heads to skinny dip... which was unpleasant really.

"But the worst aspect of it was that one of them felt it necessary on the way out to extend or embellish his front with what appeared to be a long sock which made it into an even more unpleasant breach of public decency."

She said a lot of people attended the event and many probably would not have noticed what had happened.

"But some of the parents and grandparents who had their children with them who realised what was happening, I was told they hurried them away," she said.

"It really wasn't the sort of thing you wish to expose your children and grandchildren to in what was something that was supposed to be a pleasant event in the town."

She said it was probably intended as a "high-spirited prank" but the naked swimmers did not realise how inappropriate their actions were.

North Wales Police said the skinny dippers did not appear to be official swimmers but had just joined in.

Insp Ian Verburg said: "We are looking to find out who these individuals were by studying CCTV.

"It doesn't seem like they were part of the official group taking part in this charity event.

"There haven't been any official complaints but I will make sure there's a police presence at next year's event as a precaution."

The Boxing Day dip in Llandudno has been taking place for around 20 years and dozens of swimmers brave the water to raise money for charity.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-wales-north-west-wales-20897116

Daily Post article with a picture of the guilty party
http://www.dailypost.co.uk/news/north-wales-news/2013/01/03/police-investigate-naked-boxing-day-dipper-now-with-pic-55578-32539736/

Offline Nemesis

• Management board member
« Reply #3364 on: January 03, 2013, 05:31:10 pm »
Oh dear-- what a fuss.-- !
Mad, Bad and Dangerous to know.

Offline born2run

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #3365 on: January 03, 2013, 06:41:49 pm »
What a joke - if you want to talk about public decency start by banning the Sun's page 3 girls which are spread across "The nation's favorite paper" every day. But I don't see the police hunting these people out!

Offline DaveR

• Administrator
« Reply #3366 on: January 03, 2013, 06:59:24 pm »
Are the Page 3 girls showing their genitals, Born2Run?  ???

Offline Yorkie

« Reply #3367 on: January 03, 2013, 07:01:05 pm »
If the only person offended was " Her Majesty" The Mayor then it can hardly be called " an act of PUBLIC indecency"  and any self respecting Magistrate or Judge would throw it out of Court.  That is if the DPP prosecuted in the first place.   WWW

Are the Page 3 girls showing their genitals, Born2Run?  ???

I didn't see any genitalia in the video or still photographs, I think the lad covered himself with his hands whilst out of the water.  But then again someone will no doubt tell me I'm wrong, which seems to be a common occurrence on this. forum nowadays.   Y^^Y
Cicero

Offline martin

« Reply #3368 on: January 03, 2013, 07:54:46 pm »
Well said Yorkie. $good$

Offline born2run

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #3369 on: January 03, 2013, 07:56:00 pm »
I agree with Yorkie - I saw the video and their area was covered (albeit modestly)

Offline DaveR

• Administrator
« Reply #3370 on: January 03, 2013, 08:07:37 pm »
Remember, there was more than one lad. On the video I saw on Facebook, he certainly wasn't covered up as he was waving his arms about as he ran through the crowd.

Personally, I don't think it was that big a deal. If I had young kids though, I might not have been too happy. The difference with things like Page 3 girls, of course, is that you choose to look at them, whereas the Boxing Day Dip is a family event.

Offline Yorkie

« Reply #3371 on: January 03, 2013, 09:37:29 pm »
Remember, there was more than one lad. On the video I saw on Facebook, he certainly wasn't covered up as he was waving his arms about as he ran through the crowd.

Personally, I don't think it was that big a deal. If I had young kids though, I might not have been too happy. The difference with things like Page 3 girls, of course, is that you choose to look at them, whereas the Boxing Day Dip is a family event.

The second lad had a sock covering his penis which has been mentioned in reports, except that for the sake of PC the word penis has benn omitted.     L0L
Cicero

Offline DaveR

• Administrator
« Reply #3372 on: January 03, 2013, 10:02:34 pm »
You seem to have studied the matter closely, Yorkie.  :laugh:

Offline Yorkie

« Reply #3373 on: January 03, 2013, 10:07:57 pm »
You seem to have studied the matter closely, Yorkie.  :laugh:

I have indeed, but possibly no closer than MISS Mayor who it must have got one hellova surprise!  With or without a stocking over the protuberance.  _))*
Cicero

Offline wrex

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #3374 on: January 04, 2013, 07:56:02 am »
Now we have a debate,naked bathing,naturists pound,that is a good idea,now we have seen one willy on the beach we may as well see more,im sure there are lots of naked people looking for somewhere to go in N Wales.