Author Topic: What's Llandudno Like Right Now?  (Read 2664326 times)

Offline Fester

• Ad Free Member.
  • El Baldito
Re: What's Llandudno Like Right Now?
« Reply #3345 on: December 30, 2012, 05:10:21 pm »
What is Llandudno like right now?

Windy,  hellishly windy.... thats what!  :(
Fester...
- Semper in Excretum, Sole Profundum Variat -

Offline born2run

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #3346 on: December 30, 2012, 07:29:41 pm »
Must be terrible your hair getting blown about and such  ;D

Offline Yorkie

« Reply #3347 on: December 30, 2012, 07:49:13 pm »

Enough to make one think about moving to warmer climes.   
$eu $sunny$ $sunny$ $sunny$

Portugal looks good.  :D
Wise men have something to say.
Fools have to say something.
Cicero

Offline wrex

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #3348 on: December 31, 2012, 09:18:31 am »
The town council have very kindly offered to sponsor your move to Portugal Yorkie the only problem is they are useing the decorative lighting budget to do it,so they get rid of you and have no money for xmas lights so they wind me up. >>>

Offline DaveR

• Administrator
« Reply #3349 on: December 31, 2012, 10:04:07 am »
There was a nasty car crash yesterday afternoon in Trinity Square, two cars involved and fire service was there.

Offline Yorkie

« Reply #3350 on: December 31, 2012, 11:35:17 am »
The town council have very kindly offered to sponsor your move to Portugal Yorkie the only problem is they are useing the decorative lighting budget to do it,so they get rid of you and have no money for xmas lights so they wind me up. >>>

In that case, Wrex, I better hang around at least until Xmas 2013, then they will have no excuse to offer for the lack of suitable illuminations for the festivities.
 :D
Cicero

Offline DaveR

• Administrator
« Reply #3351 on: December 31, 2012, 11:40:07 am »

I actually enjoyed the rough weather. Yesterday evening, I went for a walk with a friend along the Prom, past the Pier and then over to the Kings Head for a couple of drinks. You just have to get togged up and get out there, it's not going to kill you.

Offline wrex

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #3352 on: December 31, 2012, 04:18:09 pm »
Happy New Year to all forum members and my 30 friends in Lloyd st,i just hope they show a little bit more commitment into my favorite issues x

Offline wrex

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #3353 on: January 01, 2013, 06:55:48 pm »
I hope that when people go back to work tomorrow somebody finds something to discuss this page has been dead as va dodo.

Offline Fester

• Ad Free Member.
  • El Baldito
« Reply #3354 on: January 01, 2013, 08:08:27 pm »

I actually enjoyed the rough weather. Yesterday evening, I went for a walk with a friend along the Prom, past the Pier and then over to the Kings Head for a couple of drinks. You just have to get togged up and get out there, it's not going to kill you.

If only that were true Dave... tragic scene in Blackpool.
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-cumbria-20880687
Fester...
- Semper in Excretum, Sole Profundum Variat -

Offline DaveR

• Administrator
« Reply #3355 on: January 01, 2013, 08:39:12 pm »
Tragedies happen every day....it should never stop you doing anything.

Offline wrex

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #3356 on: January 03, 2013, 10:35:15 am »
I just thought i would try and generate some discussion on Llandudno,i know people think my views are to extreme so lets try and show our councillors it not just me and Yorkie that think they need to show a bit more commitment,i think fireworks at midnite on news years eve would bring punters back into the town center because it was like a morgue,the millenium killed new years eve,it has never recovered from the mistakes of the landlords,we are supposed to attract people to the town center.

Offline Yorkie

« Reply #3357 on: January 03, 2013, 11:42:36 am »
Wrex et al, the best solution to this Town Councils' attitude to the well being of the community is to get rid of them by starting a Petition for the whole Council to be disbanded en bloc.   I am sure any new Council elected would look to their duties somewhat more closely than the present bunch.   
 ;) ;)
Cicero

Offline DaveR

• Administrator
« Reply #3358 on: January 03, 2013, 12:46:48 pm »
Unfortunately, such a petition would result in the Town Council being dissolved.... permanently. Without there being any sort of replacement body solely dedicated to Llandudno, this would not be a good thing.

Offline DaveR

• Administrator
« Reply #3359 on: January 03, 2013, 01:07:36 pm »
A seaside town's mayor says a pair of skinny dippers who joined in an annual Boxing Day charity swim spoiled the event for many people.

Dozens of swimmers took part in the annual Llandudno dip watched by a large crowd off the resort's North Shore.

But mayor Myra Wigzell said two swimmers were naked which led some parents to hurry their children away.

Police are studying CCTV to identify the naked swimmers and say officers will attend next year as a precaution.

Ms Wigzell, who was at the swim, says it is a family event and the actions of the pair were in "extremely bad taste".

One of them felt it necessary on the way out to extend or embellish his front with what appeared to be a long sock”

"It's always been excellent fun with lots of people dressing up," she said. The event has grown over the years and is looked forward to by everybody in the area and they often take the whole family out on Boxing Day to witness it.

"Unfortunately this year two people took it into their heads to skinny dip... which was unpleasant really.

"But the worst aspect of it was that one of them felt it necessary on the way out to extend or embellish his front with what appeared to be a long sock which made it into an even more unpleasant breach of public decency."

She said a lot of people attended the event and many probably would not have noticed what had happened.

"But some of the parents and grandparents who had their children with them who realised what was happening, I was told they hurried them away," she said.

"It really wasn't the sort of thing you wish to expose your children and grandchildren to in what was something that was supposed to be a pleasant event in the town."

She said it was probably intended as a "high-spirited prank" but the naked swimmers did not realise how inappropriate their actions were.

North Wales Police said the skinny dippers did not appear to be official swimmers but had just joined in.

Insp Ian Verburg said: "We are looking to find out who these individuals were by studying CCTV.

"It doesn't seem like they were part of the official group taking part in this charity event.

"There haven't been any official complaints but I will make sure there's a police presence at next year's event as a precaution."

The Boxing Day dip in Llandudno has been taking place for around 20 years and dozens of swimmers brave the water to raise money for charity.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-wales-north-west-wales-20897116