Author Topic: great orme cemetery  (Read 203823 times)

Offline Hugo

• Management board member
Re: great orme cemetery
« Reply #585 on: December 10, 2011, 05:56:16 pm »
Welcome to the Forum speilberg91, it's nice to know that Jane and Emma have found a relation in the area and I'm sure that there will be many others too.      $good$     $walesflag$

Offline speilberg91

« Reply #586 on: December 10, 2011, 06:05:50 pm »
I've had a little look at the thread and just want to say thanks for all the hard work you've done Hugo, it's been fantastic. There are plenty of relatives in the area who are descended from Owen Roberts at least, who I'm sure would love to meet Jane and Emma at some point.  $walesflag$

Offline Hugo

« Reply #587 on: December 10, 2011, 06:27:44 pm »
Thanks for your comments speilberg91,  Jane and Emma have come a long way but I'm sure that there is still a lot more to find out.   

Offline jane B

« Reply #588 on: December 10, 2011, 08:38:03 pm »
I knew it would all work out in the end! When I am next in Llandudno I would love to buy all the people who have helped a drink! I will let you know when that might be!

Offline emma p

« Reply #589 on: December 10, 2011, 08:46:32 pm »
Oooh me too, me too !!! If only eh...... Im just to far away.  :'(

Offline GR

« Reply #590 on: December 11, 2011, 10:43:02 am »
Fascinating, I spent all yesterday evening reading this thread after my son found it, relatives I knew nothing about! My dad is the last living child of Owen Roberts, far too much information to put on here, but both Emma P and Jane B you have quite a few relatives in and around Llandudno. I'll quite happily show you around, who, what , where and when.  :)

Offline emma p

« Reply #591 on: December 11, 2011, 11:45:21 am »
Hi Geraint.......Ill hold you to that ! Wonderful to have found you and your family. Jane and i are very excited. I, myself have little family so to have found my long lost Llandudno relatives is wonderful......a great Christmas present !
Jane and i will most definately be coming up to Llandudno in the new year to meet you all. We have met, very briefly, but it was amazing.  ;D
I cant wait to hear your stories and hopefully you may have some pictures.......i only have pictures of John (your uncle) and one of who we presume to be Mary (Your grandmother).
Lovely to hear from you, speak soon Emma. $walesflag$

Offline Cambrian

• Genealogy & Research team
« Reply #592 on: December 11, 2011, 11:50:29 am »
Hugo - re the "ER" stone.  This seems very similar to the old boundary stones with "ERP" meaning Eglwys Rhos Parish. You probably know one of the surviving ones down Albert Street. Possibly the same stone mason ?

Offline emma p

« Reply #593 on: December 11, 2011, 11:58:40 am »
Just realised i missed a couple of 'greats' on uncle and grandmother !!
Is Hazel still alive ??

Offline GR

« Reply #594 on: December 11, 2011, 12:12:06 pm »
Yes Hazel is still alive, she's in a home near Bodafon Farm I think, she has a daughter. I'll give you all the details in a pm. I'm going to see my dad this afternoon with all this info, there are uncles and aunts he didn't know about and I thought we were a fairly close family.  :roll:

Offline GR

« Reply #595 on: December 11, 2011, 12:30:00 pm »
Just reading the obituary for Richard Roberts, 7 Jubilee Street, with the Rev Idris Morgan officiating. He used to live in Penmaenmawr and I remember my dad used to pick him up on a Sunday (Idris didn't drive) to take him to Calfaria Baptist chapel in Penrhynside to conduct the evening service, then tea, cakes and bara brith in my Nains (Owens wife Sis), Drillo View opposite the chapel. In fact I seem (I was small) to remember the vast majority of the congregation were in the house and related in some way or another!  :laugh:

Offline Hugo

« Reply #596 on: December 11, 2011, 02:29:24 pm »
Hugo - re the "ER" stone.  This seems very similar to the old boundary stones with "ERP" meaning Eglwys Rhos Parish. You probably know one of the surviving ones down Albert Street. Possibly the same stone mason ?

I had already thought of that but the Burial Record for the Glanwydden Cemetery in the Conwy Archives has 5 such instances. There is R O, D H P, F R, VW and of course E R.
These initials are at the very end of the alphabetical index and relate to graves. They are not boundary stones because every initial I've listed has a grave number. E R which I still believe is Enoch's is at grave No  A108.
I'll ask for an explanation at the Archives just to confirm my thoughts but it is certainly a grave of someone with the initials E R and Enoch is the most likely person for the reasons I've previously stated.

Offline Hugo

« Reply #597 on: December 11, 2011, 02:39:12 pm »
This is a copy of the Burial list for Glanwydden where I saw the entry for E R.

Offline Hugo

« Reply #598 on: December 11, 2011, 02:45:23 pm »
GR  have you got a brother called Clifford?   I seem to remember two brothers from my teens and we used to call Clifford  "Taffy"

Offline speilberg91

« Reply #599 on: December 11, 2011, 03:50:00 pm »
Hugo, GR hasn't got a brother.