Author Topic: Recycling across the area  (Read 104095 times)

Offline Fester

• Ad Free Member.
  • El Baldito
Re: Recycling across the area
« Reply #120 on: January 08, 2014, 11:10:27 pm »
CCBC have come back to me, and as expected, they have NOT accepted liability for the damage to my car.

A claim could possibly be made against the householders who had the bins, under a household policy.   Your car insurers, if you have comp cover, could also assist with the claim.  Better still if you have legal protection cover.
 ZXZ

That's a non starter.
Would you appreciate me knocking on your door to say, 'cough up £300 please, as your wheelie bin has damaged my car'
I think I can imagine how far that would get me.

No, CCBC have produced the TrolleyBox, made of plastic and tubular metal,  they have just left the residents of oue street to figure our where best to place this DOUBLING of our bins.
I have tolerated them all on my drive, despite it looking terrible, until the point where it is costing me money.
Plus there is always loads of rubbish to pick up after a windy night, or after the recycling gang have been.

Remember also, in a conservation area. surely it is questionable whether all these different types of bins on display, together with the rubbish on the streets are appropriate? 
Fester...
- Semper in Excretum, Sole Profundum Variat -

Offline Ian

• Administrator
« Reply #121 on: January 09, 2014, 07:07:21 am »
Remember also, in a conservation area. surely it is questionable whether all these different types of bins on display, together with the rubbish on the streets are appropriate? 

I'm not sure how much of this is down to CCBC, though. I suspect they're being forced into doing the recycling through the agreement of the UK government to the Brussels edict, and recycling inevitably means different boxes or containers.   
Nothing is so firmly believed as that which we least know.  ― Michel de Montaigne

Si hoc legere scis, nimis eruditionis habes.

Offline Yorkie

« Reply #122 on: January 09, 2014, 08:20:36 am »
It not necessary to have a multitude of bins for effective recycling.  If foodstuffs are kept separate, the rest can be automatically divided on a conveyor system using mechanical, air and other means, and finishing with a chemical method to extract precious metals and the like. 

Not cheap to set up but very effective.   ZXZ
Wise men have something to say.
Fools have to say something.
Cicero

Offline DaveR

• Administrator
« Reply #123 on: January 09, 2014, 08:50:21 am »
That's a good point. There's simply no need to have all these little boxes. A lot of Councils have one bin for all the recyclable materials.

Offline Merddin Emrys

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #124 on: January 09, 2014, 09:18:12 am »
When we lived in Oxfordshire (until 2007) we just had the recycling in one bin, nice and simple!  $good$
A pigeon is for life not just Christmas

Offline llewelyn

« Reply #125 on: January 09, 2014, 03:24:06 pm »
That's a good point. There's simply no need to have all these little boxes. A lot of Councils have one bin for all the recyclable materials.

Conwy Town looks a mess with boxes and bins dumped everywhere, residents have very little space to store them, or put them ready for collection.  there must be a better option.

Offline Fester

• Ad Free Member.
  • El Baldito
« Reply #126 on: January 09, 2014, 08:56:59 pm »
CCBC have come back to me again, about two incidents of damage to my property.
1, Damage to my car from flying recycling trolleys, which belonged to neighbours.

2, Damage to my garden decking and fences caused by the local school building ramshackle structures.

When I spoke to them verbally, they accepted liability for both.... but now suddenly, the bureaucrats have become involved.
Now, they will neither fix the damage, not settle with me directly.

Instead, they have told me that I must wait to be contacted by CCBC insurers, (Zurich) and deal directly with them via their claims process.

As part of my protestations I said to CCBC that I will behave in a similar way when it comes to paying my Council Tax.
So, when they want their payment, I will direct them to go and see Joe Bloggs, who coincidentally owes me that exact same amount!
Fester...
- Semper in Excretum, Sole Profundum Variat -

Offline Yorkie

« Reply #127 on: January 09, 2014, 09:01:17 pm »
If I were you i would get two quotations for the repair of all the damage and file a claim with their insurers giving them 21 days to pay.  If they don't cough up whip them into the County Court for the amount of your claim, plus interest, plus costs.
 ££$
Cicero

Offline nwpo

« Reply #128 on: January 10, 2014, 03:35:05 pm »

I pointed out there are probably a few sites in North Wales where they could put a processing plant and that this would lead to an increase in jobs, but the Manager who came to see me stated that it is Welsh Government policy that all waste materials be sorted at source (i.e. by the unpaid Council Tax payer) and if Conwy did implement a system of no pre-sorting the waste would have to go to ENGLAND to be separated.

Realistically, it's a lack of forward thinking which has got us in this mess.  The whole of North Wales could easily use one waste processing site but that would have required thinking about years ago, however, joined up thinking and job creation are bottom of the list of priorities for CCBC.

Offline SteveH

• Management Board Member & Newsgroup Editor
« Reply #129 on: September 18, 2014, 10:59:35 am »
Mochdre clothing centre to be opened by Carwyn Jones today

Draig Tex, the first social enterprise led centre in Wales, collects unwanted clothing to sell in community shops, and it will be opened by the Mr Jones at the centre’s Glan y Wern site at 10am.

“We have created 13 new jobs locally and as at the end of August we have collected 280 tonnes of textiles. We are working with 11 charities and social enterprises across Wales, some of whom have multiple shops across our regions.”

http://www.northwalespioneer.co.uk/news/138316/mochdre-clothing-centre-to-be-opened-by-carwyn-jones-today.aspx

Offline SteveH

« Reply #130 on: October 07, 2014, 06:45:40 pm »
Is it just me, or are there other more urgent priorities,... how much will this cost, and how many will use it in this area.? &shake&

New recycling app approved to help Conwy residents sort rubbish
A NEW recycling app to help Conwy residents sort their rubbish has been given the green light.
Conwy County Council has been given the go ahead by the Welsh Government to develop the smartphone and tablet app that will provide information on recycling and waste collection services.
A council spokesperson said: “The aim is to offer householders an opportunity to download a free bilingual app onto their smartphone/tablet.
“We have awarded the contract and the app is being built.”

http://www.northwalespioneer.co.uk/news/138617/new-recycling-app-approved-to-help-conwy-residents-sort-rubbish.aspx

Offline DaveR

• Administrator
« Reply #131 on: October 08, 2014, 08:47:00 am »
Is it just me, or are there other more urgent priorities,... how much will this cost, and how many will use it in this area.? &shake&
It's a ridiculous waste of money. All the information is already on the CCBC website and anyone with a smart phone or computer can access it there.

Offline norman08

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #132 on: October 08, 2014, 09:40:18 am »
Another waste of our money ,could have been spent on something we need .

Offline Yorkie

« Reply #133 on: October 08, 2014, 10:26:45 am »
It's a ridiculous waste of money. All the information is already on the CCBC website and anyone with a smart phone or computer can access it there.

Except that some bright spark in Bodlondeb wants all those people without access to the Internet to benefit from a recycling app!  Of course he doesn't have a computer himself!   _))*  _))* 
He's just one of those essential people that all Councils have to employ to show they have no prejudice against numbskulls.    L0L L0L
Cicero

Offline SteveH

« Reply #134 on: October 08, 2014, 11:00:17 am »
"New recycling app approved to help Conwy residents sort rubbish"
I am led to believe that this could cost in excess of £10.000... $angry$

"Conwy County Council has been given the go ahead by the Welsh Government"

Don't know what's worse, CCBC thinking up the idea, or W.G. approving it?