Author Topic: Recycling across the area  (Read 104079 times)

Online Ian

• Administrator
Re: Recycling across the area
« Reply #105 on: November 20, 2013, 08:40:43 pm »
It depends if the road is a right of way. As you see from the pdf it's a tricky subject...
Nothing is so firmly believed as that which we least know.  ― Michel de Montaigne

Si hoc legere scis, nimis eruditionis habes.

Offline DaveR

• Administrator
« Reply #106 on: November 20, 2013, 08:55:38 pm »
You could try CCBC Highways dept first:
http://www.conwy.gov.uk/section.asp?cat=10789&Language=1

Offline Minime

« Reply #107 on: November 20, 2013, 09:19:25 pm »
Read that pdf Ian.  Who owns pwllychrochan woods as its one of their trees causing the actual obstruction.   Duty to make safe and that.  Id lean towards whoever owns the land the tree is on has the duty to clear it

Offline Minime

« Reply #108 on: November 20, 2013, 09:24:20 pm »
Have found wardens email.  Owned by council as its in public woods part at bottom so will email her in morning if its still there

Offline nwpo

« Reply #109 on: January 07, 2014, 04:58:30 pm »
Just had an interesting conversation with the service manger at CCBC about the Troliblocs which I complained to Goronwy Edwards about. Ours have already started disintegrating and it seems that I'm not the only one. They've had over 100 complaints in the last 24 hours about them flying everywhere and breaking, but they were only tested to withstand a Force 5 wind.

Online Ian

• Administrator
« Reply #110 on: January 07, 2014, 05:50:03 pm »
they were only tested to withstand a Force 5 wind.

Did you ask him what that means?  As it stands, it doesn't say anything about how they were tested, or for what characteristics.
Nothing is so firmly believed as that which we least know.  ― Michel de Montaigne

Offline Fester

• Ad Free Member.
  • El Baldito
« Reply #111 on: January 08, 2014, 02:39:09 am »
I have lodged an email complaint about damage to my car from recycling bins flying around in the gales, but I am yet to receive a reply.
However, tonight whilst out in town I heard quite a number of people who have had damage or other issues emanating from these bins, and none of them have had a satisfactory outcome yet either.
Fester...
- Semper in Excretum, Sole Profundum Variat -

Offline nwpo

« Reply #112 on: January 08, 2014, 10:57:05 am »
they were only tested to withstand a Force 5 wind.

Did you ask him what that means?  As it stands, it doesn't say anything about how they were tested, or for what characteristics.

Well the meeting I've had this morning, they were tested to the same British Standard as the normal wheelie bin (whatever that may be) and they have gone through 4 different revisions.

Each Trolibloc set costs £30.00 (less discount) and whilst they did experiment with a sand and mortar weight infill at the bottom to stop the set going flying, this would have meant changing the design incurring extra cost, but if any resident can come up with a cheap way of weighing it down, please forward it to the council.  Why they didn't think about this on Revision 2 is beyond me.

The council believe the Trolibloc system is the most cost effective way of meeting the Welsh Government targets, even if it means replacing boxes on a regular basis when they get broken.  Our top box lasted 6 weeks before the Kerbside Collection Team managed to break the handles off.  The answer - have a new top box.

(Where's the pissing money away smiley?)

Offline Nemesis

• Management board member
« Reply #113 on: January 08, 2014, 11:47:18 am »
We're still on the old system and I have been waiting for 6 months for a new divider for my cardboard/glass box. As it is it all has to go in together.
Mad, Bad and Dangerous to know.

Online Ian

• Administrator
« Reply #114 on: January 08, 2014, 11:59:37 am »
Having spent more than half an hour searching for the relevant BS testing criteria, I've now given up.

Offline Merddin Emrys

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #115 on: January 08, 2014, 12:48:50 pm »
We're still on the old system and I have been waiting for 6 months for a new divider for my cardboard/glass box. As it is it all has to go in together.

We are also on the old system, I didn't know there should even be a divider! I'll stay happy without one!  :laugh:
A pigeon is for life not just Christmas

Offline Fester

• Ad Free Member.
  • El Baldito
« Reply #116 on: January 08, 2014, 02:36:09 pm »
CCBC have come back to me, and as expected, they have NOT accepted liability for the damage to my car.

Therefore I have asked them to make immediate new arrangements to ensure that my drive will not have 12 other bins in close proximity to my car.
It will inconvenience them, and sadly also some of the neighbours from the houses below me, but I have no alternative if they refuse to accept their responsibilities.
Fester...
- Semper in Excretum, Sole Profundum Variat -

Offline Cambrian

• Genealogy & Research team
« Reply #117 on: January 08, 2014, 08:00:34 pm »
I don't think dividers are given for the green cardboard/glass box as we have not had one for some time.  The stuff from the the green box seems to go into the same aperture in the freighter so presumably there is no need to divide it now.

Offline Yorkie

« Reply #118 on: January 08, 2014, 09:37:27 pm »
CCBC have come back to me, and as expected, they have NOT accepted liability for the damage to my car.

A claim could possibly be made against the householders who had the bins, under a household policy.   Your car insurers, if you have comp cover, could also assist with the claim.  Better still if you have legal protection cover.
 ZXZ
Wise men have something to say.
Fools have to say something.
Cicero

Offline Hugo

• Management board member
« Reply #119 on: January 08, 2014, 10:32:13 pm »
I don't think dividers are given for the green cardboard/glass box as we have not had one for some time.  The stuff from the the green box seems to go into the same aperture in the freighter so presumably there is no need to divide it now.

My divider blew away with the wind last week so I phoned CCBC up asking for a replacement.   They told me that they don't issue dividers anymore as both cardboard and bottles go into the same compartment in the bin lorry.   So bottles and cardboard don't need to be separated any more and both can be put into the green box together.