Author Topic: Recycling across the area  (Read 104082 times)

Offline Hugo

• Management board member
Re: Recycling across the area
« Reply #360 on: April 17, 2020, 02:06:38 pm »
Yes, I'm still waiting for the second bin but it will arrive too late.      My first bin is now full again and I've six full bags of garden waste waiting to fill the second bin up and then the grass will need to be cut before the two bins are collected.        &shake&

Perhaps I should have ordered a third bin but I'm not going down that line again

Offline Meleri

• Genealogy & Research team
« Reply #361 on: April 17, 2020, 04:18:56 pm »
Take your pick Hugo! Bryson say they are delivering between 400-500 brown bins per day  :roll:

Offline Hugo

« Reply #362 on: April 17, 2020, 06:51:50 pm »
I don't know where they are delivering them to but it's certainly not here       &shake&

I've just looked on the Bryson website and there is a box for feedback!         I don't think that I would dare put it into print       >?>??

Offline DVT

« Reply #363 on: April 19, 2020, 01:31:31 pm »
Quoted from a few days ago ...
Today’s announcements from Bryson Recycling Wales:
“We are running behind with collections due to a breakdown earlier in the week - please leave your bin out and it will be emptied by Saturday morning at the latest. Thank you for your patience.”

It's now Sunday ... and there are still 4 brown bins on the pavement outside my house (not all mine!) - little bit of space left for a bit more weeding., but the lawn will have to wait.

Offline Hugo

« Reply #364 on: April 19, 2020, 02:09:50 pm »
I'm still waiting for my second bin DVT  but I don't know when they are going to deliver it,  I hope it is delivered in time for my next collection.

But I don't know when that will be because "their calendar isn't working"  neither is their phones or e-mails.     I've been in a right "Paddy" because of them

Offline cygnusx-1

« Reply #365 on: April 19, 2020, 04:06:45 pm »
Well......Saturday has passed and the full brown bin is still waiting!! Another phone call or e-mail (cc to my local councillor in case the council moan about a bin out) required it appears. The fantastic service is no more!!

Offline Hugo

« Reply #366 on: April 19, 2020, 04:36:08 pm »
Good luck with your e-mails and phone calls, mine seem to have been diverted to Never never Land

Offline Quiggs

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #367 on: April 19, 2020, 07:48:11 pm »
The Bowling Club have two brown bins that have been filled with fine grass cuttings that have been awaiting collection for so long that the grass has settled down and been topped up a few times. I hope that when they do collect that the vehicle has a lift on it, otherwise the operators could end up with a Hernia ))*
Dictum Meum Pactum

Offline Hugo

« Reply #368 on: April 19, 2020, 09:46:16 pm »
That happened to me Quiggs and I kept topping it up, I even stood in the bin once to compress it

Offline Hugo

« Reply #369 on: April 20, 2020, 11:28:39 am »
Paddy has just driven past my house with a pickup laden with brown bins but didn't stop so I waited for the vehicle to return but it hasn't  $angry2$
When I walked to the shops earlier I noticed that the brown bibs in that street hadn't been emptied despite promises to do so

Offline Hugo

« Reply #370 on: April 20, 2020, 04:04:53 pm »
I don't believe it!    I was in the garden when Paddy just drove past with a load of brown bins and didn't stop so I stood in the middle of my road and stopped the pickup on its return
Where's my bin I asked and they didn't know.    Apparently they just have a list and deliver to the address on it so it's not their fault but it is someone's

There's a backlog, so there's a problem but there's no solution.     In the old days when I worked and you had a backlog, you would use a post code and concentrate on one area, you get far more done and in a more cost effective manner.
I'll be in a right Paddy if they come past again this week

Offline Robbie G

« Reply #371 on: April 20, 2020, 05:49:28 pm »
I am beginning to think you have the wrong Bryson ,perhaps you need Bill Bryson the author ,he is pretty good at writing a humorous tale

Offline snowcap

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #372 on: April 20, 2020, 10:50:53 pm »
cant believe it Hugo your sounding and looking more like Victor Meldrew every day

Offline Hugo

« Reply #373 on: April 21, 2020, 07:47:59 am »
cant believe it Hugo your sounding and looking more like Victor Meldrew every day

I don't believe it!        

Offline DVT

« Reply #374 on: April 21, 2020, 11:00:31 am »
Just heard a noise outside and there were some guys emptying the brown bins !!!

According to the calendar (which I had printed, laminated and stuck to the fridge door) they should have been here last Tuesday which begs the question - is the calendar going to be one week out from now on?  Should we put the brown bin out next Tuesday and will it be there for a week?

One of my neighbours didn't get his emptied - because he's still waiting for it to be delivered !!!

The black bin was emptied before we got up, the green bin is standing on the pavement outside.