Author Topic: Recycling across the area  (Read 104109 times)

Offline SteveH

• Management Board Member & Newsgroup Editor
Re: Recycling across the area
« Reply #420 on: May 05, 2020, 10:54:39 am »
It's Tuesday and brown bin day ... and our bin has just been emptied.
The wagon had the company name C P Davidson & Son Ltd written on it ... does that indicate contracting out?

A chorley company that does vehicle hire, maybe they are trying to play catch up.

CP Davidsoncpdavidson.co.uk
Cliff Brown, Darwen Borough Council. Data Protection · Contact · Downloads · Site Map. C.P. Davidson & Sons Ltd, Lyons Lane, Chorley, Lancashire, PR7 3BL.
About C.P. Davidson & Sons Ltd promise to provide the exact ...
Hire
CPD prides itself on its impressive hire fleet of vehicles. With over ...

Offline Bri Roberts

• Management board member
« Reply #421 on: May 05, 2020, 12:16:03 pm »
No, I think they may be using a self-drive hire wagon.

Offline norman08

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #422 on: May 05, 2020, 02:34:22 pm »
As we have said Brian when the two party's are sat round the table you put your papers( tender ) on the table council man goes through it, Yes everything in order ready to go you have won the tender, 🤔 That is how it's meant to work seems Not with our council 😡.

Offline Bellringer

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #423 on: May 06, 2020, 09:59:41 am »
Collection due in our part of Gyffin today and carried out before 9.30am

Is this a sign of better things to come?

Offline Hugo

« Reply #424 on: May 06, 2020, 10:47:23 am »
That sounds more like divine intervention Bellringer,  you must have friends in high places!        ;D

Can you put in a good word for me please   

Offline Bellringer

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #425 on: May 06, 2020, 06:47:53 pm »
Yes Hugo but you might have to wait awhile!

Offline norman08

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #426 on: May 06, 2020, 07:09:48 pm »
Bryson have just come into the road 19-05, brand new wagon 5 guys + driver it's a side loader so they take the bins to one side of the road but don't bother taking it back over, so if your in work you will come home to look for your bin..

Offline Hugo

« Reply #427 on: May 06, 2020, 07:54:13 pm »
Yes Hugo but you might have to wait awhile!

Miracles can happen but they'll have to be quick as I can't cut my grass until the second bin arrives.

Norman,  those brown bins are so rare they are worth a bit of cash.      I've got my house number on the back of the bin and also somewhere else in case anyone thinks of pinching it

Offline snowcap

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #428 on: May 06, 2020, 11:14:34 pm »
Don't worry Hugo the grass will not be growing this weekend according to the weather forecast, we'r going back to arctic weather for a couple of days.
Is this divine intervention or what.

Offline Hugo

« Reply #429 on: May 07, 2020, 08:29:32 am »
Hallelujah!      I'll be ringing the bells tonight at 8.00pm                  $bounce$

Offline Hugo

« Reply #430 on: May 11, 2020, 05:25:56 pm »
Has Bryson gone into lockdown because I've seen no sign of the pickup going up and down my road?           &shake&

The last communication from them was that all bins would be delivered within 10 working days, well the 10th day is up and no second bin delivered.
They also promise to respond to e-mails within 24 hours but haven't done that either

I was reading their literature again and the question that was asked was how many old green bags full of garden rubbish could fit in the new brown bin.     The answer was if the green bag is completely  full then two full bags will fill the brown bin.
I've got nine bags already waiting to be emptied into the second brown bin and I bet I get most of them in it.      If as expected they don't deliver my second bin then this will be the third time since 30th March 2020 that they have missed my collection

Offline Meleri

• Genealogy & Research team
« Reply #431 on: May 11, 2020, 05:35:21 pm »
We managed to get 4 full green bags in our brown bin & a very nice neighbour who has a small garden, let us put another one in her bin. If you can print off proof that you have paid for a second bin & show it to the Bryson crew they will take your green bags, Hugo. Another of our neighbours actually printed off the proof he had paid for a second bin & covered it over with plastic & stuck it to his bin & left it with 4 green bags full & they emptied them. Might be worth a try.

Offline Bri Roberts

« Reply #432 on: May 11, 2020, 05:54:03 pm »
Hugo, I think your brown bin has been mistakenly delivered over the road from us.

It was dropped off last week in between a house and a bungalow but neither property owner ordered it.

Offline Hugo

« Reply #433 on: May 11, 2020, 11:12:58 pm »
Thanks for the tip Meleri,  I'll try that if I can find my receipt.      I can beat 4 bags and think that I put about 7 in my first bin, it's so heavy I can just about wheel it about.

If the second bin doesn't get delivered soon I'll be down to collect my bin from Llandudno

Offline Hugo

« Reply #434 on: May 13, 2020, 04:53:18 pm »
Well it has finally arrived , my second brown bin           $bounce$

I quickly filled it up with 6 bags of garden waste and will fill one bin up tomorrow with the remainder of green bags I've got.
As I've said before the staff are pleasant and hard working but the problem lies with the organisation or rather lack of it by the management