Author Topic: Recycling across the area  (Read 104194 times)

Offline DVT

• Management board member
Re: Recycling across the area
« Reply #405 on: April 30, 2020, 09:50:49 pm »
 Reading all the comments on here I wonder just how long they will stay in business and continue taking our garden waste.

I can't help feeling that they will not be able to cover their costs due to their inefficiency, and this will result on them going bust.

Then council will have to sort it  so more money (our taxes) wasted.  Plus an increase in what we pay next year to cover it.

Does that seem a possible prediction?

Offline norman08

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #406 on: April 30, 2020, 10:48:01 pm »
They have been given the contract for 5 years with a view of another 5 years, How can you award a contract like this, you sit round a table papers to show you are prepared 🤔 Oh yes we are talking about the amatuers on CCBC and it will get worse with this shower 😡

Offline Bri Roberts

« Reply #407 on: April 30, 2020, 11:03:59 pm »
For what is involved, I cannot understand why someone more local could not have taken this on and done a far better job, especially someone who knows this area.

After what I keep reading, i don’t know what is so special with this particular company?

Offline SteveH

• Management Board Member & Newsgroup Editor
« Reply #408 on: May 01, 2020, 10:26:56 am »
For what is involved, I cannot understand why someone more local could not have taken this on and done a far better job, especially someone who knows this area.

After what I keep reading, i don’t know what is so special with this particular company?

I think they were approved by the same committee, who passed the Mochdre 35 year commerce park lease, and recommended by Kingdom security.

Offline Hugo

« Reply #409 on: May 01, 2020, 02:59:11 pm »
When I was working a colleague often  used to recite the 5  P's if anything went wrong:-

Poor Preparation Produces Poor Performance.             but if things went badly wrong then he would introduce a 6th P  = p**s 

My walking mate Tellytubby is now working on the front line delivering medical supplies and the Chemist just puts dozens and dozens of items in the back of the van for him to deliver
They are not put in any order, there is no list with the addresses on and unfortunately he doesn't have the benefit of modern technology such as tablets in the van.    So how does he cope without all this modern technology?

First he takes time to prepare his delivery round, he arranges them in street order, then in order of the street number and finally he then puts them in concentrated areas so that the supplies can all be delivered in the most cost effective manner.
No complaints just dozens and dozens of satisfied customers, a win win situation

Offline Nemesis

« Reply #410 on: May 01, 2020, 03:52:18 pm »
I take my hat off to your friend Hugo, delivery is no joke and organisation is the main thing. Years ago I used to deliver Meals on Wheels in the area around the town centre of Huddersfield. Many of the recipients lived in back to back terraces and/or flats. Yes, everyone got the same meal and pudding, but it was essential to stick to the order route which we planned ourselves, otherwise we could find that we were going back to the top of high rise flats, or trailing about down passages, some of which were awful.
Mad, Bad and Dangerous to know.

Offline Hugo

« Reply #411 on: May 01, 2020, 06:21:40 pm »
Organising and preparing things are so important, otherwise you make hard work for yourself and this is what is lacking with Bryson's.

My friend is conscientious and on a bad Winter's day 2 years ago  he had a delivery to make to one of the elderly customers but the lane was blocked with very deep snowdrifts.    So he left his van and walked half a mile through the deep snow to deliver the emergency medicine,  poor thing he only has short legs so cold feet wouldn't have been his only problem that day!

I think that I should give him a belated "Award of the Week " for that errand of mercy

Offline Nemesis

« Reply #412 on: May 01, 2020, 08:13:23 pm »
 <:<:<:<
Mad, Bad and Dangerous to know.

Offline norman08

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #413 on: May 01, 2020, 09:06:02 pm »
8-50 Friday night and What has just zoomed round our road 🤔 Yes a Bryson bin wagon never stopped though 😂😂

Offline cygnusx-1

« Reply #414 on: May 02, 2020, 05:19:05 pm »
Brysons picked up my brown bin 29/04/20 for 15/04/20 which was 13/04/20  ))* $booboo$ according to their website and today 02/05/20 picked up my 29/04/20 after some gentle requests!!

I am now at peace with them {}{}

Offline DVT

« Reply #415 on: May 02, 2020, 09:20:55 pm »
When the calendar was issued a few weeks ago I printed off two copies, one for ourselves and one for our neighbour we are back-to-back to, so in different roads.  He had not received the e-mail.

Our due date for collection was alternate Tuesdays but it has turned out that the calendar is one week out!  I have now printed off the caledar from the CCBC website which says brown bins same day as purple and pink bags, so our next collection should now be Tuesday 5th.

This morning Bryson went down our neighbour's road and empties his bin.  No sign of them in our road - yes I know it's Saturday.

As my neighbour was not expecting collection today he asked if they were doing our road today as well - "no, they're not the same post code" was the reply.

So there is a system!

Will they visit us on Tuesday, I wonder!

Offline Hugo

« Reply #416 on: May 02, 2020, 11:02:24 pm »
I had another e-mail from Bryson but have deleted it but I can remember that they said not to put out the pink bags with the brown bin as they wouldn't collect them due to the Mochdre site being closed. 
I can't remember if the purple bags were also included in the e-mail

Offline Bri Roberts

« Reply #417 on: May 03, 2020, 02:59:17 am »
In our recent e-mail we advised that “your garden waste will be collected on the same day as the pink and purple sacks.”  The Council has asked us to clarify that Crest are not collecting pink and purple sacks until further notice due to COVID-19.  The collection day information is still correct.

Offline Hugo

« Reply #418 on: May 03, 2020, 11:57:09 am »
Our brown bin dates are on Thursday(ish) so we'll wait and see what happens

Offline DVT

« Reply #419 on: May 05, 2020, 10:25:25 am »
It's Tuesday and brown bin day ... and our bin has just been emptied.

The wagon had the company name C P Davidson & Son Ltd written on it ... does that indicate contracting out?