Author Topic: Miriam and Isaac Jones ( Yr Ogof)  (Read 44042 times)

Offline miriam

Re: Miriam and Isaac Jones ( Yr Ogof)
« Reply #60 on: January 06, 2013, 03:22:15 pm »
Hi
Only just read your post jane and nemesis.

I'll try and make it, if I can. I will be wearing a black coat and a bright coloured scarf. That puts me in the majority sorry, haven't got a different coloured coat, maybe that's an excuse to buy one  ;D I'm medium build and wear my hair up if that's of any help. I'm sure I'll find you two.  Look forward to meeting you both. I'll try and see Frank before Wednesday and get some info from him.
   Hopefully see you Wednesday.          P.S I'll let you know on Tuesday via forum if I can make it or not save you hanging around.

Offline jane B

« Reply #61 on: January 06, 2013, 03:29:14 pm »
Hi Miriam,

Fantastic! Really hope to see you there too!

Jane

Offline Nemesis

• Management board member
« Reply #62 on: January 06, 2013, 03:52:26 pm »
Great--I only hope that the info. I can pass on is to do with the right people. Mind you it is a pretty uncommon name.
Look forward to seeing you both.
Mad, Bad and Dangerous to know.

Offline miriam

« Reply #63 on: January 08, 2013, 06:30:04 pm »
Hopefully I will be able to make it tomorrow, if I'm not outside Nero's when you meet up, I'll find you inside, I'll be the one with the blank help me expression ..... so don't wait around in the cold for me. 

take care

Offline jane B

« Reply #64 on: January 08, 2013, 08:59:55 pm »
Lovely, see you tomorrow all being well.

Offline Nemesis

« Reply #65 on: January 09, 2013, 10:18:32 am »
Barring plague and pestilence I shall be there !

Offline Gwynant

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #66 on: January 09, 2013, 04:19:04 pm »
                 Hugo, regarding your posting of the 1963 Youth Club Football team on Jan. 1st. can you tell me the name of the player 3rd. from the left on the back row between John ("Ben") Nokes and Johnny Griffin please? I know (or knew) all the others as they are about my age (give or take a couple of years). I have even printed the photo and asked various people from that era, but nobody can put a name to the face ( including Glyn Lister who is next but one to him next to Davie Rawlings on the back row!).  Thanks very much.

Offline Hugo

« Reply #67 on: January 09, 2013, 05:06:25 pm »
I'm sorry Gwynant but I can't remember his name.  He was a friend of Johny Griffin and only played for one season.   I think that his first name was Eddie  but I've no idea of his surname and think that he may have lived in Rhuddlan Avenue      :-[

Offline Hugo

« Reply #68 on: January 09, 2013, 05:09:06 pm »
Barring plague and pestilence I shall be there !

Hope that the Girls Aloud get together went ok     $good$

Offline Nemesis

« Reply #69 on: January 09, 2013, 06:31:37 pm »
Yes fine thanks-- we found each other and enjoyed a natter.

Offline jane B

« Reply #70 on: January 09, 2013, 08:02:22 pm »
Thanks for coming out today ladies, so nice to put faces to names!

Offline miriam

« Reply #71 on: January 10, 2013, 02:50:39 pm »
Likewise it was lovely to meet you both, must do it again sometime.

I'll be in touch with regards to Frank and I'll pop to his house tomorrow and pass on your details.

Offline Gwynant

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #72 on: January 10, 2013, 04:10:52 pm »
I'm sorry Gwynant but I can't remember his name.  He was a friend of Johny Griffin and only played for one season.   I think that his first name was Eddie  but I've no idea of his surname and think that he may have lived in Rhuddlan Avenue      :-[
Hugo, I was speaking to Davie Rawlings today and I showed him the photo of the 1963 Youth Club Team. He named all the players and said that the guy we couldn't name was Eifion Williams,(3rd from right ,back row), who lived in Rhuddlan Avenue and was a friend of the late Dave Hobson who also lived in the same road.

Offline Hugo

« Reply #73 on: January 10, 2013, 07:44:00 pm »
Thanks Gwynant,  Dave's got a better memory than me and has been able to put a name to that player.     $good$
Eifion wasn't a local lad or otherwise we would have known his name and if I'm right then he wasn't in Rhuddlan Avenue for long.
Dave's a great mate of mine and we go back a long way.   I hope that he was keeping well when you spoke to him and next time you see him again would you please give him my regards.

Offline Micox

• Ad Free Member
  • zooooooooot
    • family history
« Reply #74 on: January 13, 2013, 06:37:41 pm »
 $good$ Hi Miriam. This is an amazing site - after all these years, the lovely little girl who lived in the flat below with Megan and Alan appears fuzzily again in my vision - dressed in a black coat with a bright scarf. How on earth did you drift so far away into indian country at Old Colwyn! You are, for me, rooted firmly and prettily in the Cwm Place flat below - except that you now have the mantle of proud Queen of the 'R Ogos carrying the most famous name in Llandudno.

Fond greetings.

Mike.
Micox