Author Topic: Miriam and Isaac Jones ( Yr Ogof)  (Read 44044 times)

Offline miriam

Re: Miriam and Isaac Jones ( Yr Ogof)
« Reply #45 on: January 04, 2013, 10:58:04 am »
I have been in touch with Frank Curbishley and he was a brother of Ron and Gillian. I've asked him to look at the forum with a mind to joining - this would solve all the problems of giving out his contact details. He seemed really interested, I'll call round and give him the web address etc. So hopefully Jane you may find out some more of your family history. ££$ Hope this is of some help.

Offline Nemesis

• Management board member
« Reply #46 on: January 04, 2013, 11:32:09 am »
Hope so, as I am sure Jane B will be pleased to fit the missing people into her family.
Mad, Bad and Dangerous to know.

Offline Llechwedd

• Sixer
« Reply #47 on: January 04, 2013, 02:09:41 pm »
I went to St. George's school with Celia Curbishly in the 50's but don't know what happened to her, nice girl.

I also went to Mostyn with Wyn Griffin.  I travelled back from London with him on a train in the 80's and he had set up his own computer business where the copy shop used to be opposite the Albert. But whatever happened to him after that I don't know.  Ed. Jones was in our class too!

Wasn't Johnny Griffin a footballer?

Offline jane B

« Reply #48 on: January 04, 2013, 03:25:08 pm »
Miriam and Nemesis

Thanks so much for that.I don't want to take over this topic but I am grateful for all your efforts. I will probably take a trip to Llandudno soon so might get a chance then to meet up with anyone interested if approprate.

Such a nice bunch of people on this forum!!

Offline Hugo

« Reply #49 on: January 04, 2013, 04:57:08 pm »
Wasn't Johnny Griffin a footballer?
[/quote]

Llechwedd, that's Johny Griffin holding the cup when we won the North Wales Youth Clubs Final at Penmaenmawr!     John was a great asset to any side as he could play well anywhere and he was a Welsh Amateur International Footballer and got his caps playing at left full back. I saw him play in one international at the old  Llandudno FC ground.

Offline Nemesis

« Reply #50 on: January 04, 2013, 05:09:23 pm »
Miriam and Nemesis

Thanks so much for that.I don't want to take over this topic but I am grateful for all your efforts. I will probably take a trip to Llandudno soon so might get a chance then to meet up with anyone interested if approprate.

Such a nice bunch of people on this forum!!

Sounds good, post on here and we could meet up. ;)

Offline jane B

« Reply #51 on: January 05, 2013, 09:08:11 am »
Hello Nemesis,

Is next Wednesday 9th Jan any good for you? I can be in Llandudno by 12.30 in time for coffee and a sandwich. You name the venue and I'll be there.

Jane

Offline Nemesis

« Reply #52 on: January 05, 2013, 10:29:06 am »
Hi.
Sorry I have a dental appointment in Colwyn Bay at 12.40pm, but I could meet you during the afternoon if that would be any good?

Offline jane B

« Reply #53 on: January 05, 2013, 10:40:14 am »
I will be in Llandudno all afternoon so if you are OK after your dental appointment I would be happy to meet then. Could you do 2pmIsh?

Regards Jane

Offline Nemesis

« Reply #54 on: January 05, 2013, 12:05:30 pm »
Hopefully I am only having an inspection, so could we say 2.30pm? (No pun intended !) as I shall have to get back from the Bay and leave the car at home.
Where do you want to meet?

Offline jane B

« Reply #55 on: January 05, 2013, 02:39:23 pm »
Hi, I could meet you in Colwyn Bay if that was easier. I will be coming on the train as I don't drive so the station would be a handy place to meet.

Jane

Offline Nemesis

« Reply #56 on: January 05, 2013, 04:27:03 pm »
Hi. The dentist I use ( and wish I didn't) is on the outskirts of Colwyn Bay, so Llandudno would be better if you can manage that. Can you manage 2.30pm outside Cafe Nero? Then if the coffee is lousy we can blame all the members who have said how good it is !!

Offline jane B

« Reply #57 on: January 05, 2013, 11:16:04 pm »
Hi,
 The dentist trip doesn't sound too good!!
I can make it at the time and place stated so see you on Wednesday 2.30 cafe Nero. It will be quite good fun trying to guess who each other is! I am short and not slim and will have a purple coat on! Hope that's enogh to go on!

Thanks,

Jane

Offline Nemesis

« Reply #58 on: January 06, 2013, 08:22:59 am »
Fine !
Neither am I slim!!! I have white wavy hair and will probably be wearing a rust coloured coat with a 'twiddly' scarf.

Offline jane B

« Reply #59 on: January 06, 2013, 09:21:25 am »
I love it when a plan comes together! See you then.