Author Topic: Hotel News & Gossip  (Read 308953 times)

Offline Nemesis

• Management board member
Re: Hotel News & Gossip
« Reply #480 on: February 09, 2016, 08:11:42 pm »
Sorry Bri, but I tend to regard all such things with suspicion, there always seems to be something which is hidden in the small print.
 This has come to light in other ways recently with some rather up-market flats locally. They are leaking like a sieve, have been for months, one of the washing machines has been broken down for ages and the window cleaner is refusing to work there again unless he is paid by the firm who runs them. Not good for the amazing amount of money that is charged for so called maintenance.
Mad, Bad and Dangerous to know.

Offline Bri Roberts

« Reply #481 on: February 09, 2016, 08:36:05 pm »
So do I, Nemesis.

With my own knowledge of investments, this form of advertising should be regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority.

I cannot see any risk warnings attached to the quoted investment return, which I consider a concern.

Offline norman08

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #482 on: February 09, 2016, 09:10:42 pm »
Let's just see how many rooms they can sell there ,they done well with the first venture here , has it dried up though .

Offline DaveR

• Administrator
« Reply #483 on: February 10, 2016, 08:51:15 am »
Sorry Bri, but I tend to regard all such things with suspicion, there always seems to be something which is hidden in the small print.
 This has come to light in other ways recently with some rather up-market flats locally. They are leaking like a sieve, have been for months, one of the washing machines has been broken down for ages and the window cleaner is refusing to work there again unless he is paid by the firm who runs them. Not good for the amazing amount of money that is charged for so called maintenance.
Are these on Gloddaeth Street, by any chance?

Offline DaveR

• Administrator
« Reply #484 on: February 10, 2016, 08:52:53 am »
Lovely position and an unusual shape, but no parking available, except in the street. If these charges come into being that are planned, as in last week's Pioneer, everywhere will be crammed with people trying not to pay!
It might be better as a house. Where else can you get a 12 bedroom house for £187k?!

Offline Nemesis

« Reply #485 on: February 10, 2016, 10:47:09 am »
Are these on Gloddaeth Street, by any chance?

Yes !!!! More has come to light this morning.......my OH chats to someone who lives there when he takes the dog out first thing.

Offline wrex

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #486 on: February 15, 2016, 05:55:42 pm »
Mbi are going to change the Queens from a coaching hotel to a main street one,they reckon the coach trade is dying,more like not as much profit from the coaches lol

Offline Fester

• Ad Free Member.
  • El Baldito
« Reply #487 on: February 15, 2016, 07:32:46 pm »
Award winning hotel Lauriston Court have been told by CCBC to remove their signage, as it is oval and not rectangular!!   Petty officialdom reigns again. &shake&
Fester...
- Semper in Excretum, Sole Profundum Variat -

Offline OrmeMac

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #488 on: February 15, 2016, 09:04:50 pm »
Award winning hotel Lauriston Court have been told by CCBC to remove their signage, as it is oval and not rectangular!!   Petty officialdom reigns again. &shake&

And that would be the same council that thought Venue Cymru would fit in with the rest of the Victorian seafront...

Offline Nemesis

« Reply #489 on: February 15, 2016, 09:56:31 pm »
And allowed Garth Court to be built. Victorian? I don't think so !

Offline wrex

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #490 on: February 16, 2016, 07:27:03 am »
Only Cll P Evans will be left on the town council that allowed that eyesore but im sure he did not vote for it,but i must admit its a brilliant view all over town from the top flat.

Offline DaveR

• Administrator
« Reply #491 on: February 16, 2016, 08:16:55 am »
It's a ridiculous decision. The sign looks tasteful and blends in perfectly well with the area. People investing in Llandudno should be encouraged, not persecuted with petty nonsense like this.

Online Ian

• Administrator
« Reply #492 on: February 16, 2016, 08:39:19 am »
Ridiculous and perfectly typical of CCBC.
Nothing is so firmly believed as that which we least know.  ― Michel de Montaigne

Si hoc legere scis, nimis eruditionis habes.

Offline Nemesis

Offline Blongb

• I love living in Llandudno.
« Reply #494 on: February 17, 2016, 02:43:14 pm »
http://www.dailypost.co.uk/business/business-news/try-before-you-buy-llandudno-10901545

A new idea here !

Not such a new idea Nem, when we went to buy our place back in August of 1997, we worked in it for 2 weeks before contracts and money changed hands. If it wasen't right for us, we could have pulled out at any time. Carol and Andy Oliver then stayed on for 2 weeks after we boughtthe place to help us through the start-up.
Quot homines tot sententiae: suus cuique mos.
(There are as many opinions as there are people: each has his own view.)