Author Topic: Hotel News & Gossip  (Read 309830 times)

Offline FatAndy

Re: Hotel News & Gossip
« Reply #405 on: July 31, 2015, 08:19:52 am »
Caerhun Hall has the potential to be a goldmine with Surf Snowdonia opening a couple of miles down the road.  I went through Dolgarrog yesterday and there were cars everywhere and crowds of people stood along the main road watching the testing.  If it can attract so many people before it's even opened then I can only imagine what it's going to be like once it actually becomes operational (tomorrow).  If you want to invest in a hotel that's the place to do it.
"A computer once beat me at chess, but it was no match for me at kick boxing."

Emo Philips

Offline DaveR

• Administrator
« Reply #406 on: July 31, 2015, 08:42:24 am »
Caerhun Hall has the potential to be a goldmine with Surf Snowdonia opening a couple of miles down the road.  I went through Dolgarrog yesterday and there were cars everywhere and crowds of people stood along the main road watching the testing.  If it can attract so many people before it's even opened then I can only imagine what it's going to be like once it actually becomes operational (tomorrow).  If you want to invest in a hotel that's the place to do it.
That's a great point. I believe there's some sort of campsite at Surf Snowdonia itself but nothing much else in the way of accommodation.

Offline Ian

• Administrator
« Reply #407 on: July 31, 2015, 08:53:16 am »
They're using those prefabricated softwood 'tents', which are minimalistic but which do the job.  I said in another post a link to Llandudno's web sites might have been a nice idea.
Nothing is so firmly believed as that which we least know.  ― Michel de Montaigne

Si hoc legere scis, nimis eruditionis habes.

Offline Tom Davidson

• Ad Free Member
  • Daily Post hack
« Reply #408 on: July 31, 2015, 09:12:09 am »
Red Lion in Tyn y Groes could be a gold mine too. Don't imagine food at SS will be very cheap. Stick a sign outside offering cheap grub.
After all what is time, a mere tyranny.

Offline Ian

• Administrator
« Reply #409 on: July 31, 2015, 09:16:55 am »
SS are trying to deliver the entire package - which is in their interest, since Disney have done it that way for fifty years.  But I imagine the more enterprising fast-food retailers won't be slow to start offering incentives...
Nothing is so firmly believed as that which we least know.  ― Michel de Montaigne

Offline FatAndy

« Reply #410 on: July 31, 2015, 05:45:13 pm »
Red Lion in Tyn y Groes could be a gold mine too. Don't imagine food at SS will be very cheap. Stick a sign outside offering cheap grub.

Isn't the Red Lion closed for good?  The other place nearby that could be a goldmine though is Y Bedol in Tal-y-Bont which is currently up for sale if anyone has £225,000 to spare.  Hopefully the hotels and pubs in Llanrwst and Trefriw are able to grab a slice of the pie as well given that this is an attraction situated in the Conwy Valley.  I'd also imagine that the cafe in Siop Porthllwyd and the kebab shop in Dolgarrog which are both just opposite the entrance to Surf Snowdonia might see their takings increase.  In fact Siop Porthllwyd has probably already seen it's takings increase as their were a load of builders sat at the tables outside when I passed the other day.
"A computer once beat me at chess, but it was no match for me at kick boxing."

Emo Philips

Offline Ian

• Administrator
« Reply #411 on: July 31, 2015, 06:48:32 pm »
I wonder if and when the Tal y Cafn will be finished?

Offline Hugo

• Management board member
« Reply #412 on: July 31, 2015, 08:07:52 pm »
They don't seem to be in too much of a hurry to finish the Tal Y Cafn,  it all seems a bit strange.

Offline wrex

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #413 on: August 12, 2015, 08:31:50 pm »
Isee MBI have sold all their rooms in the Heritage hotel{Belmont} and are now on their third hotel The Harrison hotel,not sure if its the Kinmel but it has 66 rooms to sell.

Offline DaveR

• Administrator
« Reply #414 on: August 13, 2015, 10:17:39 am »
Isee MBI have sold all their rooms in the Heritage hotel{Belmont} and are now on their third hotel The Harrison hotel,not sure if its the Kinmel but it has 66 rooms to sell.
It's not the Kinmel, they only have 23 bedrooms, I think. Must be one of the larger ones on the Prom.

Offline norman08

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #415 on: August 13, 2015, 10:36:09 am »
I think it could be the family run hotel (not the queens ) ,although talk they have sold .

Offline wrex

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #416 on: August 13, 2015, 12:47:31 pm »
the position they give is between the Marine and Kinmel

Offline Blongb

• Management board member
  • I love living in Llandudno.
« Reply #417 on: August 13, 2015, 09:35:25 pm »
The only Hotel around that size (66 Bedrooms) is the Kensington Hotel Central Parade 6-8 Nevill Crescent which currently has 50 en-suite guest rooms
Quot homines tot sententiae: suus cuique mos.
(There are as many opinions as there are people: each has his own view.)

Offline wrex

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #418 on: August 14, 2015, 06:50:03 am »
On their website the position is near the Marine but that could be a delibrate decoy.

Offline wrex

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #419 on: August 16, 2015, 03:09:34 pm »
Nobody worked out where the Harrison hotel is yet,68 bedrooms,how many rooms does the Queens have.