Author Topic: Hotel News & Gossip  (Read 310799 times)

Offline Ian

• Administrator
Re: Hotel News & Gossip
« Reply #240 on: January 18, 2015, 03:20:54 pm »
 _))* _))* _))*

Wonderful!  Couldn't have been written better by John Cleese!
Nothing is so firmly believed as that which we least know.  ― Michel de Montaigne

Si hoc legere scis, nimis eruditionis habes.

Offline Nemesis

• Management board member
« Reply #241 on: January 18, 2015, 09:39:27 pm »
Excellent customer relations !! :o
Mad, Bad and Dangerous to know.

Offline Mr Tunnock

« Reply #242 on: January 19, 2015, 05:11:09 pm »
The people who own the Lauriston Court and the other similar sounding one have now according to an estate agent purchased the hotel in the middle called I think the Wellington!
They must be doing something right!
Well done and good luck with the new venture.

Offline Meleri

• Genealogy & Research team
« Reply #243 on: January 19, 2015, 05:30:47 pm »
I must disagree with you there Mr Tunnock they aren't doing something right at all. May I suggest you look at the last comment on The Wellington Hotel on trip advisor. The young couple running the hotel (very successfully I might add and have won several awards)have lost their home and livelihood.

Offline Mr Tunnock

« Reply #244 on: January 19, 2015, 06:38:10 pm »
Surely it's not the fault of the Lauriston Court, all they have done is buy a hotel that was on the open market for sale?
I meant that the owners of the Lauriston Court must be doing something right to be able to purchase a third hotel so soon.
I'm sorry if any offence has been caused, that was not my intention.

Offline Fester

• Ad Free Member.
  • El Baldito
« Reply #245 on: January 20, 2015, 12:17:57 am »
I must disagree with you there Mr Tunnock they aren't doing something right at all. May I suggest you look at the last comment on The Wellington Hotel on trip advisor. The young couple running the hotel (very successfully I might add and have won several awards)have lost their home and livelihood.

What's the story here Meleri?   (seeing as the thread has 'gossip' in it's title)
Fester...
- Semper in Excretum, Sole Profundum Variat -

Offline Nemesis

« Reply #246 on: January 20, 2015, 09:13:45 am »
Yes. Please enlighten us Meleri

Offline Meleri

« Reply #247 on: January 20, 2015, 02:26:51 pm »
No gossip Fester!

Some friends of mine have stayed several times at the Wellington over the past few years. On every stay they noticed more and more improvements and the comments on Trip Advisor would get better. Nothing was too much trouble for the young couple running it and they built an excellent reputation as a family run business.
You are quite right Mr Tunnock in saying it's not the fault of the Lauriston Court owners, as they are expanding their business. The point I was trying to make was at what cost, a sad case of one man's loss is another man's gain. At the end of the day money talks.

Offline hollins

« Reply #248 on: January 21, 2015, 06:47:07 am »

Offline DaveR

• Administrator
« Reply #249 on: January 21, 2015, 08:37:29 am »
Had a walk past the Clarence Hotel yesterday and noticed that, whilst the upper floors are looking good, no work whatsoever has been carried out on the ground floor frontage apart from the restored verandah.

Offline Nemesis

« Reply #250 on: January 21, 2015, 10:38:29 am »
Had a walk past the Clarence Hotel yesterday and noticed that, whilst the upper floors are looking good, no work whatsoever has been carried out on the ground floor frontage apart from the restored verandah.

We also noticed this. The front is going to have to be tidied before it can open. Were the brick archways there before, does any one remember, they would have been inside what was the café?

Offline Cambrian

« Reply #251 on: January 21, 2015, 02:23:09 pm »
Some good news.  There's very complimentary news items in today's "Daily Telegraph" and "Independent" about the Lawton Court Hotel (North Parade) having secured first place in Trip Advisor's World Top 10 Bargain Hotels category.  Well done to the new owners, Scott and Hannah.

Offline Mr Tunnock

« Reply #252 on: January 21, 2015, 04:33:52 pm »
Perhaps the owner wanted to sell, no moral dilemma in that decision surely?

Offline wrex

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #253 on: January 21, 2015, 04:52:44 pm »
They are not doing anything with the two downstairs units Nem,not until they get a tennant so the bottom is going to go on the eyesore list until the Jewish owners find a tennant or tennants for the two units.

Offline Greyhound

« Reply #254 on: January 21, 2015, 05:10:17 pm »
Do you have to emphasise their religion? Would you have put 'Christian owners' had they been so, or 'black' or 'Asian' had they been of another race? Are you inferring something by saying that Wrex?