Author Topic: Daily Post and North Wales Weekly News  (Read 114288 times)

Offline DaveR

• Administrator
Re: Daily Post and North Wales Weekly News
« Reply #225 on: June 15, 2012, 06:09:20 pm »
Well Wrex was placed on this town to hunt and hound our town and county councillors ,to force the idiots into listening to the electrate,we need xmas lights,nice lawns and flower beds(weeded),a beach not covered in stones and shells. ps where is our Alice Bandstand.
Alice bandstand is appearing in a couple of weeks, I'm told. Unfortunately, I believe it will be too small to house the entire town band and there is no power supply for PA equipment, so it's tricky to see how much use it will get...

Offline Bellringer

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #226 on: June 28, 2012, 03:37:19 pm »
Today's letters' page - is there really an "Oscar Roberts" in Llandudno?

Offline Craigydonian

« Reply #227 on: June 28, 2012, 04:27:14 pm »
No letter is published without a supporting address.
On the subject of the bandstand, it was never intended for the town band, it is for school and childrens' groups to use if they wish to do so.

Offline Quiggs

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #228 on: June 28, 2012, 04:37:54 pm »
Do they teach musical instruments in schools these days ?   ???
Dictum Meum Pactum

Offline DaveR

• Administrator
« Reply #229 on: June 28, 2012, 05:48:05 pm »
No, it's obviously fake - this is the third time at least, why does the editor allow it?

Offline Yorkie

« Reply #230 on: June 28, 2012, 06:48:09 pm »
No, it's obviously fake - this is the third time at least, why does the editor allow it?

Providing they have an address the paper is happy.   They say it is impossible to check each and every name although the writer could use the anonymous tag providing a name and address is given.  :twoface:
Wise men have something to say.
Fools have to say something.
Cicero

Offline DaveR

• Administrator
« Reply #231 on: June 28, 2012, 09:00:36 pm »
Maybe they should ask for a landline phone number and give them a ring. Publishing letters without having proof of identity seems rather foolish and could potentially lead to a lot of trouble.

Offline FatAndy

« Reply #232 on: July 17, 2012, 04:29:47 pm »
Do they teach musical instruments in schools these days ?   ???

Deganwy Primary are very big on music teaching.  We had the, erm, pleasure of attending the end of concert last week (oldest daughter was part of the flute ensemble) and there were kids there playing flutes, clarinets, guitars, bass, drums, xylophone, the harp and not forgetting the Year 3 recorder ensemble.  Well at least I'll never forget it, most nights since the concert I've found myself waking in the dead of night in a cold sweat :o.
"A computer once beat me at chess, but it was no match for me at kick boxing."

Emo Philips

Offline Bri Roberts

• Management board member
« Reply #233 on: August 03, 2012, 11:50:47 am »
I just phoned the NWWN in Llandudno Junction to try and find out if they are closed for lunch as I wanted to call over and spend some money with them.

I was informed they are closed all day today because their two members of staff are both off.  &shake&

I wonder if the Pioneer office in Colwyn Bay is open this afternoon.

Offline Yorkie

« Reply #234 on: August 03, 2012, 11:54:20 am »
The financial report today is that Trinity Mirror Group have had yet another downturn.  Will the NWWN survive?    :o
Wise men have something to say.
Fools have to say something.
Cicero

Offline Bellringer

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #235 on: September 19, 2012, 06:20:47 pm »
Two female police officers killed in Greater Manchester yesterday and the Daily Post manage to report it on PAGE 17 of today's edition --- YES PAGE 17.

I realise Greater Manchester is not in the North Wales area but PAGE 17 ???

Offline Bri Roberts

« Reply #236 on: October 26, 2012, 10:33:04 am »
No doubt the Developer of the Deganwy Castle Hotel will remember to eventually mention on their website details of the boutique hotel, bar/restaurant with 16 car parking spaces, that was mentioned in the NWWN last March, as well as the manager’s accommodation

Prospective apartment purchasers may need to be aware of this before committing to the Early Bird Incentive that is currently available.

After all the NWWN did inform us this was to be boutique hotel, bar with apartments.   

http://www.northwalesweeklynews.co.uk/conwy-county-news/local-conwy-news/2012/03/15/planning-given-to-transform-deganwy-castle-hotel-55243-30534906/

http://www.coastal-homes.net/index.php

Offline DaveR

• Administrator
« Reply #237 on: October 26, 2012, 01:46:01 pm »
Yes, it should definitely be mentioned on the website. Having said that, I'd be quite pleased to have a bar & restaurant closeby.

Offline Bri Roberts

« Reply #238 on: October 27, 2012, 09:47:25 am »
I think we all would, DaveR.

You see the Specification on the website states: “There is allocated parking for each apartment.”

However, the NWWN report states: “The existing car parking areas to the front of the property will provide 20 spaces for the apartments and 16 spaces for the hotel and bar, with three disabled spaces”

That makes sense but a simple calculation for 26 apartments suggests there will only be 10 parking places left for a 9 bed boutique hotel, bar and restaurant.

If one assumes the Hotel Manager living onsite will require a parking place then when the hotel is fully occupied there does not seem to be any car parking spaces left for customers of the new bar and restaurant, except for 3 disabled customers.

As we both recognise there is no mention of the bar and restaurant on the Developer’s website then that may become a concern in due course.

On the other hand, it may just be a typographical error by the NWWN but, in the circumstances, I feel the NWWN do need to clarify this anomaly for its readers.

Offline DaveR

• Administrator
« Reply #239 on: December 05, 2012, 09:21:58 am »
There was a discussion on Twitter about the Weekly News, so I thought I would see how the circulation is holding up:

2009 - 15,124
2012 - 12,247

http://www.nsdatabase.co.uk/newspaperdetail.cfm?paperid=751

I was mooting the idea of a radical overhaul, reducing cover price to 20p. The i paper is only 20p and I buy it without even thinking. I reckon you could double or treble the NWWN circulation (thus increasing the value of the ads sold in the paper) by doing that.