Author Topic: Daily Post and North Wales Weekly News  (Read 114231 times)

Offline DaveR

• Administrator
Re: Daily Post and North Wales Weekly News
« Reply #210 on: February 27, 2012, 08:28:05 pm »
Any rumour associated with me joining the Committee must be the figment of a lunatics warped imagination.
One can only agree.  :laugh:

Offline Yorkie

« Reply #211 on: February 27, 2012, 08:32:31 pm »
Any rumour associated with me joining the Committee must be the figment of a lunatics warped imagination.
One can only agree.  :laugh:

The 'one' no doubt joined by the whole population of Wales!   $walesflag$  ;)   :D
Wise men have something to say.
Fools have to say something.
Cicero

Offline Bri Roberts

• Management board member
Daily Post
« Reply #212 on: March 14, 2012, 10:07:05 am »
At teatime last night, this major story broke on the BBC Website at 5.12pm.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-wales-north-west-wales-17356803

This morning, the story does not get a mention in the Daily Post.

However, the Liverpool - Everton football match ended just before 10pm and it is all over the back page and another two inside pages as well together with photographs.

This leaves me wondering if perhaps all the Daily Post's North Wales reporters finish work at 5pm.

Offline Bri Roberts

Daily Post
« Reply #213 on: March 15, 2012, 07:43:12 am »
The story is in today's Daily Post.

Offline DaveR

• Administrator
« Reply #214 on: March 29, 2012, 12:50:35 pm »
I see there's another fake letter from an Oscar Roberts of Deganwy in the NWWN today. It's an obvious pop at a local businessman and it's about time the NWWN checked the writer's identity a little more closely before publishing letters.

Offline Bri Roberts

« Reply #215 on: March 29, 2012, 07:02:24 pm »
Trinity Mirror reshuffles editors at Daily Post, Wales on Sunday and Wales Online

Newspaper group Trinity Mirror has announced a reshuffle of editors at its titles in Wales.

The restructure was sparked by the departure of Rob Irvine, editor of the north Wales-based Daily Post, who takes over at the Manchester Evening News.

He is being replaced by Alison Gow, who leaves the editorship of Wales on Sunday and website WalesOnline.

She is succeeded at Wales on Sunday by Simon Farrington, and Ceri Gould is promoted to editor of WalesOnline.

Steve Anderson Dixon, managing director of Trinity Mirror North West and Wales, said: "It gives me great pleasure to announce these appointments today. "Alison, Simon and Ceri come with a solid pedigree in the Welsh media and will bring their invaluable insight, experience and journalistic judgement to their new roles.

"I wish them all the very best in their new positions."

Pembrokeshire-born Ms Gow, a former deputy editor of the Liverpool Daily Post, said she was delighted to be joining the Daily Post.

Trinity Mirror is one of the UK's largest newspaper publishers, with five national and more than 130 regional newspapers, including the Western Mail.

Offline Yorkie

« Reply #216 on: April 26, 2012, 08:35:49 am »
Steve Anderson Dixon has so inspired me with his words that I have decided I will buy today's copy and see what is new and old!    :D
Cicero

Offline wrex

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #217 on: April 26, 2012, 06:13:38 pm »
Youe verdict iswhat,Yorkie.

Offline Yorkie

« Reply #218 on: April 27, 2012, 05:21:17 pm »
Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz!    ???
Cicero

Offline Bri Roberts

« Reply #219 on: May 03, 2012, 08:23:01 am »
The front page of today's NWWN was a perfect opportunity to promote the 2012 Llandudno Victorian Extravaganza.

Instead, there is a full page about an internal dispute at Conwy United football club.  :o

Offline Yorkie

« Reply #220 on: May 03, 2012, 08:24:31 am »
I suppose the importance depends on whether you're a football supporter or an Extravaganza supporter!      >>>

Must confess I have absolutely no interest whatsoever in Football, so I know what I would have liked to see on the front page - !   $good$
Cicero

Offline Yorkie

« Reply #221 on: May 26, 2012, 01:43:21 pm »
Trinity Mirror Chairman, Sir Ian Gibson announced he is stepping down on Monday ahead of the planned date of August.   Apparently this could hurry on the departure of the Chief Exec Sly Bailey who is due to quit at the end of this year.

Cicero

Offline wrex

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #222 on: May 31, 2012, 10:29:12 pm »
I have been told tonight that the front page storey is slightly wrong,apparently they are having a base in builders st and not sending all drivers to Bangor.

Offline DaveR

• Administrator
« Reply #223 on: June 15, 2012, 08:14:08 am »
I'm struggling to see how anyone thought this article deserved to be in the NWWN? What next..an article about how a local nutter believes aliens are living inside the Great Orme and are plotting to take over the Town Council?  :o &shake&

Old Colwyn Mayan prophecies
Jun 14 2012 by Richard Evans, North Wales Weekly News

AN OLD Colwyn man believes ancient Mayan prophecies for 2012 will see the world changed forever over the remaining part of the year.

Malcolm Yates, of Llawr Pentre, believes he has been placed on the earth to help people come to terms with a spiritual transition to what he describes as a higher frequency of existence.

Malcolm, 53, believes more highly evolved human extraterrestrials from another planet within our galaxy are about to intervene on Earth.

The retail manager, who works in Llandudno Junction, says corrupt leaders, governments and organisations will be removed from power as part of the takedown and that a New Age will begin where humans will enjoy a higher level of understanding of the workings of the universe.

Malcolm is one of many believers who say a new society, economy and even climate will follow the revolution – contrary to other interpretations of the Mayan calendar which suggest the world will end in December 2012.

Malcolm explained: “This is not a doom and gloom scenario, the darkness, falseness and negativity on the planet is going to be highlighted by the light of the universe.

“There will be a divine intervention as part of this takedown of the people who run the planet, the Dark Cabal. They are a covert elite group that work within the hierarchies and institutions on our planet. These are the people who run the media, the governments, the pharmaceutical companies and the arms dealers. They’ll be removed.

“When these events materialise people are going to be fearful, it’s going to be shocking to find half the US government has been arrested, as well as those in the security and intelligence agencies and the legal justice system.”

Malcolm’s beliefs are contrary to the 2012 Phenomenon which sees some interpretations of the ancient Mayan calendar prophesying an apocalypse, commonly predicted for Friday, December 21.

However, Malcolm believes that instead the prophecies predict a new dawn of existence for the world as we know it.
“The end of the world is just a misrepresentation of the Mayan calendar, we are at the end of a planetary cycle. This is a long prophesied comment of a golden age for humanity, we are going to see incredible technologies and free energy, ending oil monopolies,” he claims.

“We are being aided by extraterrestrials from other solar systems who are very spiritually and technologically advanced. They are already here to assist us, they will revitalise our planet and educate us in the ‘oneness’ of the universe.

“I 100% believe it. Five years ago I was a sceptic but this is not conspiracy theory, it is conspiracy fact. I want people to know change is coming and it’s good news, it’s already happening.

“In the coming months people are going to see changes, it’s going to be all over the TV. You are going to see members of the US Congress arrested and the people running the planet brought to justice. And it’s going to frighten people.

“Already you can’t turn on the TV without seeing corruption in the media.”

http://www.northwalesweeklynews.co.uk/conwy-county-news/local-conwy-news/2012/06/14/old-colwyn-mayan-prophecies-55243-31175828/

Offline wrex

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #224 on: June 15, 2012, 04:42:43 pm »
Well Wrex was placed on this town to hunt and hound our town and county councillors ,to force the idiots into listening to the electrate,we need xmas lights,nice lawns and flower beds(weeded),a beach not covered in stones and shells. ps where is our Alice Bandstand.