Author Topic: Daily Post and North Wales Weekly News  (Read 114201 times)

Offline wrex

• Ad Free Member
Re: Daily Post and North Wales Weekly News
« Reply #195 on: January 26, 2012, 08:24:16 pm »
Of course not Bellringer,im just sick of dros the editor keeps feeding us with no thought or imagination to keep readers who are looking for lalandudno news happy,thats all and at the end of the day she won;t get me back buying the paper.

Offline Yorkie

« Reply #196 on: January 26, 2012, 08:51:25 pm »
I think you will get a bit more support for this Crusade than the Xmas lights and I'm with you all the way!   I think this Forum has more up to date news than the NWWN and it is available free of charge and slap bang up to date.

Forums are proving to be the demise of the Press, many of whom are now offering on-line subscription services.    ;)
Wise men have something to say.
Fools have to say something.
Cicero

Offline wrex

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #197 on: February 02, 2012, 03:58:27 pm »
 ;D How is this weeks edition,any Llandudno news ,any stories on why Sainsburys has stalled,why Llandudno railway station is stalled again, any news on the Tudno castle,Pier Pavilion,Clarence or is it still void of any of the local issues most of us WOULD like to read about. ££$

Offline Fester

• Ad Free Member.
  • El Baldito
« Reply #198 on: February 02, 2012, 03:59:52 pm »
Did you buy it today Wrex?
Fester...
- Semper in Excretum, Sole Profundum Variat -

Offline wrex

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #199 on: February 02, 2012, 04:12:59 pm »
No i can;t justify spending on it,i hope they have been listening but until things change there is no chance of me buying it again.

Offline Merddin Emrys

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #200 on: February 02, 2012, 04:31:32 pm »
Surely they can only print what has happened?  I'd love to read that the Pier Pavillion was being rebuilt and the station etc etc, but as nothings happening what stories do they have?  As I've said many times we need one issue to cover the area, more to read about then.
A pigeon is for life not just Christmas

Offline wrex

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #201 on: February 02, 2012, 04:50:54 pm »
As a community paper it would be nice for them to in vestigate WHY there is no movement on the issues that concern us and put some pressure on our beloved councillors

Offline Bri Roberts

• Management board member
« Reply #202 on: February 02, 2012, 06:37:28 pm »
wrex, I think you will find the NWNN no longer has the resources to carry out the investigative journalism you are asking for.

Offline wrex

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #203 on: February 02, 2012, 07:49:17 pm »
oh  well,never mind

Offline outlawowl

« Reply #204 on: February 02, 2012, 08:16:27 pm »
Better stick with the Pioneer . . .most of the local news, its free . . . and its staff seem to have a feel for the town

Offline Yorkie

« Reply #205 on: February 24, 2012, 07:58:32 pm »
Yesterday we forgot to buy the NWWN and only realised this evening!   Did we miss anything?

Just shows that you don't have to go "cold turkey" to give up!    $donald$
Cicero

Offline wrex

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #206 on: February 27, 2012, 04:23:32 pm »
Yorkie did you miss anything,next week they may feature your favorite event,the Llandudno Victorian Extravaganza as it seems to have hit a little problem.It never warranted a mention the week before the event last year so maybe this time they will leave it alone. Never was sure why the NWWN decided the biggest event in Wales was not worthy of a mention,it could have been spite because they did not advertise with them,maybe they will explain oneday.

Offline Yorkie

« Reply #207 on: February 27, 2012, 05:23:28 pm »
I daren't commit to print all the rumours I have heard about the Extravaganza - Even though I don't like it myself I don't wish it any harm.   I enjoy my little holiday away instead!   ZXZ
Cicero

Offline wrex

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #208 on: February 27, 2012, 06:07:16 pm »
Yorkie you can have a holiday anytime,please don;t use the extravaganza as an excuse to go away.the rumour is you are joining the committee.What ever rumours are about ,this is the truth,the chairman has resigned and stepped down as event co-ordinator,so leaving those on the committee with a huge effort to get it on at such a late date.Any rumour that CCBC is taking it over are not true,they have their hands full in Colwyn Bay.

Offline Yorkie

« Reply #209 on: February 27, 2012, 08:20:30 pm »
Dear Wrex

Contrary to what you presume, we do not use the Extravaganza as an excuse to go away.  It is just convenient for us top go in Early May as we have been doing so for almost 20 years.
The fact that we miss the Extravaganza is a BONUS!    Z**

As far as the rumours are concerned, I consider them as such and they do not bear repeating.  Had they had some substance and worthy of publishing on this august Forum, I would have done so.   Your addition that CCBC was taking over is an extra to what I had heard.

Any rumour associated with me joining the Committee must be the figment of a lunatics warped imagination.  NEVER in a Million Years!!!   I can even probably name the source of that rumour.

I have pleasure in repeating for your benefit a sentence from my last posting  -- Even though I don't like it myself I don't wish it (the extravaganza) any harm.    WWW
Cicero