Author Topic: Llandudno Victorian Extravaganza  (Read 175229 times)

Offline Fester

• Ad Free Member.
  • El Baldito
Re: Llandudno Victorian Extravaganza
« Reply #480 on: May 15, 2013, 12:02:55 am »
.......... just keep doing it, (please)
Fester...
- Semper in Excretum, Sole Profundum Variat -

Offline wrex

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #481 on: May 15, 2013, 07:35:42 am »
Its hard Fester when you realise how much some are making and you don;t get as much as a thank you, i will list the supporters on here soon,just so everyone knows who helps.

Offline DaveR

• Administrator
« Reply #482 on: May 15, 2013, 07:53:50 am »
Its hard Fester when you realise how much some are making and you don;t get as much as a thank you, i will list the supporters on here soon,just so everyone knows who helps.
That's a good idea.  $good$

Offline Ian

• Administrator
« Reply #483 on: May 15, 2013, 08:17:39 am »
I thought the names of supporters were also printed in the Programme.
Nothing is so firmly believed as that which we least know.  ― Michel de Montaigne

Si hoc legere scis, nimis eruditionis habes.

Offline wrex

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #484 on: May 15, 2013, 11:50:20 am »
lots are Ian,but for excample,the lads from the town house gave us two cheques one for each pub over the weekend,if all the others did this we would be laughing

Offline Ian

• Administrator
« Reply #485 on: May 15, 2013, 12:10:48 pm »
Yes, of course;  spontaneous donations are always a problem to include.
Nothing is so firmly believed as that which we least know.  ― Michel de Montaigne

Si hoc legere scis, nimis eruditionis habes.

Offline Michael

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #486 on: May 15, 2013, 02:16:41 pm »
  I've got a nasty feeling that I could make a good guess at some of the businesses that took a lot of money and never even bothered a thankyou

Offline wrex

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #487 on: May 15, 2013, 03:35:45 pm »
Do you mean the one who sold 3,ooo fish over the weekend Ormegolf,yet told me he does;nt make any extra over the weekend,some people just like to whind others up,you just have to ignore him.

Offline Blongb

• Management board member
  • I love living in Llandudno.
« Reply #488 on: May 15, 2013, 07:09:33 pm »
I won't buy anything from that chippy on a point of principle.  &shake&
Quot homines tot sententiae: suus cuique mos.
(There are as many opinions as there are people: each has his own view.)

Offline Michael

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #489 on: May 15, 2013, 10:56:06 pm »
 If the extravaganza has a collection box, don't ask that business to chip in. It might be cold and greasy

Offline wrex

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #490 on: May 28, 2013, 06:44:32 pm »
I have just read a few bad comments on Oscar left by somebody knocking Gaynor Baker the event co-ordinator,its a very sad situation when a person hides their identity saying such things,if Gaynor has upset one person im sure she would love to apologies,one thing i will say is the event is only running because of Gaynor and Barney giving their all,there are plenty of us who do our bit but those two go well beyond to put a brilliant show on as just proved,so it appears somebody may be rather jealous of their success.

Offline mrsflintstone

« Reply #491 on: May 29, 2013, 05:34:14 pm »
Gareth thanks for defending me your are a great friend and like myself and Barney very passionate about the Extravaganza As you  know it has been a while since my last walk out!! so it seems strange that the person has waited till now to voice their views about me so publicly :-[   the committee votes on a lot of issues and their are quite a few strong willed people in the room so as for my way or no way comment that's Strange we all have opinions and with the chairman and vice chair they keep us all in check lol    I AM VERY UPSET  that someone has called me AYOTOLAH publicly and anonymously that is not fair, I thought everyone in the room was a friend please at least tell me to my face your problems and lets see if we can resolve the situation

Offline wrex

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #492 on: June 23, 2013, 12:40:16 pm »
We are still looking for new younger blood to join,as we have seen with Broadway ,nothing is safe so we need to look to the future if this event is to remain.Not sure if we have got it right yet or people have given up moaning about .

Offline wrex

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #493 on: October 12, 2013, 09:25:47 am »
Right its that time again when i start meeting funfair operators to disscuss positions etc,but do any of you have any suggestions besides scrap ing it,moving on the prom blah,blah,i like to keep things a little different every year just so its not the same but it can be difficult so if you have any ideas,quality that is let me know.

Offline Bellringer

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #494 on: October 12, 2013, 10:45:38 am »
Would be grateful if the rear entrance at Holy Trinity Church could be left unobstructed by any of the rides ..... please.