Author Topic: Llandudno Victorian Extravaganza  (Read 175119 times)

Offline mrsflintstone

Re: Llandudno Victorian Extravaganza
« Reply #465 on: May 11, 2013, 01:20:04 pm »
Dave R  fantastic photo,s would it be possible to use them on the Extravaganza facebook page as they do the event such justice   $walesflag$ $thanx$

Offline DaveR

• Administrator
« Reply #466 on: May 11, 2013, 07:01:00 pm »
Dave R  fantastic photo,s would it be possible to use them on the Extravaganza facebook page as they do the event such justice   $walesflag$ $thanx$
Hi, yes, feel free to use them on the FB page or website, anywhere you like. Would you like me to add them in or can you do it?

Offline wrex

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #467 on: May 12, 2013, 11:27:58 am »
Thanks DaveR ,i shall wake the event co-ordinator up now to answer your question.

Offline mrsflintstone

« Reply #468 on: May 12, 2013, 11:38:21 am »
Dave R have posted some but it long task as i have to save etc would be grateful if you could post some then i can approve and display them !!! thanks Wrex for Disclosing my identity  :rage:

Offline mrsflintstone

« Reply #469 on: May 12, 2013, 10:41:54 pm »
Local newspaper prints lovely picture of all traction engines in paper under title transport festival steam parade Grrrrrrrrh makes me mad  the transport festival has nothing to do with the extravaganza, it is a completely separate event that charges to enter.
The steam attractions cost the extravaganza in the region of £20 thousand pound and we rely on local sponsorship and donations from visitor enjoying the event but when the paper keeps getting it wrong it makes our job hard as we cannot convince people we are not council run (they give us £3000 then charge us that for street cleaning and we don't provide food!!)
So to clear up any misunderstandings the event is run by unpaid volunteers, who give their time freely to put on this event which is funded by fairground rent, program sponsorship/ sales and public donations it has NOTHING TO DO WITH THE TRANSPORT FESTIVAL AND IT IS NOT COUNCIL FUNDED/RUN
it is done by a FEW for the MANY to ENJOY

Offline Fester

• Ad Free Member.
  • El Baldito
« Reply #470 on: May 12, 2013, 11:00:49 pm »
Mrs F...

Never in the field of human entertainment, has so MUCH been done for so MANY, by so FEW..... for so LITTLE!
Fester...
- Semper in Excretum, Sole Profundum Variat -

Offline Merddin Emrys

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #471 on: May 12, 2013, 11:09:39 pm »
Very good Fester, I've heard that before somewhere?  :laugh:
A pigeon is for life not just Christmas

Offline wrex

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #472 on: May 13, 2013, 07:46:01 am »
Ever thought of being a poet Mr Fester,anyway when is the Lily grill and bar opening.

Offline DaveR

• Administrator
« Reply #473 on: May 13, 2013, 08:17:31 am »
Be a week or two yet. The whole place is undergoing a deep clean, apparently.

Looks like it'll be a battle between the Lilly Bar & Grill and Dr. Jones' Bar & Grill as to which one opens first.  ;D

Offline DaveR

• Administrator
« Reply #474 on: May 13, 2013, 08:18:32 am »
Local newspaper prints lovely picture of all traction engines in paper under title transport festival steam parade Grrrrrrrrh makes me mad  the transport festival has nothing to do with the extravaganza, it is a completely separate event that charges to enter.
The steam attractions cost the extravaganza in the region of £20 thousand pound and we rely on local sponsorship and donations from visitor enjoying the event but when the paper keeps getting it wrong it makes our job hard as we cannot convince people we are not council run (they give us £3000 then charge us that for street cleaning and we don't provide food!!)
So to clear up any misunderstandings the event is run by unpaid volunteers, who give their time freely to put on this event which is funded by fairground rent, program sponsorship/ sales and public donations it has NOTHING TO DO WITH THE TRANSPORT FESTIVAL AND IT IS NOT COUNCIL FUNDED/RUN
it is done by a FEW for the MANY to ENJOY
And you all do an excellent job!  $good$

Offline DaveR

• Administrator
« Reply #475 on: May 13, 2013, 02:29:17 pm »
Whilst wandering along the Prom during the Extravaganza, I was struck by how many people were enjoying the Fairground Organ that was playing by the Cenotaph.

I thought to myself....why can't the Town Council pay to hire the Organ to play on the Prom during the peak weekends in the Summer? I'm sure it would be very popular with visitors and bring a little more life to the Prom.

Here it is in action:
98 Key Southsea Atkinson Gavioli at Llandudno Victorian Extravaganza

Llandudno Victorian Extravaganza 2013 by [davidrobertsphotography], on Flickr

Offline Merddin Emrys

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #476 on: May 13, 2013, 11:19:50 pm »
It would be popular although I have to confess I'm not a fan of that music!

Some more pics from this year, now that they are easier to put on!

Offline Merddin Emrys

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #477 on: May 13, 2013, 11:34:41 pm »
The amazing Mr Alexander!

Offline wrex

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #478 on: May 14, 2013, 08:15:22 pm »
Well i heard this evening that a certain chip shop in the middle of town did 3,000 fish over the weekend,remind me again why i do this.

Offline mrsflintstone

« Reply #479 on: May 14, 2013, 08:26:31 pm »
Wrex we both know why we do it!!!its not for the chips  :P :P :P :P $walesflag$