Author Topic: Llandudno Victorian Extravaganza  (Read 175242 times)

Offline Yorkie

Re: Llandudno Victorian Extravaganza
« Reply #390 on: January 06, 2013, 04:03:15 pm »
What is the insurance arrangements for the parade?   Presuming that cover has to be taken out  for all those taking part, surely the organisers would have to declare the names of all participants.   Of course I stand to be corrected.   WWW 
Wise men have something to say.
Fools have to say something.
Cicero

Offline DaveR

• Administrator
« Reply #391 on: January 06, 2013, 04:44:12 pm »
Public Liability Insurance, I imagine. It's not like you need the name & address of everyone who enters a shop, for example, is it?

Offline Michael

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #392 on: January 06, 2013, 08:41:38 pm »
  Wrex, please don't thank me for my interest---its the other way around, I should be thanking you. As always I've got self interest in my query.
  However, rather than just turning up as a complete surprise, I think my honest side forces me to write about my vague plan.
  Ive got a small one wheel tailer which attaches on to the back of a push bike, vintage, 3 wheeler, whatever. On this trailer is a proper fixed steel attachment which holds a fairly small advertising banner. My idea:--Me, dressed up in a fancy dress as a victorian golfer (there are such things) on the bike and a photo of my golf course with just the title of the place---nothing else, no phone numbers, nothing.
  The size of the banner is roughly 2foot six by about 6 feet high.  Mike

Offline Michael

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #393 on: January 06, 2013, 08:56:36 pm »
   I just thought I had better add this bit on. I wouldn't even THINK of attempting anything like this if I had any business opposition, because of possible complaints. But I hav'ent any. The big clubs would fall over laughing at the idea. I am on friendly terms with both the local crazy golf operators and I am sure they would not be bothered. And local putting greens are a different thing altogether.  Mike

Offline Fester

• Ad Free Member.
  • El Baldito
« Reply #394 on: January 06, 2013, 09:13:18 pm »
Your entrepreneurial genius knows no bounds, Sir!   :golf:
Fester...
- Semper in Excretum, Sole Profundum Variat -

Offline Michael

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #395 on: January 07, 2013, 03:30:37 pm »
 Fester, that's a bloody good word, ----- that enterpris oh entrapre oh you know what I mean, if only I could spell it Mike

Offline wrex

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #396 on: January 17, 2013, 07:45:31 am »
We have had a good responce from our sponsorship letters sent out to every hotel and guest houses and its nice to recieve some letters thanking us for what we do,some people still think the council run it and they can;t believe we get nothing out of doing it besides getting the satisfaction of seeing the town busy,thank you for your support.

Offline wrex

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #397 on: January 21, 2013, 09:31:44 am »
If you saw how Britain was built which was a brilliant advert for Llandudno you will have seen the slip being repaired then built on the prom,well im glad to say it will reappear on Mostyn st in may,we also have a couple of new bands appearing this year in the parade,still waiting to find out what the Alice group are doing this year but we will work together if required.The parade will leave outside the Albert at 1pm each day and will go back to Deganwy ave route.

Offline wrex

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #398 on: January 22, 2013, 04:33:34 pm »
Hopefully we will have an Irish band marching this year. $good$

Offline wrex

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #399 on: January 26, 2013, 06:41:50 pm »
Im glad to say that there will be two specials in Llandudno on the Saturday of the extravaganza,one a steam train from Tydsley and one a diesel from Cambridge which is already sold out,so it is nice to know we are doing something right ,i just hope the town gets behind us.

Offline DaveR

• Administrator
« Reply #400 on: January 27, 2013, 01:35:03 pm »
Good work, Wrex  $good$

Offline wrex

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #401 on: January 27, 2013, 02:04:42 pm »
Thanks Dave,we are busy sorting the funfair,entertainment,organising the steam,road closures,collecters license,street licence,the programme,advertising,planning so we can put the banners up,so as you see Dave there is loads to do and somepeople wonder why we ask for donations and help,baffles me ,but my main satisfaction comes when you see the local kids enjoying their town for one weekend of the year.

Offline wrex

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #402 on: January 30, 2013, 05:15:08 pm »
Website up and running now. www.victorian-extravaganza.com.

Offline Ian

• Administrator
« Reply #403 on: January 30, 2013, 05:30:01 pm »
Wrex:  there's some place holder text still in place Under 'testimonials' , and some ropey justification in the top LH side text under Come One Come All.
Nothing is so firmly believed as that which we least know.  ― Michel de Montaigne

Si hoc legere scis, nimis eruditionis habes.

Offline Nemesis

• Management board member
« Reply #404 on: January 31, 2013, 09:05:12 am »
The countdown is partially obliterated .
Mad, Bad and Dangerous to know.