Author Topic: Llandudno Victorian Extravaganza  (Read 175112 times)

Offline wrex

• Ad Free Member
Re: Llandudno Victorian Extravaganza
« Reply #255 on: March 24, 2012, 10:15:01 pm »
Things seem to be back on track,its hard to ask for help when you get slaughtered o Oscar so it seems were left to go it alone,little help from CCBC and unable to plea for support so this tears will go ahead but next years is going to change,in the way it is run and funded.

Offline wrex

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #256 on: March 25, 2012, 07:55:45 am »
The hospitality Association are supposed to be collecting for us ,when they heard rumours the event was in trouble they offered to collect around the large hotels so lets hope they contact us soon.

Offline Bri Roberts

• Management board member
« Reply #257 on: March 25, 2012, 08:35:40 am »
Judging by some of the comments, wrex, the updated site has a few problems.

http://www.victorian-extravaganza.co.uk/

Hopefully, they can be rectified quite quickly.

Offline Nemesis

• Management board member
« Reply #258 on: March 25, 2012, 09:49:17 am »
Doesn't seem to be any pics in the photo gallery!
Mad, Bad and Dangerous to know.

Offline wrex

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #259 on: March 25, 2012, 05:14:52 pm »
I have just apologised to Oscar for the little misunderstanding,he accused me of slagging him of when that is the last thing i would do,Oscar normally supports the extravaganza and what was meant was we get slaughtered ON Oscar and not by Oscar,sorry.

Offline wjones74

« Reply #260 on: March 25, 2012, 07:54:04 pm »
I have just apologised to Oscar for the little misunderstanding,he accused me of slagging him of when that is the last thing i would do,Oscar normally supports the extravaganza and what was meant was we get slaughtered ON Oscar and not by Oscar,sorry.

Yes , thought it was strange , we all know how much you do for the extravaganza , and yes, oscar is also a decent supporter of the event ! All is well again !
all we need now is this lovely weather over that weekend  ZXZ

Offline wrex

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #261 on: March 27, 2012, 06:44:33 pm »
On the Friday afternoon there is a Alice day on the prom as it is her birthday ,so the extravaganza will be doing a bit with the event(4 may),as you may know Mr B Mortelock has aquired the Alice collection and has plans to open an Alice museum soon,so this should be good for the town and look forward to seeing his plans.

Offline wrex

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #262 on: March 27, 2012, 06:50:15 pm »
 $walesflag$ He seems to have had a lot of interest in the day from all over the country and abroad,with entertainers coming from all over to celebrate her birthday.

Offline Yorkie

« Reply #263 on: March 28, 2012, 06:31:37 pm »
One of the biggest Alice fan clubs is in Japan - must be the furthest away also!  Domo origato!   ZXZ
Wise men have something to say.
Fools have to say something.
Cicero

Offline wrex

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #264 on: March 30, 2012, 05:57:45 pm »
Im glad to say the website is looking a bit better now,sorry for the delay but we have only just got access to it so we will now be able to add to it with some help from a certain man,many thanks Dave.

Offline DaveR

• Administrator
« Reply #265 on: March 30, 2012, 09:00:57 pm »
Im glad to say the website is looking a bit better now,sorry for the delay but we have only just got access to it so we will now be able to add to it with some help from a certain man,many thanks Dave.
Glad to help out, Wrex. It's Llandudno's single most important event and it needs to have a good website.

It is looking a lot better but there are still a few bits and pieces that need fixing. I will try and get it finished off over the next few days

http://www.victorian-extravaganza.co.uk/

Offline wrex

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #266 on: April 05, 2012, 02:22:05 pm »
Nice to see the local press giving the extravaganza some positive cover,everybody seems to be pulling together to get our event up and running to full steam.

Offline Yorkie

« Reply #267 on: April 05, 2012, 08:48:24 pm »
I'll be around to let off steam!   Couldn't get away this year so I will probably enjoy the spectacle along with everyone else.

I love the steam organs so can often be found standing google eyed in front of the biggest and brashest one in the show!    D)

If you're around I'll buy you a coffee at Nero's.
Wise men have something to say.
Fools have to say something.
Cicero

Offline wrex

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #268 on: April 07, 2012, 09:13:39 am »
Does that include a muffin Yorkie ?. I hope they realise how busy they are going to be.

Offline DaveR

• Administrator
« Reply #269 on: April 07, 2012, 09:33:36 am »
Mmmm...bacon muffin at Caffe Nero. One is never enough!  ;)