Author Topic: Covid restrictions enforcement  (Read 88161 times)

Offline Dave

Re: Covid restrictions enforcement
« Reply #510 on: February 14, 2021, 03:16:25 pm »
I'm not prepared to risk mine or anyone else either that's why I have obeyed them almost to the rigid letter but not quite as I have just admitted. If everyone followed my interpretation, and I think the vast majority have done too,  we would not be in the situation we have been and of that I'm almost certain.

Offline Hugo

• Management board member
« Reply #511 on: February 14, 2021, 10:08:20 pm »
Minibus driver who brought group to Welsh beauty spot from England is fined
The bus was found to have driven 80 miles from Cheltenham into Wale
s
It's just a shame that the Police didn't catch the 10 other idiots

https://www.dailypost.co.uk/news/north-wales-news/minibus-driver-who-brought-group-19838390

Offline SteveH

• Management Board Member & Newsgroup Editor
« Reply #512 on: February 15, 2021, 03:18:15 pm »
Home Office minister Victoria Atkins said the rules would be "amongst the strongest in the world".             &shake&
Who is she kidding, there not even the strongest in Europe

Everything you need to know about UK's 'quarantine hotel' system

QUARANTINE hotels have become a reality in the UK from today, Monday.

Some international arrivals will now be required to quarantine in a hotel room for over a week upon returning to the UK.

Generally, travelling into Wales from abroad is not permitted whilst living under the current alert level 4 restrictions. However, there are limited circumstances where it is permitted - such as for work purposes, education or to return home.

Here is everything you need to know about the new measures and how they may affect you:       ...........................   

https://www.northwalespioneer.co.uk/news/19090788.everything-need-know-uks-quarantine-hotel-system/

Offline Blongb

• I love living in Llandudno.
« Reply #513 on: February 15, 2021, 05:38:07 pm »
Am I the only person to suffer from a flat car battery in lockdown? I have 4 times now due to taking the car no further than Craig-y-Don to Aldi and back. I walked to Halfords in search of a particular device I was after that would solve the problem. They were out of stock but the computer said there was one left at Bangor. I was quite prepared to drive there to pick it up too, shock, horror but it turned out they hadn't got one after all.

I was having the same trouble with my battery but since I started to use my battery booster for every start (even when the engine was warm) I've had no more trouble

https://www.eurocarparts.com/p/top-tech-3-in1-12ah-booster-jump-pack-with-tyre-inflator-529771211?gclid=Cj0KCQiA1KiBBhCcARIsAPWqoSoXXHaq6-3wCOrx7dWbqJgXK_GqZxl6Ydq_IDtYdvGNWh9Mdgd7qiIaAlVdEALw_wcB
Quot homines tot sententiae: suus cuique mos.
(There are as many opinions as there are people: each has his own view.)

Offline mull

« Reply #514 on: February 16, 2021, 06:32:42 pm »
Its in Cumbria but it did not have to happen.

https://www.bbc.co.uk-england-cumbria-56081225

Offline mull

« Reply #515 on: February 17, 2021, 09:08:19 am »
Sorry about that , Link will not work.

500 foot fall by member of Patterdale MRT with life changing injuries while going to rescue a Covidiot.

Offline SteveH

• Management Board Member & Newsgroup Editor
« Reply #516 on: February 17, 2021, 10:10:17 am »
Sorry about that , Link will not work.

500 foot fall by member of Patterdale MRT with life changing injuries while going to rescue a Covidiot.

Mrs H told me about it last night..........It does bring home the consequences of those being irresponsible. my best wishes to him for a good recovery.

Mountain rescue volunteer suffers life-changing injuries rescuing campers who breached Covid lockdown
Chris Lewis, 60, from Patterdale Mountain Rescue Team, fell 150 metres during the call-out

https://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/news/uk-news/mountain-rescue-volunteer-suffers-life-19847960

Search page all articles      https://www.google.com/search?q=Patterdale+MRT+with+life+changing+injuries&rlz=1C1CHBF_en-GBGB813GB813&oq=Patterdale+MRT+with+life+changing+injuries+&aqs=chrome..69i57.2001j0j15&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8

"More than £360,000 has been raised in just hours for the Patterdale Mountain Rescue Team member injured in a callout earlier this month. "

Offline Hugo

« Reply #517 on: February 17, 2021, 02:46:05 pm »
I get really angry when I hear of irresponsible people going up mountains in adverse weather conditions and then calling out the Mountain Rescue teams when they get into trouble.
Every time a Mountain Rescue Team goes out there is always a chance that the rescuers could get into trouble themselves as this incident has proved.
You have been involved in Search and Rescue for many years Mull and would know how dedicated those involved in the rescues are.   Out in all types of weather conditions and taking risks in saving lives and hoping that everyone comes back safe and sound
It must be so frustrating for you to hear of incidents like this happening.       I know it won't happen but many people feel that those irresponsible people should be made to pay for their foolish antics.
I wonder if those people who have been rescued ever make donations to the MRT  but at least these people have been fined for breaking Covid rules

Offline Helig

« Reply #518 on: February 17, 2021, 03:02:17 pm »
I think the time has come to make people pay something towards the costs of rescuing them. It is all very well to do do this as a free service but there is a reckless attitude that seems to prevail these days. It isn't right for the foolhardy to put the lives of others at risk due to their stupidity. Some sort of financial cost might make them think twice before setting out on a dangerous escapade. The same can be said for the cost of treating them on the NHS when they are injured. This is self inflicted and due to their negligence.

Offline Dave

« Reply #519 on: February 17, 2021, 05:54:08 pm »
The same can be said for the cost of treating them on the NHS when they are injured. This is self inflicted and due to their negligence.

Where do you stop? Make everyone pay if they have had an accident that's their own fault ? Car crash? Falling off a ladder? If you were to say we all should take out private health care insurance that would have most of  the population of the UK up in arms or are you suggesting maybe just accident insurance, or possibly specific insurance for specific events? It's a can of worms when you think about it.

Offline Dave

« Reply #520 on: February 17, 2021, 06:04:53 pm »
I get really angry when I hear of irresponsible people going up mountains in adverse weather conditions and then calling out the Mountain Rescue teams when they get into trouble.
Every time a Mountain Rescue Team goes out there is always a chance that the rescuers could get into trouble themselves as this incident has proved.
You have been involved in Search and Rescue for many years Mull and would know how dedicated those involved in the rescues are.   Out in all types of weather conditions and taking risks in saving lives and hoping that everyone comes back safe and sound
It must be so frustrating for you to hear of incidents like this happening.       I know it won't happen but many people feel that those irresponsible people should be made to pay for their foolish antics.
I wonder if those people who have been rescued ever make donations to the MRT  but at least these people have been fined for breaking Covid rules

Mountain rescue teams are of a like mind of many, but not all, of those they rescue I would have thought. Of course some people are totally stupid and set off up mountains totally unprepared and with no experience, others are well prepared and want to challenge themselves. Personally I don't get it any of it. I don't want to risk my life doing anything from climbing a mountain to parachuting, even worse going down a pot hole. Everyone starts somewhere and some bite of more than they can chew but the rescue services are non judgmental and volunteer. I guess it's their choice and they do it probably to repay the fact that the rescue service is there for them too if ever they need it.

Offline Dave

« Reply #521 on: February 17, 2021, 06:46:42 pm »
A further thought, are the rescue teams themselves insured for accidents, injuries etc? Hopefully they are and it's paid for out of funds of that organisation. You never want any of them to make a claim but in instances like this you don't want the individual to suffer any financial loss to themselves or their families.

Offline Helig

« Reply #522 on: February 18, 2021, 03:23:07 pm »
The fact that they had set up a fund for Chris Lewis from Patterdale Mountain Rescue makes me think that the people in these rescue teams are not insured. I question whether the insurers would want to take the risk anyway. Should insurance be offered I expect it would be very expensive.

It is common for people in car crashes to be charged for NHS treatment. This is met by insurance usually.

In view of the persistent problems with ignorant people putting their lives at risk and those of others as well, I think there should be some sort of deterrent to reckless ventures in the mountains etc. The rescuers volunteer for assisting people who are in a crisis but shouldn't those who have self inflicted their situation be held responsible in some way?

Offline Dave

« Reply #523 on: February 18, 2021, 03:45:23 pm »
It is common for people in car crashes to be charged for NHS treatment. This is met by insurance usually.

That's surprising and something I wasn't aware of although come to think of it, I once ran over a child who ran in to the road without looking as school was coming out. I was sent the bill for the ambulance.

Fortunately I had witnesses that vouched for me otherwise the police told me I would automatically be assumed as at fault. It was a 30mph zone in those days but seeing the potential I was driving at a much slower speed and the young lad was uninjured. The grill in the brand new car was in need of replacing, the dent on the bonnet knocked out. It all came off my insurance...the bill for the ambulance that arrived later was the final insult!!

Offline Dave

« Reply #524 on: February 18, 2021, 04:02:46 pm »
In view of the persistent problems with ignorant people putting their lives at risk and those of others as well, I think there should be some sort of deterrent to reckless ventures in the mountains etc. The rescuers volunteer for assisting people who are in a crisis but shouldn't those who have self inflicted their situation be held responsible in some way?

Ignoring the covid lockdown rule breaking for which anyone who seriously disobeys the rules deserves what they get....even £10k if they lie about where they have arrived back in the UK from In my humble opinion..... what do you define as reckless adventures? The list goes on and on. The Cumbria incident was treated as a lockdown rule offence and the fines issued were deemed appropriate. If there had not been a lockdown in progress the same scenario would still have occurred although no doubt the fact that the rescue team have to wear additional PPE might make things even more difficult for them. In actual fact the incident they were called to wasn't an accident but a suspected heart attack I believe.