Author Topic: Local Eyesores  (Read 575551 times)

Offline Helig

• Management board member
Pier Pavilion site
« Reply #1050 on: July 01, 2015, 12:58:57 pm »
Can anyone tell me if anything has happened to improve the site of the Pier Pavilion which burned down in a fire ages ago?

Helig.

Offline Fester

• Ad Free Member.
  • El Baldito
Re: Pier Pavilion site
« Reply #1051 on: July 01, 2015, 01:16:24 pm »
Can anyone tell me if anything has happened to improve the site of the Pier Pavilion which burned down in a fire ages ago?

Helig.

Take a look on the thread... local eyesores,   and that will tell you that sadly, NOTHING has happened in the last 20 years apart from it looking worse than ever!
Certain mayors and politicians have talked a good game about getting things moving as a priority.
But of course they achieve precisely nothing.
Fester...
- Semper in Excretum, Sole Profundum Variat -

Offline Helig

• Management board member
« Reply #1052 on: July 02, 2015, 02:22:26 pm »
Thanks, Fester,

I suspected as much but had hoped that the council had been shamed into taking action to improve things. It is difficult to see how any reasonable council of a town which has tourism as a key source of income would allow this to continue for so long. I think there needs to be a local action group to campaign vigorously and expose the failure to act. 20 years is inexcusable.

Helig.

Offline Fester

• Ad Free Member.
  • El Baldito
« Reply #1053 on: July 02, 2015, 03:01:05 pm »
Thanks, Fester,

I suspected as much but had hoped that the council had been shamed into taking action to improve things. It is difficult to see how any reasonable council of a town which has tourism as a key source of income would allow this to continue for so long. I think there needs to be a local action group to campaign vigorously and expose the failure to act. 20 years is inexcusable.

Helig.

In respect of most basic functions the Town council have no bearing on them, they are purely ceremonial, (despite costing us all money).
The County Council who have real responsibility, struggle with even the most basic levels of service on the things they are responsible for.
Any project concerning something as large as the Pier Pavilion site is completely outside the scope and competency levels of those we pay so handsomely to manage such a thing.
Fester...

Offline wrex

• Ad Free Member
Re: Local Eyesores
« Reply #1054 on: July 08, 2015, 05:04:31 pm »
They seem to have fenced off part of Broadway boulavard,i wonder how many years that will sit there

Offline norman08

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #1055 on: July 08, 2015, 07:49:28 pm »
It won,t be too long Wrex they will want it open so their hotel,s guests have somewhere to go .

Offline DaveR

• Administrator
« Reply #1056 on: July 08, 2015, 07:57:23 pm »
They seem to have fenced off part of Broadway boulavard,i wonder how many years that will sit there
Probably bits of the render falling off again. Hopefully, we will see some basic repairs to the fabric of the building at least this year.

Offline wrex

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #1057 on: July 13, 2015, 06:30:28 pm »
I asked the question on facebook about Broadway Boulavard and one lady reckons it is being done,i hope so.

Offline DaveR

• Administrator
« Reply #1058 on: July 14, 2015, 01:19:22 pm »
Workmen have now started work at the Boulevard.

Offline wrex

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #1059 on: July 14, 2015, 09:23:07 pm »
I thought we were going to hear news on the Pier Pavillion weeks ago.

Offline DaveR

• Administrator
« Reply #1060 on: July 15, 2015, 09:30:47 am »
Everything comes to he who waits, Wrex....

Offline Fester

• Ad Free Member.
  • El Baldito
« Reply #1061 on: July 15, 2015, 11:08:26 am »

The plans which were expected to be on the Planning Dept desk several weeks ago, have still not been lodged.
Fester...

Offline wrex

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #1062 on: July 15, 2015, 06:09:38 pm »
Waiting and me don;t go,your a long time dead.I want to see these improvement in our beach and town.

Offline SteveH

• Management Board Member & Newsgroup Editor
« Reply #1063 on: July 20, 2015, 04:18:09 pm »
Llandudno's Broadway Boulevard will open by end of year

Llandudno's Broadway Boulevard will be back open by Christmas with plans for a cash generating music venue to help fund the future regeneration of the Grand Theatre.

Simon Moppett from MBI Consulting - which bought the site for £140,000 in March - took the Daily Post on a tour of the site.
He said they could not continue to let the historic venue lie empty and continue to deteriorate.
Work is now underway to clear up the site with decades worth of waste piled up in the Grand Theatre while water pumping has started in the basement.
They have also removed pigeons from the building and are now set to make the roof watertight to prevent more damage.
“We have not bought the site just to sit on it and allow it to deteriorate further, that is not what we do.

“There will be hybrid of uses, there will be live music and we will also be getting the community in here.

“There will be a mix of things, some that will help us start to bring money in and other uses that will help the community that we can build up over time.

“The longer the building is empty the worse it will become, we need people in here and for the building to be functioning.

MORE AND PHOTOS...http://www.dailypost.co.uk/business/business-news/llandudnos-broadway-boulevard-open-end-9693506

Offline wrex

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #1064 on: July 22, 2015, 08:42:00 am »
Not sure if Mostyn estates are just useing the Tudno Castle for the Jazz festival but there are workmen there this morning with drills and things,lats hope its the start.