Author Topic: Local Eyesores  (Read 576074 times)

Offline wrex

• Ad Free Member
Re: Local Eyesores
« Reply #690 on: December 13, 2012, 07:40:48 am »
Why the secrecy,so CCBC are forcing Mostyn estates to clean up the building,yet have left Mr Taylor to do nothing with the pier pavilion,classact.

Offline DaveR

• Administrator
« Reply #691 on: December 13, 2012, 08:16:45 am »
Why the secrecy,so CCBC are forcing Mostyn estates to clean up the building,yet have left Mr Taylor to do nothing with the pier pavilion,classact.
I believe the notice would being served on Ashley Moore, as he still retains the Long Leasehold on the Tudno Castle. Mostyn Estates were unsuccessful in attempting to forfeit the Lease earlier this year.

Being as the Pavilion site is just wasteland, CCBC can only serve Enforcement Notices to clear the site of undergrowth etc, they have done this a couple of times and forced the Owner to put up the green fencing along Happy Valley Road.

Offline wrex

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #692 on: December 21, 2012, 07:50:16 am »
How many years will it be in 2013 since the fire,i think CCBC are trying to get to their 25 year anniversary before bthey do owt

Offline Fester

• Ad Free Member.
  • El Baldito
« Reply #693 on: December 21, 2012, 09:47:51 am »
Wrex, ...it will be NINETEEN desolate, pressing years... don't remind me..   bawling.gif bawling.gif bawling.gif bawling.gif bawling.gif
Fester...
- Semper in Excretum, Sole Profundum Variat -

Offline wrex

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #694 on: December 27, 2012, 01:13:39 pm »
I have seen people removing furniture from Augusta holiday apartments so i hope this means the properties have now been sorted and may see some action on the eyesore,there has been a wrangle over ownership and stuff, so its been in the hands of the legal teams,lets hope.

Offline wrex

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #695 on: December 27, 2012, 01:15:41 pm »
Do Mostyn estates still rule over Tthe Tudno Castle or did i read somewere the old occupants had been able to get it back.?

Offline DaveR

• Administrator
« Reply #696 on: December 27, 2012, 03:48:41 pm »
Do Mostyn estates still rule over Tthe Tudno Castle or did i read somewere the old occupants had been able to get it back.?
The owner of the Long Leasehold, Ashley Moore, has regained control of the site. I believe CCBC are currently taking enforcement action against him regarding the state of the property.

Offline DaveR

• Administrator
« Reply #697 on: December 27, 2012, 03:49:10 pm »
I have seen people removing furniture from Augusta holiday apartments so i hope this means the properties have now been sorted and may see some action on the eyesore,there has been a wrangle over ownership and stuff, so its been in the hands of the legal teams,lets hope.
Looks terrible at the moment.  &shake&

Offline Hugo

• Management board member
« Reply #698 on: January 01, 2013, 07:23:43 pm »
The owner of the Long Leasehold, Ashley Moore, has regained control of the site. I believe CCBC are currently taking enforcement action against him regarding the state of the property.

616. TUDNO CASTLE HOTEL
The Principal Conservation Officer provided some background to the site
and required repairs to the hotel.
RESOLVED:-
(a) That an appropriate notice under section 54 of the
Planning (Listed Buildings and Conservation Areas) Act
1990 or section 215 of the Town and Country Planning
Act 1990 is served in respect of the required repairs to
the Tudno Castle Hotel, Llandudno.
(b) That funds from the Historic Buildings Repairs Grant are
utilised to carry out the necessary repairs in default (if
required).

Offline DaveR

• Administrator
« Reply #699 on: January 01, 2013, 07:34:06 pm »
Good to see something happening with the Tudno Castle.

Offline romanjohn

hafodunos hall
« Reply #700 on: January 02, 2013, 06:22:53 pm »
hi Dave yesterday i was looking at  your pictures of hafodunos hall what a lovely building even in its deploreable  arson state it has magic of its own.if the the chap thats bought it is going to use it as his own home I think its great.looking at your pictures there is going to be a lot of work for skilled craftsmen in the local area.perhaps dave you could keep us up to date with  pictures of work in progress if your are allowed to but please dont get in to trouble on our behalf. just going to start some family history know.thank you once again   romanjohn.

Offline DaveR

• Administrator
Re: hafodunos hall
« Reply #701 on: January 02, 2013, 07:31:30 pm »
Thank you, I don't know if you use Facebook but the Owners of Hafodunos have a page to document the progress:
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Hafodunos-Hall/177814395207?ref=ts&fref=ts

I hope to get back up there to take some more photos once they announce their next Open Day.

Offline romanjohn

clarence hotel
« Reply #702 on: January 07, 2013, 12:37:06 am »
any update on the clarence hotel. pictures of men at work if poss or am i being to hopefull.thanks     romanjohn   

Offline wrex

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #703 on: January 08, 2013, 08:30:59 am »
I know Parc Llandudno put plans infront of CCBC to do temporary landscaping where the hoardings are but of course nothing has happened,does anyone know what the outcome of this plan was?.

Offline wrex

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #704 on: February 18, 2013, 07:03:29 pm »
Work seems to be going on at Augusta holiday apartments,they seem to be clearing all the furniture.