Author Topic: Stop Press  (Read 585594 times)

Offline SteveH

• Management Board Member & Newsgroup Editor
Re: Stop Press
« Reply #1110 on: November 07, 2014, 11:13:17 am »
             The details are in the Daily Post this morning Ian, and were on the on-line "Live. North Wales Blog" yesterday which always gives you up-to-date local news and incidents "as it happens".
http://www.dailypost.co.uk/news/north-wales-news/four-people-rushed-hospital-after-8062608
North Wales Police 
A 73 old woman injured in A470 Llanrwst collision between Astra & VW Golf at noon Nov 6 has sadly died. Anyone with information call 101.”

Online Ian

• Administrator
« Reply #1111 on: November 07, 2014, 11:17:51 am »
It'll be interesting to see if any charges are brought against anyone involved. I know the A470 from Maenan to Glan Conwy is the worst part of the entire road, right down to Cardiff. But appalling driving certainly forms a big part of the equation. Very sad to hear about the lady, though.
Nothing is so firmly believed as that which we least know.  ― Michel de Montaigne

Si hoc legere scis, nimis eruditionis habes.

Offline SteveH

« Reply #1112 on: November 11, 2014, 06:12:41 pm »
Uncover North Wales stories at Explore Your Archive week  It's Explore Your Archive week from November 10-16 with plenty of workshops, talks and activities to learn about our communities

Archives across North Wales will be opening their vaults as part of the Explore Your Archive week.

The campaign is to encourage people to discover the stories, facts, places and the people at the heart of our communities.

Members of the public will be able to visit a variety of free events and exhibitions including talks, school workshops, taster sessions, storytelling and sculpting. All of which will cover topics from World War I to celebrating 100 year's of the Women's Institute.

http://www.dailypost.co.uk/whats-on/arts-culture-news/uncover-north-wales-stories-explore-8092453

Offline SteveH

« Reply #1113 on: November 17, 2014, 03:44:00 pm »
MISSING MAN: Police are currently searching for a man, reportedly in difficulty in the sea off Old Colwyn. A helicopter has been launched, but no-one has been found as of yet.REFDPblog

Offline SteveH

« Reply #1114 on: November 17, 2014, 05:53:58 pm »
MISSING MAN: Llandudno RNLI Lifeboat service say they spotted what appeared to be a man at 2pm although the sighting wasn't able to be confirmed. However, during the ensuing search, which took the Police Helicopter and Lifeboat half a mile out to sea, no trace was found and the search called off at 3.00pmRefDPblog

Offline DaveR

• Administrator
« Reply #1115 on: November 26, 2014, 09:39:36 am »
Stephen Chilton: Search for missing Conwy man enters fifth day
Nov 25, 2014 18:22 By David Powell

The search for a missing Conwy man has entered its fifth day.

Stephen Chilton, 39, from Rhos on Sea, was last seen on Thursday evening.

Police became increasingly concerned for the 6ft 3in man and mounted a search, which on Saturday centred on the Little Orme area.

Mountain rescue teams joined coastguards, police and lifeboat crews to search for a missing man in the Llandudno area at the weekend.

Mountain rescue teams with search dogs scoured the hillside for several hours. Police said nothing was found and the search was called off at dusk.

And today a North Wales Police spokeswoman said: “Further investigations are being carried out today and the Joint Underwater Search Team are also continuing with their work in the area.”

Earlier this week Chief Inspector Simon Barrasford from North Wales Police had said: “The multi agency search which began yesterday continues today with teams from the RNLI, mountain rescue, police and coastguard out in the area also conducting enquiries with the public.

“I would urge anyone who may have seen Stephen to contact North Wales Police immediately on 0300 3300101.”

Officers appealed for any sightings of Mr Chilton to be reported to police on 101.

http://www.dailypost.co.uk/news/north-wales-news/search-continues-for-missing-man-8174007

Offline Bri Roberts

• Management board member
« Reply #1116 on: November 28, 2014, 02:08:13 pm »
Stephen Chilton: Tributes paid to Rhos-on-Sea teacher found dead after going missing

The 38-year-old was found dead on Wednesday six days after he went missing from his mother's home

Tributes have been paid to a much loved teacher tragically found dead six days after going missing.

Art teacher Stephen Chilton “lit up a room” and inspired others to learn, say his grieving family.

The 38-year-old bachelor had vanished from his mother’s Rhos on Sea home, where he was living, on Thursday last week and was found dead on Wednesday.

Emergency services had searched for him around the Little Orme.

The exact circumstances of his death have not been released but police say it is not suspicious.
John Chilton, 44, one of his brothers, said: “We knew he had been on a bit of downer but none of us realised the full extent of it. We can’t believe it.

“People would say he would light up a room. He would energise a room - he was such a positive person.

“He brought joy and happiness. People who knew him are all devastated.”
Stephen grew up in Liverpool and later took a Fine Art degree at Aberystwyth University in the early 2000s.

He worked simultaneously at a drug and alcohol rehabilitation centre while he was an undergraduate - although he never had such problems himself, said Mr Chilton.
Stephen then went to Exeter to take a teaching degree and taught in Bradford and Swindon up to 2010.
But that year, he returned to Aberystwyth University to take a Masters degree in Fine Art.
More recently, Stephen has been teaching art in evening classes at a school in the Aberystwyth area.

“He inspired others to learn,” added Mr Chilton.

Mr Chilton said his brother enjoyed outdoor activities and was also trying to pursue a career as an artist.

Stephen ran in the London Marathon and half marathons and both men cycled together in the French Alps.

A post mortem examination is expected to be conducted today.

A full inquest is expected to be held next year to look into the cause of death.

Mr Chilton said: “The inquest will decide what happened.”

Stephen, who would have been 39 on December 16, leaves a twin brother Andrew in New Zealand, three other brothers, a sister, mother and stepfather.

The artist was last seen at midnight on Thursday. November 20.

Police became increasingly concerned for the 6ft 3in man and mounted a search involving officers, a Joint Underwater Search team and coastguards.

But they scaled down the search after property was found.

Mr Chilton thanked everyone who searched for his brother.

Offline DaveR

• Administrator
« Reply #1117 on: November 28, 2014, 02:32:44 pm »
How sad.  :( Incidents like this seem to becoming more common in recent years.

Offline Bri Roberts

« Reply #1118 on: November 28, 2014, 02:48:42 pm »
Yup.  :(

Offline DaveR

• Administrator
« Reply #1119 on: November 28, 2014, 02:57:54 pm »
The ever increasing pressures of modern life, I suppose. :(

Offline Merddin Emrys

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #1120 on: November 28, 2014, 05:03:21 pm »
Tragic!   :(
A pigeon is for life not just Christmas

Offline DaveR

• Administrator
« Reply #1121 on: November 29, 2014, 10:40:29 am »
Big congratulations to our very own Fester, whose shop has been mentioned by Maureen Lipman in the Spectator magazine this week!

"Holidaying recently in north Wales, however, I wandered into a kiosk of soaps and tinctures on Llandudno pier. There was a remedy for sleep that Peter, the knowledgeable proprietor, told me was his biggest seller. It contains lavender (naturally), ylang ylang (not a sleepy Chinese pianist) and odorata (not an impregnated insole). I paid three quid and left smiling drily. That night, still sneering. I applied it to my temples, wrists and the soles of my feet. Reader, I slept like a warthog! Result! The next day in pelting rain I ran back to the kiosk and bought six more phials for myself and my baggy-eyed friends. "

http://www.spectator.co.uk/health/opinion-health/well-worried/9370142/i-think-ive-finally-found-the-secret-of-a-good-nights-sleep/

Anyone wishing to purchase the Sleep Remedy can find it here:
http://llandudno-emporium.com/onlinestore/index.php?route=product/product&product_id=109
« Last Edit: November 29, 2014, 04:23:25 pm by DaveR »

Online Ian

• Administrator
« Reply #1122 on: November 29, 2014, 10:44:39 am »
Congratulations, Fester.  Well deserved :-)))
Nothing is so firmly believed as that which we least know.  ― Michel de Montaigne

Si hoc legere scis, nimis eruditionis habes.

Offline hollins

« Reply #1123 on: November 29, 2014, 12:10:54 pm »
Brilliant, well done Mr F. What a great story!

Offline Merddin Emrys

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #1124 on: November 29, 2014, 12:40:44 pm »
Well done! Great publicity!  $good$
A pigeon is for life not just Christmas