Author Topic: Venue Cymru Arena  (Read 216486 times)

Offline norman08

• Ad Free Member
Re: Venue Cymru Arena
« Reply #465 on: October 28, 2013, 09:34:32 pm »
they are a rock/indie band from liverpool formed 1992

Offline born2run

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #466 on: October 28, 2013, 09:53:59 pm »
Formed in 92 last had a hit in about 97! Great booking venue cymru  :roll:

Offline DaveR

• Administrator
« Reply #467 on: October 29, 2013, 07:19:39 am »
Cast - Sandstorm:

Cast - Sandstorm

Offline FatAndy

« Reply #468 on: October 29, 2013, 09:00:29 am »
December 19,whopee i see they have found another band to play the Arena,i think the band are called Cast,im not aware of this 90;s indie band but who cares they have managed to get a booking,party,party,party

Not wishing to steal anyone's glory here but if you scroll back to 27th September you'll see that someone has already mentioned the Cast gig  ;).
"A computer once beat me at chess, but it was no match for me at kick boxing."

Emo Philips

Offline born2run

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #469 on: October 29, 2013, 04:26:37 pm »
Stroll back to 1996 and you wil someone that actually wants to go to a Cast gig  ;D

Offline Jack

« Reply #470 on: October 29, 2013, 07:30:58 pm »
The Cast gig is being organised by a local promoter. As a big fan of live music he too was fed up of there being no gigs locally. So he got off his backside and approached Cast's management and asked how much they would cost; he then approached Venue Cymru and asked how much hiring the room would cost.

He alone will shoulder any losses or conversely keep any profits.

Maybe Cast aren't to your taste BTR but he hopes this will be the start of someone local kickstarting the live music scene. He also has plans to develop a specific music venue in the three towns area.

At the end of the day anyone with a bit of ambition and cash can approach a band's management company and approach a venue and organise a gig.

Offline Fester

• Ad Free Member.
  • El Baldito
« Reply #471 on: October 29, 2013, 11:50:57 pm »
Dave R, doesn't that remind you of a certain idea and subsequent meeting we once  ?{}?had?
Fester...
- Semper in Excretum, Sole Profundum Variat -

Offline DaveR

• Administrator
« Reply #472 on: October 30, 2013, 09:41:09 am »
Yes, sadly, Fester's dream of an Erasure reunion never came to pass...  :laugh:

Seriously, I wish the promoter well. We did look into a similar idea, had a meeting with VC management, and were told that more contemporary bands would be unwilling to make the detour into North Wales, even as part of a Tour.

Offline born2run

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #473 on: October 30, 2013, 12:16:37 pm »
Yes I wish them well. I may even go along, Walkaway I think is one of the best songs of the 90s, though it is the day after the mighty Dr Feelgod are playing Llandudno Junction (also done by a local promoter)

I hope he makes his money back and there are no security mess ups this time!
If I'm honest I can't see there being many there, especially just before Christmas. Ocean Colour Scene were only three quarters full and they are a much bigger band.

Offline wrex

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #474 on: October 30, 2013, 03:14:24 pm »
Sorry FatAndy i was away when you posted in September,i wish you had corrected me while i have been bleating on about there being nothing on in the Arena,but lets not get carried away,especially as we read it is a local who has sorted this one out and not the promotion team for the Arena,i wonder what they do allday.

Offline born2run

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #475 on: October 30, 2013, 04:39:27 pm »
Sorry FatAndy i was away when you posted in September,i wish you had corrected me while i have been bleating on about there being nothing on in the Arena,but lets not get carried away,especially as we read it is a local who has sorted this one out and not the promotion team for the Arena,i wonder what they do allday.

They have a promotional team?? :o

Offline FatAndy

« Reply #476 on: November 11, 2013, 09:22:00 pm »
OK, everyone can now relax.  It's the news we've all been waiting for and it's now official -

Peter Andre is back!

“I cannot wait to get back out on the road again. Everyone knows that touring is my absolute favourite thing and I am so lucky that I get to do it all over again in 2014.  You guys better get ready because this tour is going to be the best yet.”

I can't wait  :P.
"A computer once beat me at chess, but it was no match for me at kick boxing."

Emo Philips

Offline wrex

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #477 on: November 11, 2013, 09:29:37 pm »
I saw Peter Andre many years ago with Toto and Tina Turner at Alton Towers before anyone knew who he was,lets hope Tina is supporting him .

Offline wrex

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #478 on: November 11, 2013, 09:31:45 pm »
Anyway Andy he ain;t playing the Arena so this needs moving to the granny posts

Offline Fester

• Ad Free Member.
  • El Baldito
« Reply #479 on: November 11, 2013, 09:55:22 pm »
Anyway Andy he ain;t playing the Arena so this needs moving to the granny posts

Wrex, funny you should say that, but Llandudno was a venue on his 2012 tour, but it got cancelled.
Fester...
- Semper in Excretum, Sole Profundum Variat -